Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Age of X: Alpha Appearances

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Is that Box's foot in one of the panel's too?
    OMG you are my twin! I was thinking the same thing, but you just can't tell who some of the feet belong to. In any case, it's the tiniest foot appearance ever.
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by rplass View Post
    Come on guys! Beef it up!
    ... but I'm vegetarian!

Okay, with this whole new 'reset the numbering' announcement about Uncanny, I think I'll just drop the title altogether (again).
    It's just one cynical, annoying as, cheap marketing ploy too many.
    I haven't been enjoying it, and buying issue after issue because there's two panels with an ex-Alphan in them just isn't worth my time / money / timey.

(Am I sent to my bedroom now? Because my comics are in a different room... )

- Le Messor
    "I’d love to, but I’m having my baby shoes bronzed."
    Last edited by Le Messor; 06-10-2011 at 05:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs View Post
    I tend to just buy the stories Alpha feature prominently in. Northstar and Jeffires being affiliated to the X-Men presents to many appearences to get every one. Periodically I pick up the British Marvel 'Essential X-Men' which reprints three X Title issues for £2.95. Get a few minor appearences in that.
    Ditto. Except for the Essential X-men part. I wait for the cameo stuff to get to the bargain bin. And they all do, eventually. (cue ominous laughter)
    Now Showing "Return from LurkWorld 3:Can I Have A Life Please?"

Phew. I wonder who at Diamond is going to catch it this time.

Also, Amazon's shipping policy is the work of the devil. I always wind up spending more than I meant to just to hit the free shipping mark.

The mystery of the Northstar contrails explained: I asked Clay Mann directly about this today at NYCC. He explained that when he designed the costumes for Age of X, he took elements from other things - and for Northstar it was Tron. The red streaks are the persistent trails left behind just like the light cycles. Mystery solved!

Then he mentioned there was a gaggle of 10 cosplayers all in Age Of X costumes who had stopped by his booth and there was an Age of X Northstar with neon lights attached to his wrists. I didn't see it but boy I bet that looked great!

EDIT: I found the gaggle. Here's a blog post showing all the players and here's Age of X Northstar:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1959217_10152968612762289_2148659463551816894_n.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	108.7 KB 
ID:	4497

and you can see the wrist contrails better here:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7744.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	1.30 MB 
ID:	4498

Awesome! I didn't see the guy personally but wow that's pretty neato.
    Last edited by rplass; 10-13-2014 at 09:41 PM.
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com