Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Wishlist for the new Alpha Flight maxi...

Default Wishlist for the new Alpha Flight maxi...

Taking a cue from Alpha Fan over in the main thread, my hoped-fors in the new series...

• Jeanne-Marie and Sasquatch do not hook up again. Friendship? Sure. Romance...not so much. It's been a long time, and I'd like to see more comic-book couples allowed to move on instead of held thrall to nostalgia. (I'm looking at you, Whedon!)
    • Jean-Paul’s sexuality not used as a punchline.
    • Some self-confidence for Heather, please — she lead the team far longer than Mac did, and the indications that she’s the one trying to get out from under his shadow are worrisome.
    • A name for the Hudson baby.
    • A last name for Kyle.
    • On-panel kiss for Jean-Paul and Kyle.
    • Marrina given more personality than "crazy Plodex lady".
    • Jeanne-Marie’s mental illness not used as a super-power.
    • Some differentiation between the twins’ powers — I’m OK with JP as the speedster, JM as the light-bringer, even if it means getting the canary bathing suit back into play.
    • Reunion between Michael and Elizabeth, dammit!
    • No calling either of the Twoyoungmen’s “Sarcee”.
    Last edited by suzene; 03-05-2011 at 04:47 PM.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by suzene View Post
    [*]Jeanne-Marie’s mental illness not used as a super-power.
    I'd just like to see her go back to her original, much-better-than-now-written split personality than the 'whatever we feel like' one of today.

- Le Messor
    "I just think it's rather odd that a nation that prides itself on its virility should feel compelled to strap on forty pounds of protective gear just in order to play rugby."
    ~ Giles

Out of everything you've listed, I have a sneaking suspicion we'll see these:

Quote Originally Posted by suzene View Post

• Some self-confidence for Heather, please — she lead the team far longer than Mac did, and the indications that she’s the one trying to get out from under his shadow are worrisome.
    • A name for the Hudson baby.
    • A last name for Kyle.
    • On-panel kiss for Jean-Paul and Kyle.

I'd like to see:

• Shaman confident in his powers/abilities.
    • Sasquatch back to his original, immense strength level.
    • Actual teamwork in battle.
    • Definitely, a name for the baby.
    • Mac confident in his leadership abilities by the end of the story with the others accepting him in that role.
    • Just one personality for Aurora, the MPD has been done to death now.
    • Marrina learning how she died at Namor's hands, with it followed up on in the ongoing.
    • The team shown as competent heroes.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Legerd View Post
    [*]Marrina learning how she died at Namor's hands, with it followed up on in the ongoing.
    Don't know why, but that one amuses me. I like it!

- Le Messor
    "I knew I was going to take the wrong train, so I left early."
    ~ Yogi Berra (attrib)

Here is the scene I want to see...

Superpowered Dude: "Welcome to the True North Detective Agency. I'm Strong, and this is my associate, Free. How can we help you?"

Northstar: "You've got to be kidding me..."

Superpowered Dude: "Nope, not kidding. And, before you ask, Far and Wide are on days off."

[ note: if you don't know the Canadian National Anthem, this may not make any sense...]
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
    Don't know why, but that one amuses me. I like it!

- Le Messor
    "I knew I was going to take the wrong train, so I left early."
    ~ Yogi Berra (attrib)
    You gotta know she'd wonder what's going on with her hubby, eh? Then there'd be the awkward silence, followed by a mumbled explanation, followed by her scream of rage and ending with her either heading to Utopia to kick his fins or to a lawyer to file for divorce. I wonder how much half of Atlantis would be worth?

Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath07 View Post
    Here is the scene I want to see...

Superpowered Dude: "Welcome to the True North Detective Agency. I'm Strong, and this is my associate, Free. How can we help you?"

Northstar: "You've got to be kidding me..."

Superpowered Dude: "Nope, not kidding. And, before you ask, Far and Wide are on days off."

[ note: if you don't know the Canadian National Anthem, this may not make any sense...]
    Hell man, that's a great idea! Screw waiting to see that in an AF comic, write it yourself as an Indie. You could probably get some cash from the gov't even to get it off the ground.

Hell man, that's a great idea! Screw waiting to see that in an AF comic, write it yourself as an Indie. You could probably get some cash from the gov't even to get it off the ground.
    Thanx!

One of my beter ideas, actually. But I have no interest in writing it...I'd pay to see it written, tho.
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

FVL on Formspring:
    Will you be giving Marrina and Namor some panel time to address their relationship? asked by Rheged
    @DaleEaglesham's Marrina redesign will knock your socks off. It will seal her as the breakout fan favorite character of 2011. You heard it here first.

But to answer your question: Maybe, but not initially. I think Marrina has never been given much of a chance to be her own character, outside of the male influences in her life -- Namor and The Master, specifically. We want to have her stand on her own two feet as a hero in her own right before we start saddling her with relationships, or revisiting those that defined her in the past, and, in my humble opinion, forced her into a secondary position.

Intriguing. Thanx for posting that, Phil.

Images

Yes, I like that idea. Make her herself first. Tertiary adjunct of Namor second.

- Le Messor
    William: I know I'm a bad poet but I'm a good man and all I ask is that... that you try to see me...
    Cecily: I do see you. That's the problem. You're nothing to me, William. You're beneath me.

I want to see Mac become a great leader....really explore his potential.

I want Aurora to be cured and some clarification on her powers. Time to move on.

I want the best AF read since Byrne.

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Default Ditto...especially the last line

Quote Originally Posted by Legerd View Post
    I'd like to see:

• Shaman confident in his powers/abilities.
    • Sasquatch back to his original, immense strength level.
    • Actual teamwork in battle.
    • Definitely, a name for the baby.
    • Mac confident in his leadership abilities by the end of the story with the others accepting him in that role.
    • Just one personality for Aurora, the MPD has been done to death now.
    • Marrina learning how she died at Namor's hands, with it followed up on in the ongoing.
    • The team shown as competent heroes.
    Plus Elizabeth and Judd.

No pressure,eh?

Looking forward to May...and beyond.[-o<
    Last edited by Garry/Al-Fan; 03-07-2011 at 09:58 PM. Reason: More specific "Puck"

My hope, with so many of the 'smart' characters being shown to be smart and heroes (Hulk, FF, Stark) is that Guardian and even Sasquatch, who are brilliant in their own rights, are shown as such. Heroes and brains.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

I'd like Guardian, Vindicator, and Shaman meet up with Weapon Omega and discuss his first visit through Canada.