Thread: Article: 'Alpha Flight: Glory Days' article at Marvel.com

Default Article: Alpha Flight: Glory Days article at Marvel.com

Gotta love people who love The Flight.

I'm loving the fact that Marvel is giving this new AF a lot of publicity. Here's hoping it generates as much interest as back in 1983 and we have an ongoing series!

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

I'm still just loving that they're going back to Byrne.

- Le Messor
    "I’d love to, but I feel a song coming on."

That's the thing for this launch:

They've put a high tier creative team on it.
    They've given it press coverage.
    They've given it online coverage.
    They've given it print advertising.
    They've promoted it with a free poster.
    They've (essentially) spun it out of 1 crossover and loosely tied it into another to help sales.

People cannot turn round this time and say "It's Marvel's fault, they're biased against AF, they hate AF, they want us to fail." or the like.

Fans had plenty of reasons in the past for feeling the way they did, though. This time Marvel is actually putting some substantial effort into the book.

I agree fans had a reason to feel that Alpha Flight (& other non top-tier titles) wasn't(/weren't) marketed as well as they could have been/the top tier-titles were, but I've never felt a personal hatred/bias against AF.
    All my opinions, of course.

Better buy multiple copies and put those in your Christmas Socks gifts!

Can't wait to read this issue of the new/old Alpha Flight!

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    I agree fans had a reason to feel that Alpha Flight (& other non top-tier titles) wasn't(/weren't) marketed as well as they could have been/the top tier-titles were, but I've never felt a personal hatred/bias against AF.
    All my opinions, of course.
    I'd have to question your loyalty as an Alpha Flight fan, if you did feel personal hatred and bias against AF, Phil

I'm not saying necessarily hatred (even though I may have said it in the past), Bias...Yes!...And some editors went out of their way to make Alpha Flight look like a joke at conventions...That, I feel is absolutely unacceptable. They should never, ever tear their product down (it doesn't make much sense in terms of the business). You can't make a product marketable, if you continually devalue it's worth.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

I just can't believe my eyes. I'm looking at Marvel.com and thinking is this real? wowzers. This is really happening folks, 1 week away!

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

People cannot turn round this time and say "It's Marvel's fault, they're biased against AF, they hate AF, they want us to fail." or the like.
    ... can if I want to, you can't stop me...

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67 View Post
    ...And some editors went out of their way to make Alpha Flight look like a joke at conventions...That, I feel is absolutely unacceptable.
    Not just that they did it, but the timing was off; they did it in the middle of public-relations problems with the fans.

- Le Messor
    "I’d love to, but I did my own thing and now I’ve got to undo it."

That's the thing for this launch:

They've put a high tier creative team on it.
    They've given it press coverage.
    They've given it online coverage.
    They've given it print advertising.
    They've promoted it with a free poster.
    They've (essentially) spun it out of 1 crossover and loosely tied it into another to help sales.
    And this is all we've been asking from Marvel... for well over a decade. Personally, I still want to hear Brevoort say something positive about the characters, just to see if it gives him a coronary or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
    ... can if I want to, you can't stop me...

Not just that they did it, but the timing was off; they did it in the middle of public-relations problems with the fans.

- Le Messor
    "I’d love to, but I did my own thing and now I’ve got to undo it."
    Yup...They even did it at the Canadian conventions when asked by Canadian Alpha fans if Alpha Flight was coming back. way to go, joeQ.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

way to go, joeQ
    If this becomes a (popular) ongoing, then the "joeq" is on him!
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/