Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Article: November sales figures - Chaos War: Alpha Flight

Default November sales figures are in

Here we are, folks:

http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/18918.html

Chaos War: Alpha Flight
    sold an estimated 17,164 copies, coming in at #107 for the month. Which... well, it's not very good. It's not horrible, though! Not enough to warrant an ongoing any time soon, but certainly worth revisiting with more one-shots and the like, I'd say. Also, it was awesome, which is really what matters at the end of the day.

If we go by just Marvel comics it was ranked #55, yeah not very good sadly.

Really? They seemed to have sold out in most places, but then again...The comic stores may not have ordered very many to begin with.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

I thought that I would have difficulty finding it when I went to the comic shop across the street, either because they didn't order enough or it went like hotcakes. Well, I found it...on the very bottom shelf of the 'new' wall. It was very hard to see and one of the few titles that wasn't placed in alphabetical order. There were a ton of copies left either.

When I took it up to the register the guy behind the counter snickered when he saw what I was buying...

...I really hate that place.
    Where are we going, and why are we in this hand-basket??

I couldn't get it, it was sold out wherever I called or emailed. I'm waiting on place two hours away to get more orders.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic View Post
    I thought that I would have difficulty finding it when I went to the comic shop across the street, either because they didn't order enough or it went like hotcakes. Well, I found it...on the very bottom shelf of the 'new' wall. It was very hard to see and one of the few titles that wasn't placed in alphabetical order. There were a ton of copies left either.

When I took it up to the register the guy behind the counter snickered when he saw what I was buying...

...I really hate that place.
    Eff them. I hate people like that. Seriously. You're bringing them business. If they had a manager, I'd report them, say that they made you feel uncomfortable and unwanted.

Nail their ass to the wall.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokole View Post
    I couldn't get it, it was sold out wherever I called or emailed. I'm waiting on place two hours away to get more orders.
    If ye lived in the US, I'd send you a copy. I picked up three copies, myself.

That is a little disappointing.
    I enjoyed the one shot. I hope we get more.

Quote Originally Posted by Tawmis View Post
    Eff them. I hate people like that. Seriously. You're bringing them business. If they had a manager, I'd report them, say that they made you feel uncomfortable and unwanted.

Damn, that's some ANGRY ALPHA FLIGHT ANGRY LOVE there... awesome!
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

Disappointing since I think it was one of the better Comics that month.

I also got a little grief in the comic book store I bought my copy at.

Quote Originally Posted by Tawmis View Post

Sad to say, but the guy was the owner. I broke my rule about going in there just to get the comic (it's a long story, and involved buying magic cards), but am now aware of the fact that any further business he could offer is now going to the guy that has his store about fifteen miles away.

The one-shot was awesome, and certainly took the sting out of the experience.
    Where are we going, and why are we in this hand-basket??

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic View Post
    Sad to say, but the guy was the owner. I broke my rule about going in there just to get the comic (it's a long story, and involved buying magic cards), but am now aware of the fact that any further business he could offer is now going to the guy that has his store about fifteen miles away.

The one-shot was awesome, and certainly took the sting out of the experience.
    Gaaaaaaaaarghhhhhhhhhh! Shiest like that chaps my hide, so to speak. During these economic times the ungrateful frakkin' bass-turd should be thankful that you're spending money in his store.

13. 12-08-2010

IMO, the title did alright considering it wasn't necessary to the main story, that few readers nowadays seem to know anything about the team and that the other Chaos War "crossover" books (that were promoted in interviews and articles before they went on sale) were all in and around the same numbers. Let's see how the characters fare in Chaos War #5, if they aren't simply there to be punching bags, if they actually play a part in the defeat of Mikaboshi, then maybe we can push for a mini?

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by -K-M- View Post
    If we go by just Marvel comics it was ranked #55, yeah not very good sadly.

Um... 55? Is that Wouldn't that mean Marvel released at least 55 comics in one month?

They have got to get a better idea of what their readers are after... OTOH, if they'd released less, AF wouldn't be one of them.
    Or is that figures for a longer period?

- Le Messor
    "I cannot live without books."
    ~ Thomas Jefferson

That number seems to be in line with what the other Chaos War off-shoots are doing.

Eh, at least Alpha Flight is back in the Marvel landscape, and the original team to boot.