Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Issue #2 Solicitation

Wow. Puck! PUCK!!

I think Dale has been teasing us a bit with the "Puck... if we end up using him"... and they bring him back in #2.

For the record, I also ordered the variant (Puck) cover of #2.

I haven't felt this way since 1992!

Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath07 View Post
    Why would you put a hammer in a box? And what would you use to smash open the box, seeing as how your new hammer is inside it?

I guess you would do that so "you can't touch this" or "break it down".

DIGGER

Hmmmm...Spoilers...

Citadel warned of the Unity party and even tells Sasquatch he's a slave to the government...While saying that government is being stolen...He seemed to know what was coming.

Dana
    Last edited by cmdrkoenig67; 04-14-2011 at 12:36 AM.
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

If you don't know, I can't explain it.
    But you're my interpreter!

I guess you would do that so "you can't touch this" or "break it down".
    Thank you, MC Digger.
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

I forgot to mention....PUCK!

Dana

Quote Originally Posted by suzene View Post
    The covers do seem to provide a strong hint as to who it might be...

BTW, if it is Puck with the writers having decided that the best way to get rid of his "no, really! I'm a normal guy possessed by a demon!" retcon is to have had him locked up since issue #29 or so with a phony running about in the MU for the last twenty years, I will LMAO and buy five copies.

Still v. worried about the traitor being one of Jeanne-Marie's personalities, though.
    I actually think that would be fantastic...I'd love to see an additional sinister personality be explored...Totally selfish, arrogant, ego-maniacal and vicious.

Dana

Quote Originally Posted by DIGGER View Post
    Maybe the guy with the hammer is Beta-Ray and maybe the whole promo has a great big typo and Alpha really isn't BETRAYED but rather gets Beta-Ray(ed).

DIGGER
    LOL....That. Was. Fantastic. Good on you, Digger!

Dana

Out of all the one's shown on BC I can only see it being Grey Gargoyle.
    The others would probably be considered too 'top tier' for AF.

However, I reckon that there'll be one of Pak & FVL's choosing within this series (& in Herc).

Alpha has faced Attuma a few times, maybe the hammer-wielder is him?

Dana

Yeah it is confirmed Attuma is getting a hammer, so perhaps he could face AF

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67 View Post
    Alpha has faced Attuma a few times, maybe the hammer-wielder is him?

Dana
    I think he's mainly for the Defenders oneshot, but it's possible.

Lion-O's 2nd Cousin Alpha Flight

I actually kind of like the idea for The Chosen. I don't plan on getting Fear Itself but I did get The Book of the Skrull prelude just so I have a hint of what will be going on in AF. It was actually really good, but then I'm rarely disappointed in Brubaker's stories. Especially when dealing with WW II Cap, Bucky and Namor.

I actually hope the Chosen is NOT an AF bad guy they go up against. I'd rather see someone they've never faced before.

Quote Originally Posted by mreeez View Post
    Bleeding Cool released them in 3 parts.

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3
    Thanks for the links mreeez. Hmmm, not really sure about these character designs, other than the post-hammer Thing, and the pre-hammer Absorbing Man.

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67 View Post
    I actually think that would be fantastic...I'd love to see an additional sinister personality be explored...Totally selfish, arrogant, ego-maniacal and vicious.
    I'd prefer not to swing toward the "mentally ill = untrustworthy psycho" trope. And I'd really like not to have JM lose the ground she seemed to have gained recently wrt dealing with her DID. That's the potential downside of the creative team going waaaay back to basics -- there's the danger of some good bits getting ignored along with the wtf-ery. Not that I'm sorry to lose low points like Alpha Flight attacking a school or Mac's increasingly preposterous series of resurrections, but there are some parts that add up to half-decent character progression in there too. But we'll see how it shakes out.