Thread: No News Box News

Default No News Box News

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=29763

Phil will now sing his question a la Justin Timberlake. Ladies and gentlemen, Here is "Mutant in a Box!"
    We've seen Box/Madison Jeffries in the opening arc of "X-Men" acting as a computer-wiz (reconfiguring Cerebra, etc.). But is there any chance we'll see him in Box armor involved in battle, akin to his Alpha Flight days? This is a guy that's taken on dinosaurs, the Hulk, and Galactus in his time, and I don't think he's been used to his full potential yet…
    Phil, in a general way, your question is like Trevor's. I've been getting a lot of nice feedback from readers along the lines of, "I'm really enjoying this first 'X-Men' arc but why can't we see more of..." And you can insert Iceman, Gambit, Blade and now Box to finish the sentence. The fact is, we simply have an embarrassment of riches with the X-Men, and if we gave every character enough face time to showcase their full potential, each issue would be seventy-five pages long. Having said that, I'd love to see more of Madison doing his thing. I'm actually a big fan of all the X-scientists.
    Bah. I tried.

The fact is, we simply have an embarrassment of riches with the X-Men...
    Then they can spread the wealth around and let Northstar, Madison and Persuasion come home.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

The fact is, we simply have an embarrassment of riches with the X-Men, and if we gave every character enough face time to showcase their full potential, each issue would be seventy-five pages long.
    The fact is, Marvel have nobody but themselves to blame, and that's really high up on more than one person's 'The Reason Why The X-Men Suck Right Now' list.

Personally, I like it when I'm buying something and the store owner says it sucks.
    If they know me well enough to feel comfortable doing, or they say it to my face.
    It's just more genuine.
    When I buy a CD, and the person turns and says to somebody else loudly enough I can hear it 'This is just noise', or if they snigger at me for buying it...
    Bad customer service. Bad! No biscuit.

- Le Messor
    "Sing your order to the tune of your favourite song from Metallica's Master Of Puppets."
    - suggestions for annoying ways to order pizza
    (I can imagine 'Vegetarian - leave the meat' to the tune of 'Sanitarium'...)
    Last edited by Le Messor; 12-08-2010 at 03:14 PM.

I don't get why Madison is there to begin with. Why isn't Forge there? He was usually their computer guru.

My guess is that Forge was the original choice, but then Warren Ellis claimed him to make him evil and crazy over in Astonishing X-Men.
    Either that or it was the Canadian-ness to go in line with the All New All Different theme going on with all the other X-Club members.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    My guess is that Forge was the original choice, but then Warren Ellis claimed him to make him evil and crazy over in Astonishing X-Men.
    Either that or it was the Canadian-ness to go in line with the All New All Different theme going on with all the other X-Club members.
    Have I mentioned my dislike of X-MEN lately which is one of the core things that GOT me into comics? I had hope for awhile. For awhile they were getting back on track.
    I dropped ASTONISHING a few issues in Ellis' run - wanting to BELIEVE that he wouldn't disappoint - like he always has (for me - I have yet to like anything Ellis touches...) - and... he disappointed and I dropped the title. Which is a shame, because when Joss was writing it - it felt like... THE X-MEN again. Now... it's... *shakes head*... All of it is, really. I mean the entire team is so utterly fubared, that honestly, AF looks great in comparison (in terms of messed up history, characters, characters written out of character)... It just... sucks.

All that to say, I had no idea Forge went all evil.

Because...

You know...

That makes sense.

Why wouldn't you use Scalphunter, who has similar powers to Forge, and is already "evil."

The key word here being 'embarrassment.'