Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Article: Chaos War #5: The Fate Of Alpha Flight

I'm sure between everyone on here we buy all of Marvel's titles collectively, or at least skim through them enough to notice any guest appearances.
    Last edited by Phil; 02-03-2011 at 08:56 AM.

Wow...I'm stunned that Marvel actually brought them back.

technically, they dont have to work with the government directly now. Which early on in the Byrne series was the good thing about them, they showed how to work as a team, or try to, when not government sponsored (Avengers) living off tech patents (FF) or under school roof (X-Men)

True, technically they're registered dead so the governement wouldn't be able to force them to do a thing!

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    True, technically they're registered dead so the governement wouldn't be able to force them to do a thing!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Job..JPG 
Views:	219 
Size:	6.2 KB 
ID:	833

And I suppose legally they wouldn't be Canadian anymore either...

Nor would they be able to legally work. Hence, no money. Thus, starvation (off panel) and death...
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Okay, Now it's time for Marvel to mend fences with John Byrne and get him back on ALPHA FLIGHT! LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath07 View Post
    Nor would they be able to legally work. Hence, no money. Thus, starvation (off panel) and death...
    I've heard if you're dead, you shouldn't operate heavy machinery. Which would knock out a lot of jobs anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Duane V View Post
    Okay, Now it's time for Marvel to mend fences with John Byrne and get him back on ALPHA FLIGHT! LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT
    That would be sooooo cool!

- Le Messor
    "I just don't see why everyone's always picking on Marie-Antoinette. I can so relate to her. She worked really hard to look that good, and people just don't appreciate that kind of effort. And I know the peasants were all depressed... So they're like, 'Let's lose some heads.' Uh. That's fair. And Marie-Antoinette cared about them. She was gonna let them have cake."
    ~ Cordelia

I'd settle for a Byrne variant cover to #1.
    No way it'll happen though

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Stranger things have happened. From the infamous off-panel, "cannon-fodder" death, Marvel published one of the best Alpha Flight stories in the team's long history. John Byrne still writes and illustrates entertaining stories (Blood of the Demon, FX). I can't speak to the numbers, but entertaining stories should be a main concern for anybody interested in publishing comic books.
    Once upon a time, they exploded from the pages of The X-Men. For a moment, they were "Canada's answer to The Avengers."

They were ALPHA FLIGHT....

...once upon a time.

With all the bad blood between Marvel and JB/between JB and Marvel I doubt it'll happen.
    But as you say, stranger things have happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    With all the bad blood between Marvel and JB/between JB and Marvel I doubt it'll happen.
    But as you say, stranger things have happened.
    Could you tell me why there is bad blood between JB and Marvel?

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch17 View Post
    Tetanus?

I can't say why, but it definitely exists. OTOH, I think Byrne could be... persuaded... to work for them again. From my (good but a little limited) knowledge of him, all it'd take is the right motivation.

- Le Messor
    "It depends on whether they like you... and how big your... pocket book is."
    ~ Dex, Attack Of The Clones

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch17 View Post
    I'm basing it on hearsay and speculation chinese-whispered down the years, so I'm not going to put it here for fear of bringing this site into conflict with either party involved, but I'm pretty sure google can be your friend on this one.