Thread: Inventory Page for Sale at Amazon

Default Inventory Page for Sale at Amazon

Unpublished Alpha page on sale at Amazon for $25.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Hmmm...What story does that even go to? Is it an unpublished story (I don't even recognize the art)?

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

It's from an Inventory issue. These are back up one issue stories that are held in reserve if there is difficulty (artist delays etc) in getting the proposed story out. AF vol 1 #113 is an example. Not sure how many inventory issues there are for AF lying around, but pages crop up now and again. The art on this one is by Jan Duursema. Not someone I know a lot about.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Cool. Thanks, Del.
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

We've got about half an issue's worth of Inventory Pages stored up on the old database from an Inventory issue, which I think could possibly be the fabled 'Blooding' storyline.
    I'll transfer over at some point soon.
    They're quite small low-res images though.

That inventory story became an obsession with me for a while. You could be right about it being 'The Blooding', never thought about that before. I just considered it to be an Inventory issue. Although if it was the second proposed Special, you would have thought Furman would have a clearer recollection of it. As for the pages themselves, I believe they were originally uploaded as BMP's which don't lend themselves to resizing.
    Del

I remember when we spoke to Furman at Bristol and he could barely remember The Blooding, so yeah, perhaps it's not.

Did we ask him about the Blooding? I remember him saying he had no recollection of the Inventory story when we showed him the pages. My memory ain't what it was
    Del

Maybe it was that way round instead.
    I dunno... I've had a drink since then.

I think we had a few that day as well, I'm a little fuzzy on that
    Del

what's "the blooding"?
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath07 View Post
    what's "the blooding"?
    The first Alpha special (First Flight) was pretty well received and in a letters page towards the end of vol there was an editor response that suggested that a second called 'The Blooding' was a possibility. A few months after that the series ended and whatever plans for a second special went with it I suppose.
    Del

Okay, thanks! I...vaguely recall that.
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

The style here is reminiscent of John Calimee's work.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    I remember when we spoke to Furman at Bristol and he could barely remember The Blooding, so yeah, perhaps it's not.

True, but I remember how well Byrne remembers Alpha Flight ('I always wanted to do a story where Shaman's medicine pouch gets turned inside out, pity I never got the chance...'), so maybe that's it and he still just doesn't remember it.

- Le Messor
    "Hey, you know when you're doing the usual threesome thing you do of a weekend, and the moonlight's bouncing off your heads and your arses and everything, does that not get a bit confusing?"
    ~ Bernard Black,
    to three skinheads