Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Article: Marvel.com's Q&A with Pak & Van Lente

What is in the lower left corner of the 1st preview pic? Is that Karas butt? It looks as if she's hiked up her trenchcoat to show us some GA GA OO LA LA!
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

I fear Northstar's boyfriend might be dead by the end of that fight... wouldn't it make it tragic that he is finally in love and they kill him!

I think he'll still be alive by the end of #0.1 as Dale's been drawing him.

Lion-O's 2nd Cousin Alpha Flight

Very, very nice. Persuassion following in Daddy's footsteps now? Has to be more to it. I love the purple people giant.

So...anybody else think that the 'changes' Puck has gone though in Hell, makes him the leader of the government forces? Not sure if Purple Woman is just a villain, or if she is out to get Alpha Flight on government orders, but it seems like Puck working for the goverrnment could probably convince a lot of other heroes to come and help him, convince them that going after Alpha is the right thing to do...
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Canada's own Civil War.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Tried to comment on the Aurora/Walter pages last week, but it didn't take. I liked that part.

I'll try to refrain from commenting further until I can read the entire story.

Purple Girl/Persuasion/Kara wasn't the character I would've expected...

Here is an image of Kara's butt.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kbutt..gif 
Views:	112 
Size:	41.3 KB 
ID:	937

I can't believe I'm the only one who noticed it.
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by rplass View Post
    Here is an image of Kara's butt.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kbutt..gif 
Views:	112 
Size:	41.3 KB 
ID:	937

I can't believe I'm the only one who noticed it.
    Apparently Ben read alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com before drawing this issue! lol
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Let's try and keep this thread (& site) suitable for all ages folks...

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    I think he'll still be alive by the end of #0.1 as Dale's been drawing him.
    It could be for flashbacks.

The... other thing... the one that's changing what type of site this is... She's clearly wearing a costume. It's skin-tight, of course, but it's still clothes of sorts. It doesn't match her skin colour.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

- Le Messor
    Giles: I was 10, when my father told me I was destined to be a Watcher. He was one, and his mother before him. I was to be next.
    Buffy: Were you thrilled beyond all measure?

Giles: No. I had very definite plans about my future. I was to be a fighter pilot. Or, a grocer.

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Default Doormats

November, 2010 CHAOS WAR: ALPHA FLIGHT - "Quidlivun, Home of the Inua, the Northern Gods" (Jim McCann)....Tuesday (April 19th, 2011) Q & A, Snowbird sidebar "Narya's origins trace back to ancient times when the Eskimo Gods..."

Despite being hit by an adamantium man, I'm getting tired of seeing Sasquatch get knocked around by everybody.

There seems to be more interest in peek-a-boo Kara than in whether Alpha Flight will finally be recognized as the heroes they truly are.

And Alpha Flight is going to be betrayed by one of their own, and have to fight their way out of Dept. H?

Who are they going to fight? More former Betans? Dark (fill-in-the-blank)?
    Once upon a time, they exploded from the pages of The X-Men. For a moment, they were "Canada's answer to The Avengers."

They were ALPHA FLIGHT....

...once upon a time.

Good article. Finally, Marvel puts somebody genuinely interested in and fans of the original Byrne run in the driving seat.

Now what about Talisman? Hopefully if the series is ongoing, she'll be back!

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Garry/Al-Fan View Post
    There seems to be more interest in peek-a-boo Kara than in whether Alpha Flight will finally be recognized as the heroes they truly are.
    Gonna be honest... that's never been my bugbear.
    I sometimes feel like everybody (I don't necessarily mean the people of this site) has to feel like their heroes are the Best of the Best of the Best ever!!!! all the time. I don't, and I get tired of every team feeling like they have to be the BESTEST EVER!!! to be worth having a title, or at least a mildly serious one (as opposed to, say, the GLA).

So, while I DO recognise the need for respect for our team, I don't obsess over it. Unlike, say, colouring...

- Le Messor
    "R.E.S.P.E.C.T. find out what it means to me!"
    ~ Aretha Franklin

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Omega Flight: Tanaraq/Sasqatch and the Wrecking Crew tear up the city. Plus, demons fill the sky and attack innocent civilians. Arachne, Beta Ray Bill, Talisman, USAgent, and Mailman Mike save the day. Not Alpha Flight.

Volume 3: The whole team (made up mostly of the originals) gets captured by the plodex-ship. Not shown how.

Volume 2: Radius needs a device to eat; should have a bit of a problem going to the bathroom. New
    "Alpha Flight" (8 members) couldn't beat Mesmero, but Clarke sends them to take down Wolverine.
    And people wonder why this version got cancelled.

Alpha Flight doesn't have to be as all-pervasive as The Avengers and The X-Men, but it shouldn't be too much to ask for the best possible craftsmenship and quality. The MARVEL editors corrected the spelling of "Marrina" in (John Byrne's) AF # 1, vol. 1 (a fact I didn't know until Amazing Heroes disclosed it).

So instead of "Inuit", the books may publish "Eskimo". Instead of foreshadowing that Sasquatch is powerful enough to pull a battleship out of the water by himself, thereby establishing that he has a chance against the Hulk (HULK Annual # eight), Citadel just knocks him around.

Didn't folks think that if OF didn't take off, nobody would be able to do it?

*cough* McCann & Reilly *cough*
    Last edited by Garry/Al-Fan; 04-25-2011 at 05:23 PM.