Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: new maxi series................alpha flight!!!!

Hybrid View

Default new maxi series................alpha flight!!!!

i'll get details in a sec. coming out of "fear itself". looks like fvl and greg pak are involved. i'm about to faint....

holy crap!!!! artist: Dale Eaglesham. i guess they were bought back for a reason!!!!

Woah! CBR posted some art.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	alpha.jpg 
Views:	486 
Size:	297.6 KB 
ID:	835  

More quotes

Fred just confirmed that Guardian and Vindicator will be in the book. *I* can confirm that Sasquatch, Shaman, Snowbird, Aurora and, yes, Northstar will all be involved.
    Old time fans will enjoy seeing things referenced, but you won't have had to read any past Alpha Flight books or Chaos War in order to pick it up.
    But as a result of Fear Itself, there is a change in government, and so Alpha Flight finds themselves as the country's "greatest traitors," and they must go on the run and figure out what is behind the government takeover.
    "How do you know that my dimwitted inexperience isnt merely a subtle form of manipulation used to lower peoples expectations, enhancing my ability to effectively maneuver within any given situation."

Quote Originally Posted by Adam View Post
    Woah! CBR posted some art.
    I... just... died.

Some quotes from live chat

The Canadian government has branded Alpha Flight traitors as a result of events in Fear Itself
    "How do you know that my dimwitted inexperience isnt merely a subtle form of manipulation used to lower peoples expectations, enhancing my ability to effectively maneuver within any given situation."

You may say I'm a dreamer...but I'm not the only one.

Venom: I want to bite their heads off and shove my tongue down their neck holes.
    Songbird: Why?
    Venom: So I can lick out their hearts.

“Basically, if John Byrne didn’t come up with it, we’re throwing it out,” said Van Lente who noted that through no intentional malice, the team had been subjected to a lot of bad continuity over the years. “I wouldn’t say we’re ignoring everything that came later, but we’re not going to be referring to an individual character’s multiple resurrections over the years…this is one of those stories that wants to start with a clean slate,” Pak added.
    As for which characters will or won’t be appearing and how, the team heavily hinted that Puck will appear in the series, and asked whether Northstar would continue his role in the X-Men line, they said that elements from those stories will make it in – including Kyle, Northstar’s boyfriend from “Nation X” – but overall he will become a full-time Canadian again.
    Well, I'm sold.

And another good one

Fred: They're using the clean slate provided by Chaos War to do a ground-level reboot. They're not ignoring everything that's come before, but they're not going to be referring to a character's multiple resurrections or anything like that. They don't want to get bogged down in the continuity.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    According to this article, everything that happened in the Chaos Wars has been undone (except for those dead folks who've been resurrected, they're still alive)....That means both Narya's godly family and the Great Beasts are alive again.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Ha, I totally buggered out of here for a while because the ridiculous negativity was driving me crazy, but this... what a thing to wake up to!

Maybe it's just a pipe dream, but I'm hoping Jimenez does all the covers. *__*

Quote Originally Posted by MistressMerr View Post
    Ha, I totally buggered out of here for a while because the ridiculous negativity was driving me crazy, but this... what a thing to wake up to!

Maybe it's just a pipe dream, but I'm hoping Jimenez does all the covers. *__*
    The Multiversity interview indicates that's the case. I hope they make some of those into posters, because damn!

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by MistressMerr View Post
    Ha, I totally buggered out of here for a while because the ridiculous negativity was driving me crazy...
    I'm truly sorry to hear that, especially since I'm one of the worst offenders.
    Din't mean to drive other fans away.

That said, I stand by what I said before: "Hello."

- Le Messor
    "I have gotten that dreaded furniture disease. That's when your chest is falling into your drawers!"

Too soon, man, too soon! Not. Funny.
    Even if it wasn't too soon, I still have two points to make about this;

1) Not ever, not if your name is Bendis.

2) FVL needs to tell him to shut his trap. How dare he ridicule the book that FVL is writing, before it even hits the stands? If you can't say something positive (and when it comes to Alpha, Bendis has proven that he cannot), then say nothing. And because this particular negative vibe is coming from Bendis, see #1 again.
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/