Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: CHAOS WAR: DEAD AVENGERS #1 (of 3) - SPOILERS WITHIN!

Default CHAOS WAR: DEAD AVENGERS #1 (of 3) - SPOILERS WITHIN!

S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R

S
    P
    A
    C
    E

CHAOS WAR: DEAD AVENGERS #1 (of 3)
    First, let's talk about the art. OHMYFRAKINGTHOR! The art in this comic is beautiful. I forgot to see who it was (and I am currently at work so I can't check) - but the art is smooth, solid, well drawn! I mean, I _really_ like the art! So that already has my attention.

The story? It's pretty freaking awesome! The reason they're there makes sense (well so far with what's been revealed). And on the "team" we have: VISION, SWORDSMAN, YELLOWJACKET (the female), CAPTAIN MARVEL, DEATHCRY, and DR. DRUID.

So... not only do I get to read about SWORDSMAN again - and SWORDSMAN written well - but I also get to read about Deathcry (come on, she's Shi'ar, how am I not going to like her?). While Deathcry is written as some battle savage (which is how she ORIGINALLY was, but she grew considerably during her time on Avengers, so this is a bit of a revert for her - but I don't mind). The story is solid. The art is solid. The characters are solid.

If you did not pick this up - run back now and grab a copy off the shelf. You WANT to read this.

agreed. Swordsman has the heart of an Avenger. I thought Druid was written well too. Good buy

Quote Originally Posted by mos_def View Post
    agreed. Swordsman has the heart of an Avenger. I thought Druid was written well too. Good buy
    Agreed. Dr. Druid was... Dr. Druid. As he has always been!
    Swordsman though was the one that REALLY shines in this first issue.

S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R
    S
    !

So, I guess Janet/Wasp didn't come back from the "dead"?

Dana
    Last edited by cmdrkoenig67; 11-23-2010 at 04:31 AM.
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67 View Post
    S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R
    S
    !

So, I guess Janet/Wasp didn't come back from the "dead"?

Dana
    Nay. I am surprised... But I think it's because they used the female Yellowjacket. I don't know that any of them will be "back from the dead" since they're not really walking around on Earth. They're in a dimension between dream and death, where everyone on Earth currently is, since Chaos King killed Nightmare, who ruled (I didn't know this?) the Dream Realm, plunging everyone into a "coma" state that traps them between dreams/nightmares/death.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch17 View Post
    I liked Deathcry!
    Previously? Or in this comic? Or both?

I was a Deathcry fan too... but mostly because she had ties to the Shi'ar which I have some weird obsession with.

I liked her when she first appeared in Avengers.

Young girl alien with a Wolverine like attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch17 View Post
    I liked her when she first appeared in Avengers.

Young girl alien with a Wolverine like attitude.
    You should pick up CHAOS WAR: DEAD AVENGERS then. Because the first issue has her as that savage attitude again.

S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R
    S
    !

She seemed to have that savage warrior attitude in Annihilation: Star Lord too. So much, in fact that she lost herself to bloodlust and tried to kill Captain Universe and then he accidentally blasted her to bits.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Thanks...I'll give it a look!

S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R

I dont think Wasp is really dead. What was left of her body was left on the pocket dimension which the Avengers were hiding in. Its the reason Jocasta freaked on Hank

I like dissue one of Dead Avengers. Don't know if I'll pick up the rest, but it was truly well written. Good characters. Interesting story. It was everything I wish Marvel had been over the last few years...
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

I haven't read the issue, but I'm slightly confused as to the use of Vision given his Young Avengers self.
    Is this addressed at all?

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    I haven't read the issue, but I'm slightly confused as to the use of Vision given his Young Avengers self.
    Is this addressed at all?
    There's nothing to be confused about. The Young Avengers Vision was created using Iron Lad's malleable armor and some of the Avenger's Vision's programming, but he's a separate entity - think of Mac and his younger clone. Both look alike and share some memories, but they aren't the same person.