Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: new maxi series................alpha flight!!!!

Look at Shaman's cheeks...he has three red lines on both sides

Last edited by -K-M-; 02-16-2011 at 06:25 PM.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    The key quote for me, over on the newsarama link
    The key quote for me, as indicated above, is in both links:
    "Alpha Flight".

Quote Originally Posted by Van Lente
    I'm the world's biggest Alpha Flight nerd.
    Hey! There are a few of us here who would love to take that challenge! Phil, Rplass, me, Hank Pym?...
    (and that's just going by number of appearances we own...)

- Le Messor
    "I have a memory like a hawk."
    ~ overheard in a store

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by -K-M- View Post
    Look at Shaman's checks...he has three red lines on both sides
    Sorry, I was looking at the other picture, not the Chaos Wars cover. Those lines are pretty obvious, and I'd be pretty dumb to miss them. I blame the fact I'm keeping my eyes crossed for this new series.

- Le Messor
    Calvin: I have a question.
    Dad: Sure Calvin. What do you want to know?
    Calvin: If you plugged up your nose and mouth right before you sneezed, would the sneeze go out your eyes, or would your head explode?
    Dad: I was kind of hoping you had a math problem or something.
    Calvin: ... Either way I'm scared to try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
    IThese are quibbles, but it causes a slight worry in that it shows a lack of knowledge of their history, which could bite them later.
    Byrne has never relaunched Alpha Flight, and they have worked together on the page before - at least, the team as it'll appear in this book has (#s 3-5).
    I wouldn't be surprised if those quibbles were caused by CBR paraphrasing Pak's actual answers.

As for the lack of war paint; that's easily explained. War paint is for war. Chaos War. Now it's just an Alpha Flight series; no more war.

I can't even remember if Shaman actually WORE the War Paint within the issues of Chaos War, or if it was just the cover, for that matter...?

The cover was by Salva Espin and the interior by Reilly Brown, so the cover doesn't represent the inside.

Lion-O's 2nd Cousin Alpha Flight

Well, Fred answered my question on Facebook about Talisman appearing and he gave me the old "wait and see" answer.

*looks up to the sky*

VAN LENTE!!!!!!!!!!!
    The world is NOT getting more Alpha Flight! Tweet me you twits! @DaVeO52

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
    The key quote for me, as indicated above, is in both links:
    "Alpha Flight".

Hey! There are a few of us here who would love to take that challenge! Phil, Rplass, me, Hank Pym?...
    (and that's just going by number of appearances we own...)

- Le Messor
    "I have a memory like a hawk."
    ~ overheard in a store
    Lol...yes...I take that challenge!!

Quote Originally Posted by DaVeO View Post
    Well, Fred answered my question on Facebook about Talisman appearing and he gave me the old "wait and see" answer.

*looks up to the sky*

VAN LENTE!!!!!!!!!!!
    I think it will focus on the original team. But I can almost be assured that Talisman will at least APPEAR - probably not any kind of big role - but she was a huge part of Shaman and everything that does with him. So I'd be VERY surprised if they didn't have at least SOME interaction with her.

Nobody has commented on Puck yet. If you read the various quotes about him, they say they ar having trouble geting to use him becuz he is being used elsewhere. They also say that he will be in the series. Amd they also say that the Alpha Flight team is the 8 people who were brought together in the one-shot. Yet, again, they say that it is Byrne's original team, all working together for the first time since their first appearance.

Sounds like Puck may appear, but not as a teammate. Perhaps his role in Hell sets him up for a (villain?) role in Fear Itself?
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath07 View Post
    Nobody has commented on Puck yet. If you read the various quotes about him, they say they ar having trouble geting to use him becuz he is being used elsewhere. They also say that he will be in the series. Amd they also say that the Alpha Flight team is the 8 people who were brought together in the one-shot. Yet, again, they say that it is Byrne's original team, all working together for the first time since their first appearance.

Sounds like Puck may appear, but not as a teammate. Perhaps his role in Hell sets him up for a (villain?) role in Fear Itself?
    Well Puck didn't come back in Chaos War, and he doesn't appear on the cover we see of the new series... so I fear we won't have Puck be on the team. And since they're going with a clean slate, I doubt they're going to bring Puck back in the series...

Quote Originally Posted by Tawmis View Post
    As for the lack of war paint; that's easily explained. War paint is for war. Chaos War. Now it's just an Alpha Flight series; no more war.

I can't even remember if Shaman actually WORE the War Paint within the issues of Chaos War, or if it was just the cover, for that matter...?
    Just the cover, never in the issue.

From my blog...

While FVL says they are having difficulty in getting Puck released to them for this series, Pak somewhat contradicted this by saying that if the readers buy it and read it expecting to see Puck, they might be quite happy. They heavily hint that Puck will appear in the series…but nowhere is he listed as a part of the Alpha Flight team…
    I think we can expect 'some' appearance by Puck in the maxi-series at least. Also, we should be looking for him elsewhere, as he is apparently being used elsewhere, and I tend to think that it is in the Fear Itself event.
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Default Old school storytelling + New school production values = A new day for Alpha Flight

Allllrighty then!

This means I actually have a reason to go to the comic store, again.

Rats!

(not as) Disgruntled, (not as) Frustrated, (old-school) Alphan; (former) Omegan candidate
    Last edited by Garry/Al-Fan; 02-19-2011 at 04:29 AM. Reason: updating signature (tentively)
    Once upon a time, they exploded from the pages of The X-Men. For a moment, they were "Canada's answer to The Avengers."

They were ALPHA FLIGHT....

...once upon a time.