Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: new maxi series................alpha flight!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
    Not that we're drawing connections here.
    I like to think of it more as sculpting.

- Le Messor
    "I knew the dog was possessive about the car but I would not have asked her to drive it if I had thought there was any risk."
    ~ supposed actual response on an insurance form
    Us non artistic types prefer to join the dots. That way we have the illusion of art with non of the profficiency of the artist.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Yeah... let's stay away from public thoughts like that... just to be on the safe side...

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Yeah, we don't want to attack people here. Ideas, maybe, if they're bad - but not the people.

- LM
    "I knew they could pile it pretty high and pretty deep, but I never knew they could get it to talk."

Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Ive been out of the loop since I just had my baby girl. This is great to come back to the site and see this. FVL is great with Alpha. He might even rival Byrnes run

FVL is great with Alpha. He might even rival Byrnes run
    Most definitely, Mos_Def.

And welcome back.
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Default fvl interviews.

fred van lente is not shy about giving interviews or taking questions from fans which i love about him.

anyways, he did a interview and my tweet question was asked about the hudsons baby (pmoody28 listen at about the 17:20 mark

http://byodinsbeard.wordpress.com/20...ns-episode-11/

then i tweeted him about continuation of the numbering (more of a joke) and beta flight, to which he replied:

fredvanlente Fred Van Lente

See AF #0.1 for Beta.
    RT @pmoody28 Once #alphaflight becomes ongoing: continuation of numbering (131) and beta flight back! make it so!
    i dont think we could have asked for a better creative team with the ideas we have all been wishing for. if alpha flight fails this time it wont be from lack of effort.

i just pre-ordered 10 copies!!

Betans? :O

See, this is how I know Fred loves the title.

And again, thanks to Varo we have this lil titbit of info from FVL over on Dale Eaglesham's site
    hey guys, was just curious about a few characters involvement. any chance we see:

1) talisman?
    Likely.
    Last edited by Phil; 03-13-2011 at 03:18 PM.

Thanks for posting that Phil. So far everything about this maxi-series and the .1 issue is hitting all the right notes. The only thing now is for Marvel to promote it more as the company has been absent when it comes to pushing it. Not that the creative crew hasn't been out there doing interviews and posting on their websites, I just would hope folks like Brevoort would be shilling it in his Talk To The Hat column, and that they would post something about the .1 in the May solicits on the Marvel website. Still, very exciting.

Man, can't wait for May to roll around!

It's too bad there weren't more Byrne-created Alpha characters around for them to use. Unfortunately, Most of them have been killed off (Wild Child, Diamond Lil, Nemesis, Bochs/Box, Smart Alec, the Master, etc...), while some are stuck in X-Men (like Madison).

There's always Pink Pearl?

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Maybe they finally got around to digging up Radius
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Default Long-going series

If---if---the maxi-series becomes an ongoing series, I hope that the editors and writers and artists will be willing to say whether:

(1) the Eugene Judd with short bones who was nearly disembowled by Marrina is the same Eugene Judd who is tall and has a sorcerer living inside of him;

(2) the Elizabeth Twoyoungmen/Talisman who was told by her father that the Coronet of Enchantment could never be removed is the same Elizabeth Twoyoungmen/Talisman who had the Coronet taken away and worn by her (aged) father;

(3) the Michael Twoyoungmen who successfully operated on Eugene Judd [see # 1] and helped Aurora with her cracked ribs is the same Michael Twoyoungmen who (while wearing the Coronet of Enchantment)
    let Heather/Vindicator kill "Snowbird"

(4) the Aurora and Northstar who use logic and reasoning are the same Aurora and Northstar who couldn't figure out that any contact negates their powers made them a liability to the team, and in fact never mentioned it;

(5) the same team that confronted a demented Lionel Jeffries who had turned a hospital full of innocent patients, doctors, and nurses into monsters is the same team that would even consider for a second making the self-same Lionel Jeffries a member of the team (did I mention that Lionel supposedly "cured himself" and the only one to have witnessed this is his brother Madison Jeffries, whom Lionel had used his monster-making powers on)

It's probably obvious that I think it is a terrible idea to graft what could be a good run onto the "Mantlo Era" continuity.

Once upon a time, they exploded from the pages of The X-Men. For a moment, they were "Canada's answer to The Avengers."

They were ALPHA FLIGHT....

...once upon a time.