Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: AF Appearance Chronology

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Well, I'll need Bill Waterson's permission first...

*facepalm*
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Images

I've just moved Contest of Champions before Uncanny #139-140 / Machine Man #18, because UX140 was where the team was split up, and they seem to still be together in CoC. Also, I wanted them to have at least one roughly successful adventure before their split-up.

As both Kitty and Cyclops are in the team and Jean isn't X-Men chronology put's it after UXM 161 and just before Hulk 277-9.
    However, as you say the team are clearly together and Wolverine calls Mac Vindicator so it's always been a tricky one to place.

Images

Gah! Just to complicate matters!

I hadn't even considered what the X-Men's side of things was.

I think I'll keep my new order, though. Partly because it is so difficult already, partly because I prefer to go by Alpha Flight alone (though we could put it after #1 - but where did they get the plane, then?), partly because I don't like to get rid of my CDs and my Best of New Order isn't a bad one.

This all confused me. lol.
    “God made only one of each of us. It's up to us to make the most of our individuality.” Kevin Max

Images

Lol! It would... As the thread should demonstrate, it's confusing to all of us!

I wouldn't worry about it yet, though. You'll have to fill in all your gaps before it's even a problem for you.

~ Le Messor
    "Can't act. Can't sing. Slightly bald. Can dance a little."
    ~ A film company's verdict on Fred Astaire's 1928 screen test

Images

I just found this, just to complicate matters further:
    http://cmro.travis-starnes.com/groups.php?group_name=77

I don't agree with his orderings, though (#1 takes place right before #2 in his version, though it's been stated to be several months earlier).

That's a reading order, not a character chronology. What reading order would you suggest if you don't want to read #1 then #2?
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

Images

It looked like an attempt at a chronological reading order.

Suggestion:
    Alpha Flight #1
    Marvel Two-In-One #83 - 84 - Thing needs Walt's help as a biochemist, fights Sas; then they get together with the team (minus Puck and Marrina, who hadn't been invented yet) to fight proto-Great Beast Ranark
    Incredible Hulk #279 - Big crowd scene; Hulk gets accepted by the world, and AF is there. They make a mini-speech
    Marvel Two-In-One ann 7 - The Champion takes on all the strong guys, including Sas who has a decent-sized role
    Rom Spaceknight #56 - 58 - AF help Rom fight Wraiths in Canada. The final issue is one of those where they're still around to follow up the previous ones, but don't really have a role. Byrne covers on 56 and 57.
    Alpha Flight #2

Some of those are on the new list before #1.

Images

Garry PM'd me a while ago to let me know I made a mistake on the first page: it's Madame Menace, not Madame Masque who they fight in Machine Man #18. I haven't been able to edit the post, but thought I'd post this at a completely random moment.

Just came across "Wolverine Season 1" from a few years back. Do we consider it canon? There definitely are bits of it that can be dropped into the timeline without disrupting too too much.