Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Buffy Movie

From what I gather, the Kazuis ( Fran and Kaz the couple that produced and directed the original movie) have pretty much seen their residuals from the series DVD sales bottom out. So, to get that money train moving again they are pulling out this reimagining of the movie.

Like most Whedonites, I have low expectations for this. I'll probably see it, more to see if it sucks more or less than the original movie.
    Sargasso Soul My Webcomic (on hiatus)

My DeviantART Page

Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    there, split it off. Now you can Buffy all you want
    What Ben doesn't realize is that ALL of my messages are written while in the Buffy...

Quote Originally Posted by Ahab View Post
    What Ben doesn't realize is that ALL of my messages are written while in the Buffy...
    oh my. I thought I was bad posting while half in the bag...meanwhile you're ba...***SENSOR***... which only tends to make the chipmunk angry!

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by jay042 View Post
    ... to get that money train moving again they are pulling out this reimagining of the movie...
    Like most Whedonites, I have low expectations for this. I'll probably see it, more to see if it sucks more or less than the original movie.
    That's the trouble. Most Whedonites are just that -Whedonites, not Buffyites.
    We won't have much faith in it, and Faith won't be in it, and few of us will watch it. (I might, if only because I don't want to prejudge... but I want to watch the Last Airbender for the same reason, so what do I know?)

People who aren't interested in Buffy aren't going to watch this, because they're not interested in Buffy.

That leaves, what - vague fans? Or are they (most likely) as 3 Chicks posit, trying to cash in on Twilight?

Ben, next time, leave the chipmunk out of it!

- Le Messor
    "I believe the subtext here is rapidly becoming the text."
    ~ Giles

Yeah, the Twilight audience is their primary focus in creating this movie, kind of the way the Kazuis were trying to cash in on the Beverly Hills 90210 audience when they cast Luke Perry as the male lead in the original.
    Sargasso Soul My Webcomic (on hiatus)

My DeviantART Page

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
    That's the trouble. Most Whedonites are just that -Whedonites, not Buffyites.
    But I would say it's fair to assume, 90% of the Whedonites are indeed Whedonites because of Buffy. Thus making the majority (90%) of the Whedon fans also Buffy fans, as that was probably their first "contact" with Joss Whedon.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

True, Tawmis, but what I mean is through Buffy we've become fans of Joss Whedon, and we know he's what makes Buffy good.
    So the fannier fans won't want a Buffy movie knowing it's not a Joss movie. (I'm basing that on the comments sections of every article I've read about this.)

- Le Messor
    "I brake for no apparent reason."

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
    True, Tawmis, but what I mean is through Buffy we've become fans of Joss Whedon, and we know he's what makes Buffy good.
    So the fannier fans won't want a Buffy movie knowing it's not a Joss movie. (I'm basing that on the comments sections of every article I've read about this.)

- Le Messor
    "I brake for no apparent reason."
    Oh. Well. yes. Then I agree. I misread what you were originally saying then.