Thread: Article: Review - Alpha Flight #0.1 : Phil's Take

Default Article: Review - Alpha Flight #0.1 : Phil's Take

Phil - thanks for a wonderful review! It makes me want to head on NOW to my LCS and get my issue. Alas, I will need to wait until next week (gah!).

From what I have seen of the previews, it seems that FVL and GP are really turning this title up a notch or two, and their respect for characterisation is going to be top notch.

I'm really looking forward to it!

Nicely written, Phil; great job!
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Great review Phil, now I just have to get through the work day so I can read it myself.

Lion-O's 2nd Cousin Alpha Flight

Had to delay my trip to the shop by one day. Thanks for the positive review (and the CBR article) to keep me going 'till then.

I havent read this yet, since i dont have a lcs here but im brother in california is getting it for me along with my other marvel books for may and sending thrm to me. Ive also asked him to preorder Alpha Flight 1-8 so that i can help turn it into an ongoing. this sounds good andf glad to here purple women appearing. One question who is trhe other guy you mrntioned doesnt sound familiar

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Default Good start

Good story, good review, good CBR article.

'Nuff said...for now.

Not as disgruntled, not as frustrated, pleasantly surprised comic book reader
    Last edited by Garry/Al-Fan; 05-18-2011 at 06:06 PM. Reason: still can't spell

this was a great issue, and as phil stated perfectly, i m not hopeful, i have 100% faith in fvl/pak/eaglesham. the one thing that really stuck out to me is how much i forgot who these characters were. its been almost 20 years since these characters acted like the characters we fell in love with, and i am soo happy for that.

Nice review Phil! Thanks for getting up on the site within about 30 seconds of the actual comic being published!

Thanks all.
    To be fair, the review wasn't aimed at people here for the most part, as lets face it we're all pretty much guaranteed sales.
    I just wanted to get something up for the lurkers and non-fans that were on the edge, and trying to get it up as quaickly as possible was all to help spread the word and get a buzz going.
    Hopefully we can get some decent sales numbers this time around.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

My review was aimed at the people here,
    not the ones who aren't .

So, I wasn't as positive as you, Phil. Sorry.

- Le Messor
    "It's really easy to mind your own business - there's so few engaged in doing just that."
    ~ W.G.P.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    I havent read this yet, since i dont have a lcs here
    Where's 'here', out of curiosity?

- LM
    "That list of New Year Resolutions you made last year can be used again. It's as good as new."
    ~ W.G.P.

Very nice review, Phil...Bravo!

Dana