L
    E
    R

S
    P
    A
    C
    E

At one time, I believed Chris Clairemont the god send of all comic books... Then... I lost faith (when he did stories that introduce like the Neo Mutants or whatever)... I was sure, that he was a washed up writer that couldn't be salvaged.

He's writing Dead X-Men. And... I am surprised.

His writing of THUNDERBIRD is nothing short of awesome. I liked THUNDERBIRD back in the day - the whole three or four issues he was alive. I liked the idea of the character, and even the design of his costume. His demise as a hero only added to the coolness of it.

WARPATH coming a long later, wanting revenge against Charles Xavier gave birth to another, new and interesting version. I rapidly began to like Warpath as well. But over time, he seemed to melt away in the background of New Mutants... he resurfaced a bit in X-FORCE... then melted away again... recently began interesting again with his special knives, and it seemed they'd be doing much more with him... but again he fell to the background. (As far as I know... he might be in the new X-FORCE book or something that I refuse to collect...)

Back to DEAD X-MEN. Clairemont writers THUNDERBIRD as a strong character and a strong leader. Not only do we get THUNDERBIRD back, but those COCO sisters or whatever they're called (never cared for them), but BANSHEE returns as well as Moira McTaggart - which was very interesting - since this is the first time we see someone without super powers coming back (no super suit, no nothing, unlike say GUARDIAN). THUNDERBIRD is written so well - that in one single issue - he skyrocketed back up to one of my favorites. I am hoping to see Thunderbird, Banshee, and Moira return to the land of the living...

Sounds cool.
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath07 View Post
    Sounds cool.
    If you enjoyed THUNDERBIRD... I'd recommend it. It really spotlights on him for the first issue.

Yeah I liked it, and nice to see Banshee brought back as I was upset how they had Vulcan randomly kill him

Quote Originally Posted by -K-M- View Post
    Yeah I liked it, and nice to see Banshee brought back as I was upset how they had Vulcan randomly kill him
    I could go on for hours of my dislike of Vulcan... for a great MANY reasons...
    1. The RetCon of Giant Size X-Men
    2. "Stealing" Adam-X's origin that Fabian planned.
    3. Killing Corsair randomly, much like how he killed Banshee.

Banshee's always been one of my absolute favourite characters, so I've been looking forward to this for aaaaaages, and it didn't disappoint. Ridiculous Claremont-ian dialogue and his weird fetish for transforming characters' bodies and all.

Quote Originally Posted by MistressMerr View Post
    Banshee's always been one of my absolute favourite characters, so I've been looking forward to this for aaaaaages, and it didn't disappoint. Ridiculous Claremont-ian dialogue and his weird fetish for transforming characters' bodies and all.
    Yeah but his dialogue type is sort of his trademark... the over the top, somewhat corny comic book feel, which is what I think made it so enjoyable. You lost me on the weird fetish for transforming character's bodies?

Quote Originally Posted by Tawmis View Post
    Yeah but his dialogue type is sort of his trademark... the over the top, somewhat corny comic book feel, which is what I think made it so enjoyable. You lost me on the weird fetish for transforming character's bodies?
    He's always randomly messing with characters' bodies. Turning Psylocke Asian, turning Tom Corsi and Sharon Friedlander into native Americans, turning Storm into a kid, now Sophie's a crow monster, it's just a weird thing he does a lot. XD

ETA: Oh man, how could I forget the time he turned Rachel Grey into a dinosaur? Classic.

He's always randomly messing with characters' bodies. Turning Psylocke Asian, turning Tom Corsi and Sharon Friedlander into native Americans, turning Storm into a kid, now Sophie's a crow monster, it's just a weird thing he does a lot. XD
    ETA: Oh man, how could I forget the time he turned Rachel Grey into a dinosaur? Classic.
    Yeah, the Tom Corsi thing... is weird, if he did that. Because he was always drawn very American looking. Sharon isn't ringing a bell...? The Psylocke to Asian was - I think - at least an improvement on the character. And Sophie... I don't think she's a crow monster, so much as she's died ... again... or whatever it is that happens to you when you die in the state that they're in... And I don't recall the dinosaur thing either. But that sounds pretty funny.

And I don't recall the dinosaur thing either. But that sounds pretty funny.
    Oh.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Marvel_Girl_Hauki&.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	118.4 KB 
ID:	815

It was.

Oh.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Marvel_Girl_Hauki&.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	118.4 KB 
ID:	815

It was.
    Oh. Right. I remember that....

Yeah, I'd put a lot of the good points down to Simonson keeping Claremont on track.

I am eagerly awaiting the next issue...

With Alpha Flight surviving... Yellowjacket and Swordsman surviving... I was hopeful that Thunderbird might come out of this as well... alas, such was not the case.

There's always next time (or event), Tawmis...
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/