Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Has Anyone Seen This Pic Before?

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Railway car?

A tree?
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

I don't know, a Volvo? Really? Big, grey, with a trunk sounds more like an elephant, or a Senator.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Images

I thought senators were blue?

They've got purple bits as well.

Or is that a Sentinel?

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    They've got purple bits as well.

Or is that a Sentinel?
    Not an expert on giant robots, but would the Master Mold actually give them bits, purple or otherwise. Surely as he could produced Sentinels from his belly, the need for 'bits' would be moot. As I said though, not actually an expert...
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs View Post
    Not an expert on giant robots, but would the Master Mold actually give them bits, purple or otherwise. Surely as he could produced Sentinels from his belly, the need for 'bits' would be moot. As I said though, not actually an expert...
    I think you know too much already.

That Mignola Alpha Flight print is posted here http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryP...9192&GSub=8249

I bought one of the 11x17 prints from ebay back around 1999. I always wondered if that was going to be the cover of the Alpha Flight graphic novel that Bill Mantlo and Mike Mignola were planning. I could have sworn Mantlo was going to do the whole Alpha Flight, Marrina, Sub-Mariner, Avengers story in a graphic novel but they ended up telling the story in the pages of Alpha Flight instead. Maybe someone else on this forum knows?

The below quotes I found at Jason Shayer's website shed some interesting light on Mike Mignola's experience on Alpha Flight and the graphic novel.

Mignola: I didn’t want to do Alpha Flight at all. I think I said ‘no’ three or four times, but Bill talked me into it. I did three issues and hated almost every second of it.
    I wasn’t cut out to do superheroes. For a while there, I jauted hated to get out of bed in the morning. It was really awful.

Apparently while he did quit the title after drawing a handful of issues, Mignola had planned a Sub-Mariner graphic novel with Mantlo, but it never went beyond the planning stages.

Mignola: We were working on some ideas – a Sub-Mariner graphic novel (that turned into an Alpha Flight graphic novel) based on a story idea of mine. Editor Carl Potts turned that into a Death of the Sub-Mariner graphical novel so that, of course, didn’t get done.
    http://marvel1980s.blogspot.com/2010...ha-flight.html

And the Alpha Flight 16 unpublished cover is featured on there today

http://marvel1980s.blogspot.com/2012...hed-cover.html

Love his website of 80's stuff.
    Last edited by Chris; 03-29-2012 at 07:46 PM.