Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Question on AF Members/Continuity

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67 View Post
    Um, Heather makes mention to Mac that they need to pick up their baby before leaving Earth...So it's implied that they took her with them.
    My bad. It's been a while since I've read v. 3.

(Also, WTH, Heather?!)

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

It's got anti-Plodex powers?

Like I said earlier, there seems to be a series of idiotic creative decisions, which became progressively more idiotic.

Also, how was Snowbird resurrected when Walter still has her body?

Images

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr74 View Post
    Also, how was Snowbird resurrected when Walter still has her body?
    A.I.M. cloned her.

Idiotic creative decisions? What aarrre you talking about?

- Le Messor
    "I don't belong to an organized political party. I'm a Democrat."
    ~ Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
    A.I.M. cloned her.
    Is that the official canon word on that? Because I remember the story just saying they dug her up and she got better, has it been retconned into something that actually makes sense?

Images

Quote Originally Posted by MistressMerr View Post
    Is that the official canon word on that? Because I remember the story just saying they dug her up and she got better, has it been retconned into something that actually makes sense?
    Checking the issue (Wolverine #143, for the record, and #142)...
    Hee hee hee "Her death was one of the greatest tragedies Alpha Flight ever had to endure... in many ways she (Heather) blamed herself for what happened."
    You mean in the way that Heather SHOT HER?!?

Right now I'm laughing like in that David Bowie song 'Wishful Beginnings'. No, wait, that's actually playing.

Hmm... you're right. In the backup story to #143, they 'explain' it as advanced cellular regeneration, like Wolverine (Walt's comparison, not mine). After she was buried. Apparently Walt forgot that he got her body...

- Le Messor
    "I don't care if there's chemicals in it, as long as my lettuce is crisp!"
    ~ Grace Slick

Apparently Walt forgot that he got her body...

You gots to be kidding me...

After seeing him in her body, I was hideously (internally) scarred for life...yet, he just forgot!!!???!
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Hmm... you're right. In the backup story to #143, they 'explain' it as advanced cellular regeneration, like Wolverine (Walt's comparison, not mine). After she was buried. Apparently Walt forgot that he got her body...
    I always took that as AIM regenerated her using her cells, rather than a natural healing factor regeneration.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    I always took that as AIM regenerated her using her cells, rather than a natural healing factor regeneration.
    It reads more like the latter, but is open to interpretation (and Walt did compare it directly to Wolverine, as noted).

But either way, it'd require them getting their hands on her body - which Walt was in possession of. And, as FP pointed out, that's not the kind of thing you can just forget.

- Le Messor
    "Possession is nine-tenths of the law."
    ~ Linda Blair?

But either way, it'd require them getting their hands on her body
    Or just cells from the body.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Or just cells from the body.
    I know that not everyone liked Frank Tieri's handling of Alpha, but I liked how he handled this confusion caused by a previous writer and explained it away by a line that just left it up to the reader to use their imagination regarding how the Gods orchestrated the cloning.
    One other dangling plotline from that same trainwreck of a story, however, is the other embryos of Snowbird that they showed that AIM had...
    Last edited by Ahab; 01-05-2011 at 08:11 PM.

I was one who liked Frank's handling of Alpha Flight (when he's used them). I think he did a good job for the most part (including his handling of Aurora in Weapon X). He wrote the Wolverine and Alpha Flight VS Mauvais story too. I'd love to see Mauvais come back, if Alpha got their own series. He's a native Quebeois villain and he was very creepy and evil.

Actually, Mr Tieri used Alpha Flight somewhat often in Wolverine.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

I'd have to go with Phil on this and have it explained as them using cells/DNA samples to regenerate her body. Snowbird couldn't have possibly been dug up from a grave as Walter possesses that body now.

In Wolverine #172 Shaman claims the Northern Gods had brought Snowbird back, but doesn't say why or how. His exact quote is:
    Surely the Northern Gods did not orchestrate Snowbird's resurrection only to have her fall to the likes of you!
    Last edited by Legerd; 01-06-2011 at 01:54 AM.

Actually, Mr Tieri used Alpha Flight somewhat often in Wolverine.
    ???

He did? I guess I missed this. Mind you, 15 years out of the comic-buying realm might make me miss a few things of importance...
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/