Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: new maxi series................alpha flight!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by suzene View Post
    Was it ever mentioned one way or another whether or not Kara spent time in Neverland once Weapon X wrapped? (I know she was intended to die there, but don't know if she showed up on-page outside of that one scene where she was saved by a coloring error.) That experience would probably go a long way toward changing her world outlook...
    I believe somebody mentioned this before, but It wasn't a coloring error...Kara was never drawn in the series. The artist drew Sienna Blaze instead of Kara, as mutants were herded toward the death chambers. The writer later mentioned that Kara was meant to be in that crowd instead.

Dana
    Last edited by cmdrkoenig67; 04-20-2011 at 01:29 PM.
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

I'm guessing Kara was supposed to be on the X-Island up until recently, as the X-books have Greedily laid claim to nearly ever powered mutant on the planet. She appeared happy in the Holiday special.

Dana

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67 View Post
    I believe somebody mentioned this before, but It wasn't a coloring error...Kara was never drawn in the series. The artist drew Sienna Blaze instead of Kara, as mutants were herded toward the death chambers. The writer later mentioned that Kara was meant to be in that crowd instead.
    The way I heard it about where the ball got dropped art-wise was that the figure colored as Sienna Blaze was supposed to be Kara. Not that I'm complaining that the series didn't get to abuse more Alphans on-screen, mind.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

(I know she was intended to die there, but don't know if she showed up on-page outside of that one scene where she was saved by a coloring error.)
    What was the issue number again? (Just out of long-standing curiosity.)

She appeared happy in the Holiday special.
    The digital one mentioned before?

- Le Messor
    Manny: I want the weekend off. I want a life.
    Bernard: This is life! We suffer and slave and expire. That's it!
    Manny: We have needs! Fran wants to learn the piano, I want some time to myself, you want to go out with a girl...
    Bernard: Don't make me laugh... bitterly. Fran will fail, you'll toil your life away, and I'll die alone, upside down on the floor of a pub toilet.

The way I heard it about where the ball got dropped art-wise was that the figure colored as Sienna Blaze was supposed to be Kara. Not that I'm complaining that the series didn't get to abuse more Alphans on-screen, mind.
    No worries, but it is definitely Sienna Blaze who is depicted (colored correctly). IIRC There were discussions here about Kara not being shown at all, so technically some of us felt she wasn't dead (even though the creators stood by that for a while).

Dana
    Last edited by cmdrkoenig67; 04-20-2011 at 05:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
    What was the issue number again? (Just out of long-standing curiosity.)

The digital one mentioned before?

- Le Messor
    Manny: I want the weekend off. I want a life.
    Bernard: This is life! We suffer and slave and expire. That's it!
    Manny: We have needs! Fran wants to learn the piano, I want some time to myself, you want to go out with a girl...
    Bernard: Don't make me laugh... bitterly. Fran will fail, you'll toil your life away, and I'll die alone, upside down on the floor of a pub toilet.
    Yeah, the digital special...And I believe it was Weapon X #5(?), that Kara was supposedly put to death in.

Dana
    Last edited by cmdrkoenig67; 04-20-2011 at 05:12 PM.

Images

Yeah, the digital special...And I believe it was Weapon X #5(?), that Kara was supposedly put to death in.
    That early?
    I'll take a look at it. (I knew about the scene when I finally got Weapon X last year, but never found it.)

- Le Messor
    "I want you to get a message to Angel for me. Tell him I'm done waiting. I'm taking the fight to him. You got that? Need me to write it down for you?"
    ~ Buffy

Wasn't sure where to put this so I posted it here. Comments from Van Lente:

Quote from: Ahab on May 07, 2011, 07:21
    I saw in another post a comment about the mutants remaining in AF that still have their powers. Just wanted to mention that I think Flashback is still powered up and there hasn't been a mention of Goblyn or Laura Dean being depowered. I don't know if there is any interest in using any of these characters, but I was hoping that they may show at some point.

Marvel's stance tends to be the other way around -- if they didn't specifically say they returned their powers they probably lost them. Believe me, I know this from many long and bitter battles with Editorial, and have the scars to prove it.
    Quote from: Ahab on May 07, 2011, 07:21

Also, just to comment for comment's sake, it would be great if Hercules really got it wrong and accidentally brought back Diamond Lil, Wild Child, Smart Alec, Nemesis and/or Bochs.

Herc definitely brought back some folks that didn't fight in that final Chaos War battle...

Good questions, Ahab!

Just remembering that Van Lente hinted that Box would be seen (but not Jeffries, so possibly Bochs)...
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath07 View Post
    Just remembering that Van Lente hinted that Box would be seen (but not Jeffries, so possibly Bochs)...
    Or just the robot?

- Le Messor
    "I’d love to, but I have to fluff my shower cap."

Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath07 View Post
    Good questions, Ahab!

I would squee so hard if we got Roger back (and that is one Alphan where I really and truly would not mind having all non-Byrne continuity stricken from record).

If Gary Cody is back it could well mean Scramble & Bochs are back...

Images

Mmm... scrambled box...
    I just hope they don't come to life and attack me leading to the appearance of a Great Beast and time travel. Again.

*puts fingers in ears*
    LALALALALALALANOTIMETRAVELNOICANTHEARYOULALALALALA LALALA

Images

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Phone Booth..JPG 
Views:	64 
Size:	10.6 KB 
ID:	1047

Can't block your ears from a phone booth!