Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Article: Marvel Gives A First Look At Eaglesham's Alpha Flight *UPDATED*

Actually, I'm quite glad it's Gary Cody, as it's definitely a nod to the AF of the Byrne era and will tie this series in with the first volume. No doubt, he survived being brain-fried by Bedlam years ago.

I guess it's a bit passe these days to say I'M FREAKING LOOKING FORWARD TO THE RETURN OF THE REAL ALPHA FLIGHT!!!

I just hope that it gets promoted to a regular and not just a maxi.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath07 View Post
    Also, the chances that we will elect somebody who has been previously accused of being brain-dead, is 100%.
    Well, you will keep voting for politicians...

- Le Messor
    "Don't vote. It only encourages them."
    (that's aimed at you Americans... we have to vote in Australia.)
    Last edited by Le Messor; 04-02-2011 at 04:52 PM.

Thanks to Seng we have this from FVL over on Dale's board:

This was discussed a bit on the AF.net forums, but thought it might be more pertinent to raise it here.

I noticed in one of Dale's sketches that the new PM of Canada (due to events unfolding in Fear Itself) is Prime Minister Cody. This wouldn't happen to be Gary Cody, the ex-AF liaison from Byrne's run of the title, and who Mantle brain fried in one of his issues of AF? If it is, that would be really, very cool!

The one and the same. The joys of CHAOS WAR, both in HERC and ALPHA FLIGHT, is that Herc, inadvertently and/or advertently, brought back a bunch of formerly-dead folks from Heaven and/or Hell. Some of those resurrections, in the case of Mac, Heather, Shaman were positive.

Some of them, in both the HERC and AF series... Not so much...

Some of them, in both the HERC and AF series... Not so much...
    Ooooooo...I sense an appearance by Wild Child....(oh pleeze oh pleeze oh pleeze)
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

How very interesting...

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

A writer could also bring back other positive characters like Bochs or Diamond Lil too, but yes...It would be nice to see evil Wild Child return (unless, he isn't dead anyway...He didn't appear in the Wolverine in Hell story...Even though, his "killer" Omega Red did).

Dana

I'd be worried about flooding the title with too many characters too soon.

We know that Talisman & Persuasion will be making cameos in #0.1, whether as appearances, flashbacks or just floating heads to indicate they're still alive is a different story.

A casual reader's likely to know of Puck, so that's already a cast of 11-ish Alphans, plus Cody + Kyle(JP's boyfriend, not Wildchild) that we know of.

Plus there's also the fact that the AoA Wildchild will be in Uncanny X-Force for a 3 issue arc, so they may think twice for that reason too.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Yeah, it appears to be one and the same...
    #0.1 sees an election for Canadian PM.
    Wow, it's really nice of all of us in Canada to decide to have an election this May to promote AF #0.1, eh? How's that for timing?

I dunno, Phil...I can pretty much guarantee there will be more than 11 characters in the series (probably even in 0.1). Kyle and even Persuasion are supporting characters, at best (and maybe not even Kara)...I don't see how they'd count.

As for Bochs and Diamond Lil, they serve basically the same function, since their not part of the original team...they be just supporting characters (if not adversaries, that is).

Dana
    Last edited by cmdrkoenig67; 04-04-2011 at 02:17 PM.

Yeah there'll be more than 11 characters, but I can't see there being a cast of more than 11 Alphans in the team.
    The 8 we've got is a well-rounded team.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    We know that Talisman & Persuasion will be making cameos in #0.1, whether as appearances, flashbacks or just floating heads to indicate they're still alive is a different story.
    Cool.
    I've lost track - where did we learn that?

- Le Messor
    "I think we dream so we don't have to be apart so long. If we're in each other's dreams, we can play together all night."
    ~ Calvin

The 8 we've got is a well-rounded team.
    If they really wanted a well-rounded team, they would have added a 9th member; Pink Pearl.
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Err.. a combination of twitter and Dale Eaglesham's forum...
    I'll look for quotes at some point today.

Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath07 View Post
    Ooooooo...I sense an appearance by Wild Child....(oh pleeze oh pleeze oh pleeze)
    Jaxon
    "How do you know that my dimwitted inexperience isnt merely a subtle form of manipulation used to lower peoples expectations, enhancing my ability to effectively maneuver within any given situation."

Gotta agree with mreez and think that Jaxon is going to be involved in someway, somehow just to renew the battle with Hudson

DIGGER