Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Question on AF Members/Continuity

Default Question on AF Members/Continuity

All,

I have an idea for an AF story, which I'd like to work on, but, it seems AF is nothing short of a continuity nightmare at this point. So, here are my questions:
    1. Last known whereabouts of Talisman?
    2. What's the status of Kara and Whitman's relationship?
    3. Is Northstar still in the X-books? Or was he removed from them to be part of the Chaos War special?
    4. How were the Alphans brought back from the netherworld while Puck is in Hell with Wolverine (or whatever)?
    5. Which Alphans actually went into space to return the Plodex eggs? Was their return ever discussed/resolved?
    6. Was the status of the temporally displaced Alphans ever discussed/resolved?
    7. Witchfire is supposedly trapped in some dimension with the Elder Gods? What dimension? Who and/or what are the Elder Gods?
    8. Which Heather had a daughter? Real one or some temporal clone?

Any feedback on the above is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Zef
    Last edited by zephyr74; 01-01-2011 at 07:27 PM. Reason: Number 8 turned into an emoticon.

1. Talisman was last seen in Latveria possessed, along with all the other Marvel mystics, and was attacking Dr. Drumm and Dr. Doom. Where she went after that I don't know.
    2. Unknown. Last I saw Kara was on Utopia. Whitman's whereabouts and status is unknown.
    3. Northstar is still an X-man. He was teleported to Canada by the Great Beasts to help Alpha Flight fight the Chaos King and will go back to the X-men at the end of the Chaos War.
    4. Shaman was able to keep their souls safe and together in the afterlife, but Puck was sent to Hell where Shaman didn't dare go. When the realms of the dead were destroyed AF was ejected to the realm of the living and teleported to Canada like Northstar and Aurora were by the Great Beasts.
    5. It was Guardian, Vindicator, Shaman, Snowbird, Puck and I think Earthmover who took the Plodex home. Not much was said about their return other than they came back at some point.
    6. All that was said about the temporal clones is they were sent back at some point after the real AF returned from space. No details were given.
    7. I can't find any name other than the "Elder God's Dimension" for where she's trapped.
    8. The real Heather had the baby in an X-men Annual.

Witchfire is in Limbo, occasional home to Magik of the New Mutants.

The Elder Gods Witchfire is trapped with are Belasco's masters.

Quote Originally Posted by Legerd View Post
    8. The real Heather had the baby in an X-men Annual.
    An issue of X-Men Unlimited, actually.

Thanks, Legerd. 5 and 6 sound very ambiguous to me. Was the sending bakc of the temporal clones actually stated within an issue of a comic book? Or is that conjecture?

8. I have no words. What dingbat thought this was a good idea?

So, Aurora and Sasquatch are just hanging out somewhere in Canada?

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Aurora is running Northstar's business.

Sasquatch is...
    just hanging out somewhere in Canada.

- Le Messor
    "I do desire we may be better strangers."

Quote Originally Posted by MistressMerr View Post
    An issue of X-Men Unlimited, actually.
    You are right; I stand corrected.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr74 View Post
    Thanks, Legerd. 5 and 6 sound very ambiguous to me. Was the sending bakc of the temporal clones actually stated within an issue of a comic book? Or is that conjecture?
    No problem. The answers for 5 & 6 were revealed in interviews IIRC not in any book.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
    Aurora is running Northstar's business.

Sasquatch is...
    just hanging out somewhere in Canada.

- Le Messor
    "I do desire we may be better strangers."
    Well, right now their both on their way to fight the Chaos King and his band of slave gods.
    Last edited by Legerd; 01-03-2011 at 03:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zephyr74 View Post
    8. I have no words. What dingbat thought this was a good idea?
    It was Frank Tieri that originally wrote Heather as being pregnant (Wolverine #174?) which kinda made sense.
    It was Chuck Austen's awful issue of X-Men Unlimited (#45?) where she gave birth.

Legerd,
    Technically, this has yet to be worked out/resolved in a book within continuity. There are a few ways to resolve this and bring them back, but, requires a lot of creative retcon to bring the characters to where they should be.

I haven't collected in a long time but, from what I've read online, thhis Chaos story is a hot mess.

Phil,
    Thanks for clarifying. Did Heather and Mac take the baby with them to the Plodex world?

Also, it seems there's a lot of confusion about which Alphans were confirmed dead from the Collective storyline. Obviously, Sasquatch has lived to put together a makeshift AF team; twice. Snowbird has been resurrected and altered more than once and she's no longer bound to Canada, correct?

The baby was left behind on Earth, presumably with family.

Mac, Heather, Eugene and his daughter (Puck II), Major Mapleleaf II, and Shaman died from Bendis plot; Sasquatch survived. I don't think Snowbird was involved in that one.

Quote Originally Posted by suzene View Post
    I don't think Snowbird was involved in that one.
    No she was not with them (perhaps she was off panel somewhere else)

DIGGER

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by DIGGER View Post
    (perhaps she was off panel somewhere else)
    Then... she IS dead! Nooooooooooo!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by suzene View Post
    The baby was left behind on Earth, presumably with family.
    Um, Heather makes mention to Mac that they need to pick up their baby before leaving Earth...So it's implied that they took her with them.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!