Default Issue #2 Solicitation

Here's the solicit for AF #2:

ALPHA FLIGHT #2
    Written by FRED VAN LENTE & GREG PAK
    Penciled by DALE EAGLESHAM
    Cover by PHIL JIMENEZ
    Variant Cover by DALE EAGLESHAM
    FEAR ITSELF TIE-IN!
    Alpha Flight… traitors??? After saving their country from the hammer-wielding XXXXX, The Flight are captured by
the newly risen Unity Party and branded as traitors. Now they must escape from the bowels of the top-secret facility, Department H, they once called home. In doing so they must confront the shocking betrayal of one of their core members -- and discover an imprisoned hero readers have clamored to see since this series was announced! The red-hot writing team of Greg Pak and Fred Van Lente and artistic legend Dale Eaglesham continue their highly-anticipated resurrection of one of Marvel’s most beloved super hero teams in a story that absolutely cannot be missed!
    Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Legerd View Post
    Here's the solicit for AF #2:

Thoughts?
    The only clamor seemed to be for Puck...who could also be the core member traitor
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

Quote Originally Posted by kozzi24 View Post
    The only clamor seemed to be for Puck...who could also be the core member traitor
    The covers do seem to provide a strong hint as to who it might be...

BTW, if it is Puck with the writers having decided that the best way to get rid of his "no, really! I'm a normal guy possessed by a demon!" retcon is to have had him locked up since issue #29 or so with a phony running about in the MU for the last twenty years, I will LMAO and buy five copies.

Still v. worried about the traitor being one of Jeanne-Marie's personalities, though.
    Last edited by suzene; 04-13-2011 at 04:17 AM. Reason: Dialing back spoilers...

Quote Originally Posted by suzene View Post
    The covers do seem to provide a strong hint as to who it might be...

BTW, if it is Puck with the writers having decided that the best way to get rid of his "no, really! I'm a normal guy possessed by a demon!" retcon is to have had him locked up since issue #29 or so with a phony running about in the MU for the last twenty years, I will LMAO and buy five copies.

Still v. worried about the traitor being one of Jeanne-Marie's personalities, though.
    I actually think that would be fantastic...I'd love to see an additional sinister personality be explored...Totally selfish, arrogant, ego-maniacal and vicious.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67 View Post
    I actually think that would be fantastic...I'd love to see an additional sinister personality be explored...Totally selfish, arrogant, ego-maniacal and vicious.
    I'd prefer not to swing toward the "mentally ill = untrustworthy psycho" trope. And I'd really like not to have JM lose the ground she seemed to have gained recently wrt dealing with her DID. That's the potential downside of the creative team going waaaay back to basics -- there's the danger of some good bits getting ignored along with the wtf-ery. Not that I'm sorry to lose low points like Alpha Flight attacking a school or Mac's increasingly preposterous series of resurrections, but there are some parts that add up to half-decent character progression in there too. But we'll see how it shakes out.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

I dunno, on that one cover, it looks like Shaman vs. everybody.

- Le Messor
    "I used to have a handle on life, but it broke."

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
    I dunno, on that one cover, it looks like Shaman vs. everybody.
    Hmm... to me it looks like Shaman's trying to save Snowbird.

The thing I can't work out is whether or not Mac's trying to fly away or if he's just blasted Marrina.

If it's the latter then that'd make Mac the core betrayer?

Quote Originally Posted by suzene View Post
    That's a REALLY interesting point, and something I hadn't thought of... but given FVL's loathing of the Temporal Versions of AF I doubt they'd create a 2nd Puck.
    My guess is he got out of hell somehow...

Any guesses on who's going to become AF's hammer-wielding Worthy adversary?

Yes, i have thoughts.

Many of them ("Why are you all laughing?" is one of them). Sometimes, more than one in a day!

Hammer-wielding...Wrecking Crew!

Shocking betrayal by...Mac. He's not a man given to politics. That's my thought. He just follows orders and serves his government; but he'll be the big hero in the end.

Imprisioned hero - definitely Puck.
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath07 View Post
    Yes, i have thoughts.
    Many of them ("Why are you all laughing?" is one of them).
    If you don't know, I can't explain it.

Sometimes, more than one in a day!
    I'm sorry, I know that can hurt.

Shocking betrayal by...Mac. He's not a man given to politics. That's my thought. He just follows orders and serves his government; but he'll be the big hero in the end.
    Imprisioned hero - definitely Puck.
    First part, true. They've said AF will be betrayed. They never said the betrayer will stay betray-ey.

Puck is imprisoned on that cover, but it could be purely symbolic, just a pic that's got nothing to do with the contents. We've all seen them.

Quote Originally Posted by Legerd View Post
    I've got a hunch the hammer-wielding bad guy could be (a) Box.
    The X-Office has declared Madison off-limits to us, I'm afraid. Box, though...
    Ooh, Black box? Everybody, everybody ride on time!
    I take that to mean that...
    No, I don't. I just reread it. I was going to say that meant they really couldn't use him, but you're right, they can use Box. At least his legs. Then it'll be just kick-boxing.

Why would you put a hammer in a box? And what would you use to smash open the box, seeing as how your new hammer is inside it?
    You have to put it in a box before you give it to anybody.
    I'm still trying to figure out why my work's dishwasher is Thor brand? Who buys a dishwasher named after a guy famous for using a hammer?
    "Oh, we'll treat your dishes delicately, all right..." *snigger.*

- Le Messor
    "I used to think that the brain was the most wonderful organ in my body. Then I realized who was telling me this."
    ~ Emo Phillips

I say this, because of something FVL said about Madison not being available for the maxi-series:
    The X-Office has declared Madison off-limits to us, I'm afraid. Box, though...
    Maybe he's just saying Box could show up if the book survives as an ongoing, or maybe he's giving a reveal?
    Last edited by Legerd; 04-13-2011 at 02:04 PM.

Why would you put a hammer in a box? And what would you use to smash open the box, seeing as how your new hammer is inside it?
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

I guess you would do that so "you can't touch this" or "break it down".

DIGGER

I think it is going to be Marrina just looking at who the Worthy are (Marvel released who gets hammers yesterday).
    "How do you know that my dimwitted inexperience isnt merely a subtle form of manipulation used to lower peoples expectations, enhancing my ability to effectively maneuver within any given situation."

Quote Originally Posted by mreeez View Post
    I think it is going to be Marrina just looking at who the Worthy are (Marvel released who gets hammers yesterday).
    Where's this?

The hammer wielding guy is 'Bob The Builder' or not.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!