Thread: Placing the Second X-Men Alpha limited in Continuity?

Default Placing the Second X-Men Alpha limited in Continuity?

Looking to our afficienados here. Where would you place this and could we reach a happy medium? As soon as I think I have it something else contradicts it.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Where I was having difficulty was Cyclops left the X-Men after Jean Greys first death around UXM #138 ish. He's in this so it must be just before. Wolvie says in #140 that he has to resolve issues in Canada. It is just like a jigsaw, some how all the pieces don't fit to create a complete picture. On the strength of that I'm more than happy to have it taking place between #6&7 AF.

Cheers
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

hmm.
    Last edited by Phil; 05-17-2011 at 09:32 AM.

That's a tough one. It clearly takes place somewhere between AF #4 and #8 BUT.... Aurora is clearly NOT Jeanne-Marie, as she was for those issues. So that's a continuity error right there.
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs View Post
    Where I was having difficulty was Cyclops left the X-Men after Jean Greys first death around UXM #138 ish. He's in this so it must be just before. Wolvie says in #140 that he has to resolve issues in Canada. It is just like a jigsaw, some how all the pieces don't fit to create a complete picture. On the strength of that I'm more than happy to have it taking place between #6&7 AF.
    I admit that when I put my chronologies together, I've never even tried to allow for X-Men continuity. I've thought about it, but never tried it, especially since I don't know how it relates to Alpha. I figure stories printed in the same month aren't necessarily set at the same time.
    While I have the X-Men from the time, I don't know them nearly as well.

Also, frankly, with any later-written issues (and even some contemporary ones), mistakes happen that mean there's no possible time. The first X-Men / Alpha Flight has a combination of Alphans that never quite happened (Talisman shouldn't have been in there with Sasquatch; she didn't really join until after his 'death').

X-Alpha 2 is the same one with Snowbird shapeshifting in the U.S., and Guardian doing his 'teleporting' trick inside a room. And he doesn't magically transform into a pancake on the wall.
    I basically didn't take its attention to detail too seriously.

Man, this post comes across as defensive, though I'm not feeling that way.

- Le Messor
    "Habit has made you the person you are."
    ~ W.G.P.

What threw me was having Cyclops moping at Jean Greys grave. I remember a scene from #138 of him doing something similar. He then left the X-Men for a while. Yet #140 takes place after and the battles with Tundra and the Master would take place after. It can be reconciled with Cyclops returning around #150 and going to the grave. The timeline of between 6 & 7 AF would then work. I was only checking cos of that 'Time in Alpha History' heading that appears in some reviews.
    Del

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs View Post
    I was only checking cos of that 'Time in Alpha History' heading that appears in some reviews.

Fair enough, but I don't think I've reviewed X-Men / Alpha Flight v2. I think I'm the only one who does that.

- Le Messor
    "I’d love to, but I have to be on the next train to Bermuda."