Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Article: SUPPORT ALPHA FLIGHT NOW - PREORDER

Thread Update:

Yesterday saw the April/June Previews catalog go on sale, which means pre-orders for #1 are now open sales-wise.

If you haven't already added the whole series to your pull list with your LCS and are ordering the issues individually now's the time to order #1.

(If you've already opted to have the whole series added then your retailer will have increased their stock level by one and your purchase will count towards sales; there's no need to order again.)

No, there is always a need to re-order, Phil. As good as pre-ordering is, combining it with re-ordering means even more sales!
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

re-preorder?
    r-e-o-r-d-e-r, find out what it means to her!

Ala 2 posts ago;

Thread updated for #2 details and new members to the site who haven't yet pre-ordered.

#0.1 is due May 18th so if you're sitting on the fence you can pre-order #2 (and the rest of the series) the same day, after you've flicked through!

According to Diamond the Alpha Flight Poster should be in stores today.

Will we be able to get the information on how the pre-orders did? (And whether or not it was good compared to other series going on?)

well my brothers doing it for me hes gonna preorder all eight of the maxi at the store he goes to since i dont have one near were i live
    Fan of Wolverine X-Men and Alpha Flight

I've been talking to a few retailers today about how well received #0.1 was and a lot of them had positive comments and said that they'd sold out and were trying to get more.
    Whether this means they didn't order many to start with, I can't say.
    Hopefully it'll be a good sign.

Sales figures should be out in the next few weeks.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    I've been talking to a few retailers today about how well received #0.1 was and a lot of them had positive comments and said that they'd sold out and were trying to get more.
    The comic shop which had missed out on all their copies told me a lot of people were asking after it.

- Le Messor
    "I have noticed hat the people who are late are often so much jollier than the people who have to wait for them."
    ~ E.V. Lucas

The store I got my two copies from said it was their largest pre-order in many recent years!

Here in Manila, the comic sold out at three stores I went to. Same thing, they ran out and a lot of people were asking for it so they are planning to order more.

It's a positive sign, but it could just mean they didn't order many in the first place.

Sales figures should be out in about 2 weeks.

I believe my LCS has already ordered a second batch of 0.1

I went to the local Newbury Comics at noon on the day that it came out and they were already sold out. They did tell me though that their records show that most stores only ordered 2-6 copies. I figure that they are probably talking about Newbury Comics specifically - but did say that they were going to order more. Same story - they were surprised how many people were interested.
    In the meantime, I pre-ordered #1 & 2.

Ahab, that's great news!
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com