Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Happy Alpha fan!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 23

Thread: Happy Alpha fan!!

  1. #1

    Default Happy Alpha fan!!

    Hey,

    I just upgraded my copies of UXM 109, 120, 121, 139 and 140. They are all 8.0 or better. Got them for a good price. They look awesome!

    Anybody else have nice copies of those issues?

  2. #2
    I'm a RealWyldeChild Alpha Flight
    Flightpath07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Vernon, BC
    Posts
    3,918

    Default

    Sweet. The answer: Not me.
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

    My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

    Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

    FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

    Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath07 View Post
    Sweet. The answer: Not me.

    That sucks! If you can find them cheap get them!! Well worth for an Alpha Fanatic!

  4. #4
    Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Le Messor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Canberra, Australia
    Posts
    6,681

    Default

    I'm not even sure I have them all (originals), but at least one of them (#109, methinks), is in really sucky condition.

    So, congrats!

    - Le Messor
    "I marvel at the strength of human weakness."

  5. #5
    Alphamaniac Alpha Flight
    cmdrkoenig67's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    State O' Maine
    Posts
    2,581

    Default

    Very nice! Go you!

    Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

  6. #6
    Administrator Department H
    DelBubs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    London
    Posts
    3,650

    Default

    My #109 is in reasonable conditionMy 139-140 are about a 8, but I am most happy with my 120-121, took me years to get and they are excellent condition. Paid a pretty price for them, but well worth it.
    Del

    Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

  7. #7

    Default

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3283..JPG 
Views:	31 
Size:	1.75 MB 
ID:	847Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3287..JPG 
Views:	36 
Size:	1.02 MB 
ID:	848Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3286..JPG 
Views:	35 
Size:	1.89 MB 
ID:	849Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3276..JPG 
Views:	31 
Size:	1.85 MB 
ID:	850Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3285..JPG 
Views:	30 
Size:	1.70 MB 
ID:	851


    Slight glare....but if I can't nerd out and brag about my AF issues here....where can I?

  8. #8
    Administrator Department H
    rplass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    USS Enterprise
    Posts
    2,788

    Default

    What a beautiful sight! Thanks for posting those high resolution images and for 'nerding out' with us. Have any more AF goodies? Crack open that silly CGC plastic case though. Looks like that #140 could be graded higher than an 8.0, can't really tell but it looks sweet!!!

    I was lucky enough to pick up amazing copies of all of those many years ago when I was a kid (it was MUCH easier to find high grade copies 27 years ago), and they survived nearly untouched for all this time, except for when I do periodic bag/board changeouts. I bought other lesser copies to read so I don't ever have to handle my good ones. I've been to hundreds of comic shops, collectible shows and comic conventions big and small up and down the East Coast for 3 decades and I've never seen better copies for sale than what I already have.

    Did you also pick up issue #138? small AF cameo in that one too

    Love,
    rplass
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

    http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rplass View Post
    What a beautiful sight! Thanks for posting those high resolution images and for 'nerding out' with us. Have any more AF goodies? Crack open that silly CGC plastic case though. Looks like that #140 could be graded higher than an 8.0, can't really tell but it looks sweet!!!

    I was lucky enough to pick up amazing copies of all of those many years ago when I was a kid (it was MUCH easier to find high grade copies 27 years ago), and they survived nearly untouched for all this time, except for when I do periodic bag/board changeouts. I bought other lesser copies to read so I don't ever have to handle my good ones. I've been to hundreds of comic shops, collectible shows and comic conventions big and small up and down the East Coast for 3 decades and I've never seen better copies for sale than what I already have.

    Did you also pick up issue #138? small AF cameo in that one too

    Love,
    rplass
    Wow...that is awesome!! I think some of mine are higher than 8.0 but I was being conservative....lol

    I have issue 138. I forgot there was an Alpha Flight Cameo in it.

    Don't the CGC plastic cases offer better protection?

    As for other Alpha stuff....well I have every appearance of every member of the group ever published (in marvel continuity...not counting what if and stuff).

    How about you?

  10. #10
    Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Le Messor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Canberra, Australia
    Posts
    6,681

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hankpym View Post
    Slight glare....but if I can't nerd out and brag about my AF issues here....where can I?
    Over there

    Congrats, those are some great issues!

    - Le Messor
    "I may be slow, but I’m ahead of you!"
    ~ Bumper Sticker

  11. #11
    I'm a RealWyldeChild Alpha Flight
    Flightpath07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Vernon, BC
    Posts
    3,918

    Default

    What a second here!If he posts them over here

    then he'll be posting them on my apartment wall!
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

    My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

    Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

    FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

    Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

  12. #12
    Administrator Department H
    Phil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    England, UK
    Posts
    9,034

    Default

    My copies were originally about a 7 I'd say, although #120 is the UK price version, but they're signed to me personally by Claremont so to me that's worth more than having a mint copy.
    Plus I like the smell.

  13. #13
    Administrator Department H
    rplass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    USS Enterprise
    Posts
    2,788

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hankpym View Post
    As for other Alpha stuff....well I have every appearance of every member of the group ever published (in marvel continuity...not counting what if and stuff).

    How about you?
    Oh, I have a fairly big collection. I'll take time to thank the fans here who have helped out with finding more appearances!!!
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

    http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

  14. #14
    Administrator Department H
    Phil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    England, UK
    Posts
    9,034

    Default

    Rob's being modest.

    I'm certain he has the fullest AF collection of anyone ever.
    Check out his great site for proof.

  15. #15
    Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Le Messor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Canberra, Australia
    Posts
    6,681

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath07 View Post
    What a second here!If he posts them over here
    then he'll be posting them on my apartment wall!
    Then you'll have really good copies of AF's first appearances on your wall.
    That's a problem for you because...?

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    I'm certain he has the fullest AF collection of anyone ever.
    Today's episode brought to you by the letters N.V.

    - Le Messor
    "I miss Ferris-Matthew. I find Broadway-Matthew cold."
    ~ Andrew

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •