Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: new maxi series................alpha flight!!!!

[QUOTE=Le Messor;77318]Sorry, I was looking at the other picture, not the Chaos Wars cover. Those lines are pretty obvious, and I'd be pretty dumb to miss them. I blame the fact I'm keeping my eyes crossed for this new series.

That's better than saying you were looking at his other cheeks.

DIGGER

Bendis strikes again on his Twitter account...

sorry to announce the new alpha flight already died off panel in new avengers. it happened in between the gamefly and and the back cover

Seriously, he said it.
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Default This is crazy

Like some others, I didn't visit for a while and came back to this. This is awesome!
    I guess I will be the one to bring up the elephant in the room though. They are finally testing the theory that has been bandied around so much - that the fans want the original Alpha Flight, not imposters, and that is what will sell. I certainly hope so. If this doesn't sell, I doubt Marvel will bother with Alpha Flight again for a LONG time, if ever.
    Souds exciting though - looking forward to it! May can't come soon enough...

Quote Originally Posted by Ahab View Post
    They are finally testing the theory that has been bandied around so much - that the fans want the original Alpha Flight, not imposters
    It only took them three relaunches in twenty years.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahab View Post
    Like some others, I didn't visit for a while and came back to this. This is awesome!
    I guess I will be the one to bring up the elephant in the room though. They are finally testing the theory that has been bandied around so much - that the fans want the original Alpha Flight, not imposters, and that is what will sell. I certainly hope so. If this doesn't sell, I doubt Marvel will bother with Alpha Flight again for a LONG time, if ever.
    Souds exciting though - looking forward to it! May can't come soon enough...
    So do your part and buy more than 1 copy! Buy at least 2! And if you have a friend, get it for them too!

Remember, if you're buying multiple copies, be sure to tell your comic shop beforehand so they order more. Those are the numbers that count!

I think I actually teared up a little there. I love Aurora's yellow costume and hair, so I wouldn't really mind if she went back to it. Marrina is looking very bestial, so I'm willing to bet that they will be exploring her rage, a hint of which was shown in the Chaos War oneshot.

So excited!!!
    Now Showing "Return from LurkWorld 3:Can I Have A Life Please?"

They said in the interview that one or two of the team may be on the fascists' side. Who, now, could be the ones they want to be the 'spies'? After all, the new god of Chaos/Fear isn't playing favorites.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if those quibbles were caused by CBR paraphrasing Pak's actual answers.
    Those are all very good points! You're probably right.

Quote Originally Posted by Tawmis View Post
    As for the lack of war paint; that's easily explained. War paint is for war. Chaos War. Now it's just an Alpha Flight series; no more war.
    Not sure it needs explaining... As others have said, it's a cover-only thing (I only questioned it because I'd looked at a different cover, and was asking what paint we were talking about).

Quote Originally Posted by Tawmis View Post
    I think it will focus on the original team. But I can almost be assured that Talisman will at least APPEAR
    Some part of me keeps expecting stuff like this because I keep forgetting it's limited.
    Has unbridled optimism overtakien memory?

Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath07 View Post
    Nobody has commented on Puck yet.
    Well, he's lord of Hell now, which makes him the devil. The devil is red. Therefore, he's a red dwarf.
    That means he's in stasis for 3,000,000 years and will wake up as the last human surrounded by a hologram and a cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Bendis
    sorry to announce the new alpha flight already died off panel in new avengers. it happened in between the gamefly and and the back cover
    Too soon, man, too soon! Not. Funny.

- Le Messor
    "I have flabby thighs, but fortunately my stomach covers them."

Images

Quote Originally Posted by MistressMerr View Post
    Ha, I totally buggered out of here for a while because the ridiculous negativity was driving me crazy...
    I'm truly sorry to hear that, especially since I'm one of the worst offenders.
    Din't mean to drive other fans away.

That said, I stand by what I said before: "Hello."

- Le Messor
    "I have gotten that dreaded furniture disease. That's when your chest is falling into your drawers!"

Too soon, man, too soon! Not. Funny.
    Even if it wasn't too soon, I still have two points to make about this;

1) Not ever, not if your name is Bendis.

2) FVL needs to tell him to shut his trap. How dare he ridicule the book that FVL is writing, before it even hits the stands? If you can't say something positive (and when it comes to Alpha, Bendis has proven that he cannot), then say nothing. And because this particular negative vibe is coming from Bendis, see #1 again.
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath07 View Post
    1) Not ever, not if your name is Bendis.
    By 'too soon', I meant 'while I still draw breath'... and given the evidence that I'm immortal...

Bendis doesn't like Alpha Flight, so I'd expect this sort of snark from him. If he gets the chance, he'll probably kill them off again.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Thanks to whoever deleted my other post on Bendis.

Flightpath07, you make a good point- who the hell cracks on another writer's book like that? Low class.

Bendis really came out on the wrong side here: no one is gushing over how amazing and exciting it was that he killed AF in New Avengers #16. No one praised him for a clever and well-written sequence of panels with thoughtful and realistic dialogue. No one looks back and cherishes that issue as a favorite moment in comic fandom.

Meanwile, everyone since the Jiminez variant cover, and especially for McCANn's Chaos War:Alpha Flight one shot, and now the new maxi series, everone has praise and good things to say about FVL, Pak and Eaglesham. The buzz and excitement is so positive and the future looks bright for the 1st issue.

He really needs to apologize to the creative team of the new book, the fans need to marginalize him for this abominable behaviorand his legacy as a "writer" speaks for itself - disdain and deserved acrimony follows one guy while cheers, smiley faces and hope follow others.
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

Images

Quote Originally Posted by DIGGER View Post
    That's better than saying you were looking at his other cheeks.
    Well, I do believe in turning the other cheek!

Quote Originally Posted by rplass View Post
    Flightpath07, you make a good point- who the hell cracks on another writer's book like that? Low class.
    Not to mention that us fans are still reeling from his actions.

Quote Originally Posted by rplass View Post
    disdain and deserved acrimony follows one guy while cheers, smiley faces and hope follow others.
    And something I'll just call 'the thing' follows me... but that's another story.

- Le Messor
    "I have never let my schooling interfere with my education."