Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: A First Look at Eaglesham's Alpha Flight Pt. 1

As a huge fan of Marrina, I never thought I would like her more than I already do, but this has me really excited. I love these images. The changes we are seeing don't surprise me considering what she has gone through. Can't wait to see this character again and what they have planned for her.

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67 View Post
    Uh...I thought Gary Cody was dead...Brain dead? His mind erased by Bedlam (then again, they did say they weren't really touching on what came after Byrne).

Dana
    Nobody said it was GARY Cody, not that I have seen; at least, not yet. Who knows, maybe he escaped the realm of the dead along with Alpha Flight, lol.
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

So we've got Puck and the Prime Minister but no Heather yet? That's kinda weird isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Canucklehead View Post
    So we've got Puck and the Prime Minister but no Heather yet? That's kinda weird isn't it?
    Maybe she's undergoing a Marrina-esque revamp and so gets a day to herself? All the ones in this bunch were very much the classic looks (although I loved the little touch of the scars on Mac, it just makes sense). We haven't seen Shaman yet, either.

Quote Originally Posted by Canucklehead View Post
    It was just a small selection of sketches. No-one said we'd see the whole team.

It's hard to tell from headshots, but Marrina seems to be the most changed in look.
    Yeah, I seem to remember FVL saying in one of the interviews that she'd never really had the chance to develop much characterisation and that he was going to change that and bring her to the forefront this year (paraphrasing).

Quote Originally Posted by canucklehead View Post
    that just makes him more qualified!

someone had to say it.
    lol!
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath07 View Post
    Nobody said it was GARY Cody, not that I have seen; at least, not yet. Who knows, maybe he escaped the realm of the dead along with Alpha Flight, lol.
    If the "escape from the realm of the dead" is the explanation, then I demand to see Diamond Lil and Bochs back too..Dangit!

Dana

Quote Originally Posted by MistressMerr View Post
    Maybe she's undergoing a Marrina-esque revamp and so gets a day to herself? All the ones in this bunch were very much the classic looks (although I loved the little touch of the scars on Mac, it just makes sense). We haven't seen Shaman yet, either.
    For me...The battle scars don't make much sense, especially since Mac is freshly resurrected.

Dana

Not to mention his force field. He wouldn't be going into battle without his suit. But FVL did mention "some time" has passed since the resurrection. Maybe Jimmy was a little busy. Or maybe it is just hockey scars!

I'd still love to see Mac somehow have the power and the suit be just a costume. Maybe it's all my years of reading Spider-Man, but I love seeing the hero with a half ripped mask looking pissed ready for round two. That can't happen with the Guardian suit.

Question: I didn't read the rest of Chaos War, but the did the Gods that died get resurrected? Are Snowbirds parents still dead? If so, does she inherit some sort of Northern Goddess Throne?

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

I believe the dead characters got better.

- Le Messor
    "I shut my eyes in order to see."
    ~ Paul Gauguin

If the "escape from the realm of the dead" is the explanation, then I demand to see Diamond Lil and Bochs back too..Dangit!

Dana
    Who says you won't?
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

The changes in Marrina make perfect sense to me also, at least with an innder darknessreflection of everything the character has been through.
    I don't know if I like the sex appeal touches. Having twice been slain by your husband might make you NOT want to be attracting sexually. Dark, edgy and outwardly off-putting make sense for the character's history, but sexual appeakl does not. I think they could have kept the goth look without tatoos, and without piercings that might reduce her streamlined swiommer's appearance.
    I also don't like the tattoos. He skin can withstand the ocean depths, so I would think the inking process might have been more complicated than inking a normal human.
    The collar, the leg fins, the seaweed clothes that all can reflect her mood.... Seems they're remembering that Marrina is a metamorph. My guess is that those aren't clothes at all.
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.

Uh...I thought Gary Cody was dead...Brain dead? His mind erased by Bedlam (then again, they did say they weren't really touching on what came after Byrne).

Dana
    Cody must be the "Alpha ally" who brands them traitors
    www.kozzi.us

recent publications in M-Brane Science Fiction and the anthology Things We Are Not.
    Forthcoming stories in Breath and Shadow, Star Dreck anthology and The Aether Age: Helios.

~I woke up one morning finally seeing the world through a rose colored lense. It turned out to be a blood hemorrhage in my good eye.