Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wizard Magazine - No More.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
    Same is true of comics and music.
    Personally, I've bought several perfectly legit songs from iTunes - but I still track down the CDs. I've decided I don't like having just a computer file. Others don't.
    I hope comics and CDs and RPGs last a long time.
    Where do you typically get your CDs? Here in San Diego (which is a MAJOR city!) there's literally a handful of CD stores left, probably. Now it seems you can go to big book stores (Barnes & Noble) and get CDs (along with books and movies) - but even those book stores are suffering (because everything they offer is digital these days).

Quote Originally Posted by Legerd View Post
    Yes sir, that we is.
    Things may be dark now, but everything goes full circle. I mean vinyl is making a comeback now! Who'd a thunk?
    I think vinyl is only coming back if you're a DJ, or if you're a collector of vinyl (in which case it's not coming back, they're just still collecting it). I haven't seen a vinyl for sale anywhere in I don't know how many years now! There was a cool record shop many years ago, here in San Diego, called "Blue Meanie" - but they became extinct like every other record store out there, it seems.

Besides, some things don't come around. You tell me if you ever think something like cassettes will ever make a come back... or VHS!

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Tawmis View Post
    Where do you typically get your CDs? Here in San Diego (which is a MAJOR city!)
    You tell me if you ever think something like cassettes will ever make a come back... or VHS!
    Dude, I know, I've been to San Diego!

There's a specialty shop about 7ks from my house, in the mall where I do my weekly grocery shopping. It's run by a die-hard collector.
    They know me there.
    Also, Amazon and (if I'm really, really desperate), eBay.

I bought my latest cassette this year... but I thought it was a CD (disadvantage to Amazon).

- Le Messor
    "I have enough money to last me the rest of my life, unless I buy something."
    ~ Jackie Mason
    Last edited by Le Messor; 02-18-2011 at 10:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
    I bought my latest cassette this year... but I thought it was a CD (disadvantage to Amazon).
    LOL! I believe Amazon has a very nice return policy! LOL

Images

LOL! I believe Amazon has a very nice return policy! LOL
    My personal policy is, if it was clearly marked by the seller I have nobody else to blame. I put the music on my iPod, and will buy it on CD next time I have Amazon money.
    (Star Trek VI soundtrack for the record... CD... cassette. D'oh!)

Also and by the way, further to earlier questions, there's still a small CD chain store in my town (called San!ty, cue 'in San!ty' jokes), and a large chain that sells electronics stuffs, including lots of CDs.
    And K-Mart and Target, but I don't look there much (even if they have what I want, I'm unlikely to find it. Bad sorting. Bad!)

- Le Messor
    "I have hardly ever known a mathematician who was capable of reasoning."

I think vinyl is only coming back if you're a DJ, or if you're a collector of vinyl (in which case it's not coming back, they're just still collecting it). I haven't seen a vinyl for sale anywhere in I don't know how many years now! There was a cool record shop many years ago, here in San Diego, called "Blue Meanie" - but they became extinct like every other record store out there, it seems.

Besides, some things don't come around. You tell me if you ever think something like cassettes will ever make a come back... or VHS!
    Can't see cassettes or VHS returning, but there's a comeback happening with vinyl. At least near me. Turntables are back on sale, and there are record stores that are once again selling records! It's not like everyone is running out to buy them, but there is a nice niche market for people who were listening to music before CD's.

Images

Technology is cyclical.