Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Article: Lettered Preview of #1 Online *UPDATED*

I don't think there's much dispute about who the traitor is, or am I mis reading things. Also the interaction between the team and Marrinas comments to Mac. Totally want this now please.

"Die Earth Scum!"

"What have I told you about you're battlecry?"
    "It's awesome"

Brilliant
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

I don't think Northstar deciding to turn his back on Alpha Flight (presumably for whatever Kara did to Kyle in #0.1) makes him the traitor. That seems far too easy.
    I like the way the Mac/Heather/Baby Hudson is covered.
    I like Marrina being slightly edgier... so far.
    I LOVE the playful Sas and his banter with Aurora.

1 week till #0.1!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like the flirting between Walter and Aurora!

I think the only down side to this (if there is one), is that if after all this AF doesn't draw new fans and established comic fans in, then ...

Yeah, that was my point over in the Glory Days thread.
    If this doesn't work, with everything Marvel's doing for it then I dread to think when we'll ever get another series.
    I think the 'Maxi-Series' angle works well though. I'd be happy for 8 good issues every year/event/crossover or so.

Like yourself I think this Maxi series is really well done. From a selfish Alpha fan viewpoint, if this can't create enough interest to warrant an ongoing, then something like this every year or so would be more than adequate. Well written maxi's have got to outweigh mediocre ongoings imho.

I agree...If it doesn't make it to a full on-going, I'd love to see Marvel put together a great Maxi every year (maybe that's just wishful thinking, I dunno).

Dana

...and next page cuts to JP lounging in bed with Kyle. Priorities.

I am liking this so far.

I personally prefer those little mini series to a regular series. Less money to spend on buying it, and also I find the stories are better when I know a conclusion is coming instead of trailing stories forever just for the heck of it (aka the Liveworld / Dreamqueen intro ... god that was dreadful!)

Really like the new take on Marrina. Enjoy the banter between Mac and Heather and Walt and Aurora. I love the artwork!

Having Northstar as the traitor would make sense. If I remember right, he was a member or the PLQ or whatever that Quebec terrorist cell was called and wasnt he even involved in a bombing or something? Although, with Puck's mercenary background, he could have some strong military ties that force him to turncoat as well.

Extremely looking forward to this!!

As for whether or not this generates enough of an interest to warrant an on-going series or not. I wouldnt be opposed to an annual maxi series. Better than nothing at all. I think its a great idea that maybe Marvel should look into for other titles that were unable to keep up on-going sales numbers - She-Hulk, Cloak & Dagger, Capt. Britain, Winter Guard, Ms. Marvel etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildcard View Post
    Having Northstar as the traitor would make sense. If I remember right, he was a member or the PLQ or whatever that Quebec terrorist cell was called and wasnt he even involved in a bombing or something?
    I personally hope not.
    After everything JP's been through with AF and the X-Men I think it'd be quite lazy writing and a cliché to make him that person again.

Although, with Puck's mercenary background, he could have some strong military ties that force him to turncoat as well.
    His extremely fragile mental state after coming back from hell could well make it easy for him to be manipulated.

As for whether or not this generates enough of an interest to warrant an on-going series or not. I wouldnt be opposed to an annual maxi series. Better than nothing at all. I think its a great idea that maybe Marvel should look into for other titles that were unable to keep up on-going sales numbers - She-Hulk, Cloak & Dagger, Capt. Britain, Winter Guard, Ms. Marvel etc.
    Agreed. We shall see though!
    Last edited by Phil; 05-13-2011 at 10:51 AM.

Lion-O's 2nd Cousin Alpha Flight

Quote Originally Posted by Wildcard View Post
    Really like the new take on Marrina. Enjoy the banter between Mac and Heather and Walt and Aurora. I love the artwork!

Having Northstar as the traitor would make sense. If I remember right, he was a member or the PLQ or whatever that Quebec terrorist cell was called and wasnt he even involved in a bombing or something? Although, with Puck's mercenary background, he could have some strong military ties that force him to turncoat as well.

Extremely looking forward to this!!

May want to look at this...Cloak & Dagger
    The world is NOT getting more Alpha Flight! Tweet me you twits! @DaVeO52