Thread: Spreading The Word

Default Spreading The Word

So people, 3 days until #0.1 hits...

I'm sure that everyone here will be buying a copy at some point and we'll all be posting on here about it.

However, we need to get the word out and get noticed by other potential-purchasers who are still sitting on the fence.

Between now and Weds (and in fact up to #1 and throughout the maxi) let's get out on other sites and start adding comments and doing our best to sway people. Although let's try not look sychophantic or bias or anything of the nature, and let's rise above smaller-minded people who take pot shots at the team. Not everywhere's as nice as here, as I'm sure you all know.

Going through the articles on our home page there are stories about Marvel on CBR, Comics Alliance, Newsarama, Marvel, USA Today; let's start adding stuff on there. It never looks good when a story has 0 comments; we want to show the world our excitement, even if it's just re-iterating stuff you've already written here.

On Release Day let's try and push the #AlphaFlight hashtag on Twitter if you're on it.
    Not just RT-ing creators/sites, but fresh posts for search engines.

Similar sort of thing with Facebook if you're into that.
    I'm not on it these days so don't know if there are any groups dedicated to the title?
    It might be worth putting it in your interests or statuses as well if you feel inclined.
    I think Dale Eaglesham may have a group on there too, if I've read correctly.

When the issues are out, let's comment on online reviews, giving well-thought out counters to any criticism they may receive where applicable.

Other than that, feel free to suggest ways to spread the word.
    Last edited by Phil; 05-15-2011 at 09:20 AM.

In regards to Facebook, there is a group, but I'm not too sure who runs it. What I think might be a good idea for facebook is to share articles from here on facebook about the upcoming issue. There is a save/share button on every article. It can link the article directly into facebook, twitter or other popular social media

Well im on facebook and twitter as well as comicbookresources.com forums so ill do my part to make alpha an ongoing long live the flight

Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    In regards to Facebook, there is a group, but I'm not too sure who runs it. What I think might be a good idea for facebook is to share articles from here on facebook about the upcoming issue. There is a save/share button on every article. It can link the article directly into facebook, twitter or other popular social media
    Yeah, I tend to use that a lot for the Twitter feed.
    The slight drawback with using it on Facebook is that it'll only show up on your profile so only your friends will see it.

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    Well im on facebook and twitter as well as comicbookresources.com forums so ill do my part to make alpha an ongoing long live the flight
    Feel free to follow us on twitter: @alphaflight_net

I've been reposting a lot of the links here on my Tumblr. But yeah, at three days away, I should probably step things up so far as the "HEY! IT'S HAPPENING THIS WEEK!" goes.

I now follow u on twitter thanks for the heads up mines the same as my user name here

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Not everywhere's as nice as here, as I'm sure you all know.
    Sadly, that's why this is the only forum I hang out in... and I'm not sure Linkara's comments are an appropriate venue for this.

I know someone on CBR, I'll see if I can get him to post.

- Le Messor
    "The longest part of the journey is said to be the passing of the gate."

Originally Posted by Phil
    Not everywhere's as nice as here, as I'm sure you all know.
    Sadly, that's why this is the only forum I hang out in...
    Ditto.
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Bump for #1 tomorrow.
    Let's make some noise people!