Thread: Shaman's bag...

Default Shaman's bag...

"I can't pull out anything that's larger than the mouth of the bag" - Shaman
    (Paraphrasing, from when he "lost" Talisman into his pouch after the fight with Omega Flight)

Yet, Shaman has pulled out staffs, even totem poles that were larger. Granted they start smaller and expanding (well the staff he used at the Eye to go save Walter was it's full size)... but this doesn't seem to make much sense and appeared to be a lazy way of explaining why Shaman couldn't pull Talisman out.

Story is story, I get that. But consistency would be nice.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Tawmis View Post
    "The mouth" is the important phrase there. The staff in 24 could've fit through, at a squeeze.

The totems - I figure you mean the ones in UXM #121. That doesn't count, it wasn't Byr-
    nevermind.

Either way, you're right about them expanding. It's not like he can shrink peop-
    nevermind.

- Le Messor
    "How do the words to it go?
    I wish you'd tell me, I don't know...
    Oh, never mind."
    ~ 'Weird Al', Smells Like Nirvana

Quote Originally Posted by Tawmis View Post
    (Paraphrasing, from when he "lost" Talisman into his pouch after the fight with Omega Flight)

Yet, Shaman has pulled out staffs, even totem poles that were larger. Granted they start smaller and expanding (well the staff he used at the Eye to go save Walter was it's full size)... but this doesn't seem to make much sense and appeared to be a lazy way of explaining why Shaman couldn't pull Talisman out.

Story is story, I get that. But consistency would be nice.
    Um...it's not like he pulled the staff out sideways...He pulled it out length-wise (even with it's little wings, all he'd have to do is wriggle it a bit to get it through). He couldn't pull Elizabeth out, simply because she was too big. I don't think he could have shrunk her before pulling her out, like he shrunk Smart Alec before putting him in the bag.

Dana
    Last edited by cmdrkoenig67; 12-07-2010 at 01:31 PM.
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67 View Post
    Um...it's not like he pulled the staff out sideways...He pulled it out length-wise (even with it's little wings, all he'd have to do is wriggle it a bit to get it through). He couldn't pull Elizabeth out, simply because she was too big. I don't think he could have shrunk her before pulling her out, like he shrunk Smart Alec before putting him in the bag.

Dana
    I dunno. That's kind of pushing it. That staff is pretty wide. Pretty sure the width of the top of the staff is wider than my pants! And I know my pants are MUCH bigger than Shaman's bag!