Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Article: Marvel.com's Q&A with Pak & Van Lente

I don't see what issue there is with Kara's clothing-covered butt being shown? She has pants on?! The horror!

@ Garry: Beaten by Betans? LOL!

@ Banshee: I think Fred said that we will see Talisman.

@ Garry: Mesmero ain't easy to beat, since all he needs to do is make eye contact and bam!...You're in his power. I agree that Volume 3 kind of made the original team look like chumps, which is a crime...Thanks for that, Scott.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Garry/Al-Fan View Post
    Omega Flight: Tanaraq/Sasqatch and the Wrecking Crew tear up the city. Plus, demons fill the sky and attack innocent civilians. Arachne, Beta Ray Bill, Talisman, USAgent, and Mailman Mike save the day. Not Alpha Flight.
    Agreed.
    But also, not bad.
    YMMV.

Volume 2: Radius needs a device to eat; should have a bit of a problem going to the bathroom.
    But when I think about it, which I freely admit I try not to do, I figure the same device could somehow be used for that, too.

New "Alpha Flight" (8 members)...
    If you're saying v2 was bad, I agree.
    Not only was it not Alpha Flight, the tone and style and types of stories were completely different, making it totally different to the original series. In fact, the exact opposite of why I love Alpha Flight.
    If you're saying it's bad because the team weren't totally bad-ass... whatever.

Alpha Flight doesn't have to be as all-pervasive as The Avengers and The X-Men, but it shouldn't be too much to ask for the best possible craftsmenship and quality.
    Totally agreed. Without that, no wonder serieses don't last.
    I don't think Marvel has gone for craftmanship and quality for a long time, though, going instead for whatever's HAWT! regardless of whether it fits with a particular title or not.

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67 View Post
    @ Garry: Mesmero ain't easy to beat, since all he needs to do is make eye contact and bam!...You're in his power. I agree that Volume 3 kind of made the original team look like chumps, which is a crime...Thanks for that, Scott.
    True that...
    Also, the Mesmero bit was a total rip of Sandman. No, wait, we're comic book readers... who would ever notice that?

- Le Messor
    "I will make you shorter by a head."

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

@ Garry: Mesmero ain't easy to beat...

Alpha Flight is tough enough when handled with care.

I don't believe I'm getting ready to compare a Mantlo era story favorable to volume 2, but...

Mantlo's Alpha Flight beat Mesmero while fighting Sentinels. This by no means means I think AF# 43 is a good or plausible story. On the other hand, volume 2's Murmur couldn't even mount a bit of resistance against Mesmero and she's supposedly a mind-manipulator, too! (Ah, if she can't put up a good defense against another mind-manipulator, and she gets broken up in more physical altercations, what good is she?) And the character who could resist Mesmero was...MAN-BOT? MAN-BOT?

And people wonder why this version got cancelled.

4. 04-25-2011

5. 04-25-2011

Man-bot was AWESOME!

[ you too can join the Man-Bot fan club; just send $9.95 to... ]
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by suzene View Post
    Seriously...making the boyfriend of your teenage crush into part of a grotesque and enormous automaton? Very Mean Girl...
    And makes soooo much sense! C'mon, tell me you wouldn't do if it, too. I would!
    Now Showing "Return from LurkWorld 3:Can I Have A Life Please?"

@ Garry Murmur was lame on a stick...LOL!

Dana

I liked Murmur. She had...potential. Unused and untapped, but it was still there.
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Apart from Flex, vol 2 members mainly left me empty inside. Radius was Northstar lite. Murmur a dodgy Aurora rip off and the rest where so non descript that the only thing I remember is that one of them had BO (?) . This is just how I feel about them and I know that vol 2 bought a lot of new readers in, but it just wasn't for me.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs View Post
    Apart from Flex, vol 2 members mainly left me empty inside. Radius was Northstar lite. Murmur a dodgy Aurora rip off and the rest where so non descript that the only thing I remember is that one of them had BO (?) . This is just how I feel about them and I know that vol 2 bought a lot of new readers in, but it just wasn't for me.
    True, but I'm still liking this Murmur on a stick idea...

Del, have you lent Dfense your account? Suddenly you're writing exactly like him (?) and you never did before...

- Le Messor
    "I won’t rise to the occasion, but I’ll slide over to it."

It won't happen again Mik, I was having a lucid moment watching some lady type person wander through a church towards a soldier, I thought it was a movie, turns out some ones getting married. I will be less lucid in future
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Images

It won't happen again Mik, I was having a lucid moment watching some lady type person wander through a church towards a soldier, I thought it was a movie, turns out some ones getting married. I will be less lucid in future
    I didn't say you were more lucid like that...
    Maybe it was a dream?

- Mik
    "Living twice at once you'll learn
    You're safe from pain in the dream domain,
    A soul set free to fly"
    ~ Queensr˙che, Silent Lucidity
    Last edited by Le Messor; 04-29-2011 at 07:41 AM.

What it may be Mik is that I have had to let the old growling snarlling Derek go. My job demands that I am nice. It's not a trait I like

That sounds like a strange hallucination, Del. You'd better get checked out.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Images

What it may be Mik is that I have had to let the old growling snarlling Derek go. My job demands that I am nice. It's not a trait I like
    I'm sorry, man... I know what that's like.

Or, as Dana says, maybe you're just a hallucination?

- Le Messor
    "I Work Hard Because Millions On Welfare Depend on Me!"

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Default Eagerly awaiting...

Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath07 View Post
    Man-bot was AWESOME!

[ you too can join the Man-Bot fan club; just send $9.95 to... ]
    MARVEL's next big thing (after the maxi-series): The Awesome MAN-BOT! Sure to be a collector's item.
    Guest-starring the guy who can't pee or poop and his little brother "Wimpy".

The Master: These guys are supposed to protect Canada? (falls on the floor, laughing)

Mesmero: Okay, Beasties, which team would you rather face: the one with the obsessed chick who will rip your heart out or the one with the useless hot chick?

SOMON: I assume the useless hot chick you refer to isn't "Aurora" as she is on the team with the obsessed one.

Mesmero: True.

Pink Pearl: Just sit on all of 'em.
    Once upon a time, they exploded from the pages of The X-Men. For a moment, they were "Canada's answer to The Avengers."

They were ALPHA FLIGHT....

...once upon a time.