O
    T

N
    E
    E
    D
    E
    D

Banner must hate it when Langkowski looks smarter than him...
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

The appearance is already bigger than #4!

(Well, not so much 'bigger' as 'more significant'.)

- Le Messor
    "I drank WHAT?"
    ~ Socrates

Well to be fair, the oneshot did say that Alpha's story would continue in #5 rather than #4.
    I'd imagine the page in #4 was just throwaway panels added to get rabid appearance collectors to add a few sales on.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Well to be fair, the oneshot did say that Alpha's story would continue in #5 rather than #4.
    I'd imagine the page in #4 was just throwaway panels added to get rabid appearance collectors to add a few sales on.
    True.

Hey, who you callin' rabid collector? Why, this foam in my mouth is just cream from a key lime pie! And trying to snap and bite at everybody around me, that's ghakrughdfsfgjfgh

So, with just over 24 hrs until the issue comes out, what are peoples thoughts on the 'dead' Alphans fates?

Will they be left alive or go back to their pre-CW state?

Images

It seems like a lot of trouble to go through to leave them dead.
    OTOH, didn't #s 90-100 do exactly that with Mac?

- Le Messor
    "My foot has a flat tyre."

I hope they stay among the living, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

In a kind of related segue...Wasn't there talk of bringing the original Captain Marvel back to life permanently? I know he appeared in Chaos War: Dead Avengers, but wasn't he shuffled off to the great unknown again? Why bring him back for a couple issues, then kill him, then bring him back again?..That seems a bit silly. Why not just use the Chaos War mini to bring him back for good?

It's too bad they don't have Shaman set up some sort of spell whammy that would help the Dead Alphans remain in the land of the living after the Chaos King is defeated. After all, didn't he gather them together and keep them that way in the Afterlife via a spell or something (mentioned I think in their one-shot).

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67 View Post
    In a kind of related segue...Wasn't there talk of bringing the original Captain Marvel back to life permanently? I know he appeared in Chaos War: Dead Avengers, but wasn't he shuffled off to the great unknown again? Why bring him back for a couple issues, then kill him, then bring him back again?..That seems a bit silly. Why not just use the Chaos War mini to bring him back for good?
    I think it's been mentioned over the years that they don't want to bring him back as his death was so well written and meaningful that they want to leave him.
    YET that's what they said about Bucky.
    YET they keep teasing at bringing him back, and having fake or Skrull versions come back etc etc which is just pretty pointless.

*shrugs*

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
    It seems like a lot of trouble to go through to leave them dead.
    OTOH, didn't #s 90-100 do exactly that with Mac?

- Le Messor
    "My foot has a flat tyre."
    Yeah...They foolishly brought him back and then "killed" him again.

Dana
    Last edited by cmdrkoenig67; 01-25-2011 at 11:40 AM. Reason: Edited a spelling error.

I think it's been mentioned over the years that they don't want to bring him back as his death was so well written and meaningful that they want to leave him.
    YET that's what they said about Bucky.
    YET they keep teasing at bringing him back, and having fake or Skrull versions come back etc etc which is just pretty pointless.

*shrugs*
    Right...The skrull thing was absolutely ridiculous....I don't recall, but it probably peeved a lot of Cap Marv fans off. This new "revival" and "death" won't go over well either, probably. Marvel seems to be making a habit of jerking fans around (whether it be fans of Captain Marvel, Alpha Flight, New Warriors, etc, etc...).

Dana

So, with just over 24 hrs until the issue comes out, what are peoples thoughts on the 'dead' Alphans fates?

Will they be left alive or go back to their pre-CW state?
    I've already gone on record as stating the team will remain alive after this story. They may end up back in appearance limbo, but they'll be around for guest shots. I'm still hoping someone does a mini with them to test the waters for a new series.

fred van lente has a big announcement tomorrow after the release of chaos war #5. we all know he's a huge alpha flight fan, and no way they had a one shot just to kill them off again.

*crosses fingers*

Images

Quote Originally Posted by varo View Post
    fred van lente has a big announcement tomorrow after the release of chaos war #5. we all know he's a huge alpha flight fan, and no way they had a one shot just to kill them off again.
    They can't kill them with one shot?

Wait a second... what does 'tomorrow' mean? Between the international dateline and the fact that today (January 26th) is Australia Day (and therefore a public holiday - you guys all celebrate that, right?), I'm not sure what day anybody actually means?

- Le Messor
    "Standing at the limits of an endless ocean,
    Stranded like a runaway lost at sea,
    Anyone can tell you it's a prisoner island,
    Hidden in the summer for a million years."
    - Icehouse, Great Southern Land

lol. tomorrow meaning weds january 26th here in the states. when new comics come out. and i meant i severely doubt they made the effort to bring them back in a one shot just to kill them off at the end of chaos war #5.