Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: new maxi series................alpha flight!!!!

Default new maxi series................alpha flight!!!!

i'll get details in a sec. coming out of "fear itself". looks like fvl and greg pak are involved. i'm about to faint....

holy crap!!!! artist: Dale Eaglesham. i guess they were bought back for a reason!!!!

Woah! CBR posted some art.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	alpha.jpg 
Views:	486 
Size:	297.6 KB 
ID:	835  

Some quotes from live chat

The Canadian government has branded Alpha Flight traitors as a result of events in Fear Itself
    "How do you know that my dimwitted inexperience isnt merely a subtle form of manipulation used to lower peoples expectations, enhancing my ability to effectively maneuver within any given situation."

More quotes

Fred just confirmed that Guardian and Vindicator will be in the book. *I* can confirm that Sasquatch, Shaman, Snowbird, Aurora and, yes, Northstar will all be involved.
    Old time fans will enjoy seeing things referenced, but you won't have had to read any past Alpha Flight books or Chaos War in order to pick it up.
    But as a result of Fear Itself, there is a change in government, and so Alpha Flight finds themselves as the country's "greatest traitors," and they must go on the run and figure out what is behind the government takeover.
    "How do you know that my dimwitted inexperience isnt merely a subtle form of manipulation used to lower peoples expectations, enhancing my ability to effectively maneuver within any given situation."

You may say I'm a dreamer...but I'm not the only one.

Venom: I want to bite their heads off and shove my tongue down their neck holes.
    Songbird: Why?
    Venom: So I can lick out their hearts.

And another good one

Fred: They're using the clean slate provided by Chaos War to do a ground-level reboot. They're not ignoring everything that's come before, but they're not going to be referring to a character's multiple resurrections or anything like that. They don't want to get bogged down in the continuity.

Ha, I totally buggered out of here for a while because the ridiculous negativity was driving me crazy, but this... what a thing to wake up to!

Maybe it's just a pipe dream, but I'm hoping Jimenez does all the covers. *__*

“Basically, if John Byrne didn’t come up with it, we’re throwing it out,” said Van Lente who noted that through no intentional malice, the team had been subjected to a lot of bad continuity over the years. “I wouldn’t say we’re ignoring everything that came later, but we’re not going to be referring to an individual character’s multiple resurrections over the years…this is one of those stories that wants to start with a clean slate,” Pak added.
    As for which characters will or won’t be appearing and how, the team heavily hinted that Puck will appear in the series, and asked whether Northstar would continue his role in the X-Men line, they said that elements from those stories will make it in – including Kyle, Northstar’s boyfriend from “Nation X” – but overall he will become a full-time Canadian again.
    Well, I'm sold.

Quote Originally Posted by MistressMerr View Post
    Ha, I totally buggered out of here for a while because the ridiculous negativity was driving me crazy, but this... what a thing to wake up to!

Maybe it's just a pipe dream, but I'm hoping Jimenez does all the covers. *__*
    The Multiversity interview indicates that's the case. I hope they make some of those into posters, because damn!

The key quote for me, over on the newsarama link

"I imagine, that if there is enough audience demand, there will be a ninth and subsequent issue," Van Lente said.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    Woah! CBR posted some art.
    I... just... died.

i absolutely love Dale Eaglesham's art from other series, and fvl is a long time fan. this is beyond the best possible news we can have.

Stars in my eeeeeeeeeyes. No words, they should have sent a poeeeeeet.

I haven't slept with yesterday, coherent comments are going to have to wait, I don't even care.