Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Chaos War #5 - Spoilers within

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath07 View Post
    Spoiler space below (in the image, that is).
    Dood!

I'd thought that was a spoiler for Chaos War #5, so I clicked on it! How could you?

- Le Messor
    "I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book."
    ~ Groucho Marx

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/chao...ld-110202.html

Where they mention Alpha Flight, though no real news.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

You're playing it down, yeah, no news but that's just about the most direct, all out best thing said about Alpha Flight by a Marvel creator in an interview that you could ever want to read. I'm thrilled by that little exchange and very happy about it!

Love,
    rplass
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

i would love to hear from jim mcann or reilly brown to see if there is anything in the works. it just seems weird that the one shot came out and never mentioned again...........................like it never happened. fred van lente has been talking about alpha flight more than those 2.

And someone else said, “Why don’t we bring back Alpha Flight?” “OK, great!”
    WHO said it, would be a big hint as to what may or may not be going on! Was it McCann? Was it Van Lente? Was it Stan Lee? Martha Stuart? Mickey Mouse?
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

WHO said it, would be a big hint as to what may or may not be going on! Was it McCann? Was it Van Lente? Was it Stan Lee? Martha Stuart? Mickey Mouse?
    No, Who is on first.

DIGGER

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

I waited a few days after reading CHAOS WAR # 5 before commenting. Hopefully, that helps, but I don't know because I'm just not that impressed with it. Sure, the letterer has a lot of fun, and the ending wraps up the storyline (which I did not follow; I'm just interested in the ALPHA FLIGHT part of it), but the bits & pieces of AF seem more of a throw-away than a concerted effort to raise them up. Which is totally unlike CW:AF, which does enhance AF's image.

For the few panels that they were in, would it have killed anybody to put a little more effort into making it look like a non-rushed, recognizable Alpha Flight?
    Once upon a time, they exploded from the pages of The X-Men. For a moment, they were "Canada's answer to The Avengers."

They were ALPHA FLIGHT....

...once upon a time.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Garry/Al-Fan View Post
    For the few panels that they were in, would it have killed anybody to put a little more effort into making it look like a non-rushed, recognizable Alpha Flight?

I don't know for sure, but the Alpha in there was in keeping with the art style of the book.
    Okay, I found this crossover to be fairly bland and whatever - definitely something that could've been told in Hercules rather than spread across 15 issues (according to the checklist), but, OTOH...
    It brought back Alpha Flight!!!
    Yay!

And, really, isn't that what mankind has dreamt of since you first looked up at the stars?

- Le Messor
    "I find that as I grow older that I love those most whom I loved first."
    ~ Thomas Jefferson
    Last edited by Le Messor; 02-04-2011 at 03:49 PM.

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

I'm glad Alpha Flight has returned and I think CW: AF brought them back with dignity and stlye and deftness unseen in many, many years. I was devasted when a solid (though underestimated) supergroup was transformed into gross mockeries of what they should have been. For awhile, I thought I would never see Alpha Flight treated with the respect it deserves.

But business-MARVEL wins out more often then goodstory-MARVEL, and that's where I am with CHAOS WAR# 5: specifically the group-shot of resurrected Alpha Flight is so generic, so indistinct, so...negligent that it's hard to believe that their surviving was little more than an afterthought.

BTW, how many Avenger books are there now? How many Darkest-Secret-Crisis-Civil-War-Days-of-Our-Deaths are in the works now?

Yay, Alpha's back.
    Once upon a time, they exploded from the pages of The X-Men. For a moment, they were "Canada's answer to The Avengers."

They were ALPHA FLIGHT....

...once upon a time.

I am thinking, pessimistically, that Marvel has no real plans for alpha flight. Unfortunately, i fear they revived them merely to stop us from pointing out how wrong they were to get rid of them in the first place; I don't think Marvel likes getting any bad (negative) press on the 'net...
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

I am thinking, pessimistically, that Marvel has no real plans for alpha flight. Unfortunately, i fear they revived them merely to stop us from pointing out how wrong they were to get rid of them in the first place; I don't think Marvel likes getting any bad (negative) press on the 'net...
    Oh, that doesn't stop me from pointing out the hack job done on AF in Avenger #16, and that I quit buying anything Marvel because of it. On the other hand, I will also mention how good Van Lente and McCann's writing have been when it comes to the team. So if Marvel wants to hear positive reviews (at least from me) they need to produce more good AF books with one of these writers.

OT: Shouldn't we be pestering them for a mini or something?

Images

I don't think Marvel likes getting any bad (negative) press on the 'net...
    Any publicity is good publicity!
    F'rex, I figured out recently that the only reason I know how people like Paris Hilton or Justin Bieber are is because of people who don't think they should be famous.
    I never hear from the people who like flash-in-the-pan celebrities, but with all the parodies and complaints out there, I learn far more about them than I care to.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Van Lente's Twitter View Post
    Beginning Official Work today on what is literally a Marvel Dream Project. 14yr old me is doing cartwheels. And probably thinking about sex.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred Van Lente's Twitter View Post
    Beginning Official Work today on what is literally a Marvel Dream Project. 14yr old me is doing cartwheels. And probably thinking about sex.
    Please let it be AF... Please let it be AF... [-o<
    Eww!
    ... oh, you meant the dream project...
    That would be cool.

- Le Messor
    "I generally avoid temptation unless I can’t resist it."
    Last edited by Le Messor; 02-05-2011 at 03:07 PM.

I have to disagree, FP...I believe what was said by Van Lente, Pak, McCann and Co.. That they talked about bringing the team back and they used the Chaos War to do it. I doubt us raving fans had much to do with it. Just as Bendis disliked Alpha Flight and so he used them as cannon-fodder (killed them off, as it were)...The guys that brought them back are big fans of the characters, I think it's as simple as that.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!