Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: A First Look at Eaglesham's Alpha Flight Pt. 1

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath07 View Post
    I agree with the commenter on the JB forums - Northstar does appear to be running. Who flies with their legs bent in a running pose? Oh well...JB's got the final word.
    Yeah, I thought running, too.
    Also, much as I want to give Byrne the final word, I always remember his comment on his forum: 'I always wished I could've explored what would happen if Shaman's bag got turned inside out'.
    Methinks he's forgotten a thing or two in the last thirty years.

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs View Post
    My understanding was that Marrina took on human form because Plodex egg was waiting for encoding and took on the DNA imprint they came into contact with first? The Master stated that he felt compelled to travel to the Plodex Ship as where other creatures. The ship decided which species was the most dominant and imprinted the eggs with that DNA. So this morphing power confuses me a tad. The reason given for Marrinas mate not having form was that the original ship was damaged in the crash and therefore didn't imprint the eggs.
    Agreed.
    OTOH, she did have shapeshifted blisters, and some (extremely limited) shape changes when she met said mate.

- Le Messor
    "I spell good."

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs View Post
    My understanding was that Marrina took on human form because Plodex egg was waiting for encoding and took on the DNA imprint they came into contact with first? The Master stated that he felt compelled to travel to the Plodex Ship as where other creatures. The ship decided which species was the most dominant and imprinted the eggs with that DNA. So this morphing power confuses me a tad. The reason given for Marrinas mate not having form was that the original ship was damaged in the crash and therefore didn't imprint the eggs.
    Right...The other thing that confuses me is how can Marrina change into her "leviathan form" anyway? What exactly is that form based on? Plodex need DNA to take a form and Marrina's egg originally used Mrs Smallwood's DNA to take a human form. Just how is Marrina miraculously able to take the form of leviathan (more than a hundred times her own size even) with no "leviathan" DNA introduced and no genetic manipulation? It makes no sense.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67 View Post
    Right...The other thing that confuses me is how can Marrina change into her "leviathan form" anyway? What exactly is that form based on? Plodex need DNA to take a form and Marrina's egg originally used Mrs Smallwood's DNA to take a human form. Just how is Marrina miraculously able to take the form of leviathan (more than a hundred times her own size even) with no "leviathan" DNA introduced and no genetic manipulation? It makes no sense.

Dana
    Dana, you overlook the obvious. Gladys Smallwood was a mutant that could turn into a Leviathan. Clearly.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahab View Post
    Gladys Smallwood was a mutant that could turn into a Leviathan. Clearly.
    Aren't we all? I know I am...

Images

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67 View Post
    Right...The other thing that confuses me is how can Marrina change into her "leviathan form" anyway? What exactly is that form based on?
    That egg was rolling around on the bottom of the ocean for a loooong time.
    It just now occurs to me the implications.

- Le Messor
    "I started to slow down but the traffic was more stationary than I thought."
    ~ alleged actual response on an insurance form

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
    Agreed.
    OTOH, she did have shapeshifted blisters, and some (extremely limited) shape changes when she met said mate.
    I thought all that blister stuff was a hormonal response to odd shaped blobs gyrating in front her, doing the funky chicken.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Clearly, you meant the funky tuna.
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath07 View Post
    Clearly, you meant the funky tuna.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scarymask_hipste&#11.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	308.4 KB 
ID:	878

Clearly this interweb thing is a wonderous invention. Want an image of a funky tuna, one quick google, clear up the mess and then get on the PC.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Phil, you are a wonder.

Not a Wonder-Twin, 'cause that'd be DC. And not a Boy-Wonder, either. More like...Wonderbread.
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Ha! I love the hipster Marrina, Phil.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by MistressMerr View Post
    Why not? Super speed is super speed. Running seems pretty pointless, a lot more work for no real reason.

As slow as they want. They can even hover if they want to.
    Super-speed flight in an apartment would be slower than flight, and allow for navigation.

Are there on-panel references to them hoverig in flight?
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

I don't know. You're starting to make me think of those slow races that Calvin and Hobbes had.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by kozzi24 View Post
    Super-speed flight in an apartment would be slower than flight, and allow for navigation.

Are there on-panel references to them hovering in flight?
    From Byrne's era?
    I'm having trouble recalling.

There's this:

Name:	calvin_hobbes_640&#9.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	69.3 KB 
ID:	879

Thanks to Mokole.

Post shapeshift Marrina had a little more than blisters - sharp pointy teeth, for one thing

Name:	knowledge-tim-th&#.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	78.9 KB 
ID:	880, and her musculature seemed to change.

I hope Phil isn't the boy Wonder Twin, because ugh...
    I've read those issues of Titans.

And now I don't read Titans any more.

- Le Messor
    "I stayed in a really old hotel last night. They sent me a wake-up letter."
    Last edited by Le Messor; 03-30-2011 at 04:40 AM. Reason: This was actually the thread I was looking for.