Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Article: Alpha Flight #0.1 Preview *UPDATED*

Default Alpha Flight 0.1 Preview

"How do you know that my dimwitted inexperience isnt merely a subtle form of manipulation used to lower peoples expectations, enhancing my ability to effectively maneuver within any given situation."

Looks terrific. But when did 'Squatch start manscaping? He looks a little thin in the hairy department (but still looks great).

DIGGER

Whew! Thank god Aurora has her "twin" costume and long hair. I was scared after seeing those 2 covers.

3 pages of preview and there's more character there than there's been in YEARS!!! Walter in his suit to resist auroras speed, aurora going through therapy and more assertive, department h case files...........omg!! and thats on 3 preview pages!!! not thrilled about sasquatchs look, but fvl and greg pak are going to nail these characters!!! bring them back to the ones we fell in love with all those years ago.

so psyched.

Impressed beyond words!

Well, perhaps not beyond words.

I love the natural banter between Aurora and Sas... it really hearkens back to the team dynamics from the Byrne era.

Kudos to FVL and GP -- Alpha Flight 2011 is going to be awesome!

Also - loved the art by Ben Oliver. Not too bothered that Sas looks a little less fuzzy - the dynamic angles and the way he draws Aurora... WOW!

Love the new old Aurora, both the look, and the personality. Same goes for Walter. Nice to see they're touching on some minor details from both new, and old stories.

OMGAH! I love it! I totally agree with Varo on the character elements...It's wonderful to see a writer who cares enough to give you info like that. I'm sooooo tired of decompressed story-telling, this reads more like the old days. Lots of action and character stuff, unlike other "star" writers at Marvel who drag one issue out over six.

Cool to see the return of Citadel too (Alpha Flight needs more adversaries/villains/terrorists/etc...).

Bravo Mr Pak, Mr Van Lente and Mr Oliver (and not to forget the gorgeous cover by the talented Mr Jimenez)!

So excited!

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

That art looks rough, but that just could be the medium or the viewing program. Sas looks...naked. Brown and naked. Sigh.

Okay, complaining is done. Time to rally behind my Flight!

"But longtime Alpha fans will be psyched to see some familiar faces return, though maybe not in the roles they're used to."

Oooo...the only thing I like better than hindsight, is foreshadowing! Bring it!
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

It's a good time to be an Alpha Fan methinks.

And I also think a re-read of Wolverine:First Class #5 is in order for me tonight!

Now I want to re-read that issue too.

Dana

Over at Dale Eaglesham's site FVL said in reference to this interview:
    I think that one is just on-line.

But there are more coming...
    I take it to mean there are more newspaper interviews coming!

I love the banter between the characters...

But I hate Sasquatch's haircut!!!