Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You've been selected to make a NEW ALPHA FLIGHT!

Default You've been selected to make a NEW ALPHA FLIGHT!

Now I know we all love our ALPHA FLIGHT characters - and that the most recent OMEGA FLIGHT isn't all that favored around here (I enjoyed it only because it had the Wrecking Crew, whom I love, and it had Beta Ray Bill!)

... Now the mission of this one - MARVEL wants YOU to forge a NEW ALPHA FLIGHT team - with one small limit...

The characters you select can never have been a part of ALPHA FLIGHT (or it's sub-divisions, BETA, GAMMA, etc).

Who would you bring in to be a part of this new ALPHA FLIGHT?

Guardian - using an EM suit based on superconductivity, another young genius who has a thing for heroism
    Box - a new man in the Box robot, as a robot again, a former soldier
    Nemesis - a new Nemesis
    Windshear - a daughter of the former Windshear
    Sasquatch - Walter's son
    Puck - they'd let me use him.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

The surviving members of Northstar's Alpha Squadron decide that Utopia is complete and utter pants and, being rather smarter than Cyclops, take all of the kids that will come with them and have Pixie sneak them across the border to Canada and petition for sanctuary. Thus begin their new and strange adventures in the land of politeness, poutine, Tim Horton's, and the most evil government agencies in the MU.*

*This may not be an entirely serious write-up.

Guardian V (young man/former soldier who takes on the Canadian flag costume, but possesses mutant abilities of flight, superhuman strength and invulnerability)

Chinook II (grand daughter of the WW II superhero, has inherited abilities of air control)

Jack Frost (Mysterious, possibly immortal, amnesiac WW II hero with the power to create ice and snow...Attempting to find out who and what he is)

Lynx (young woman/wild child from Marvel Comics Presents volume 1)

Wendigo (magically given his intelligence back and now seeks to make amends for the evil he did as the cannibal beast)
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67 View Post
    Guardian V (young man/former soldier who takes on the Canadian flag costume, but possesses mutant abilities of flight, superhuman strength and invulnerability)
    Chinook II (grand daughter of the WW II superhero, has inherited abilities of air control)
    Jack Frost (Mysterious, possibly immortal, amnesiac WW II hero with the power to create ice and snow...Attempting to find out who and what he is)
    Lynx (young woman/wild child from Marvel Comics Presents volume 1)
    Wendigo (magically given his intelligence back and now seeks to make amends for the evil he did as the cannibal beast)
    I noticed some WWII reference - curious as to why you have two with a WWII reference? (Not sure if you have like a historical interest or something? Just made me interested!)

And Chinook ... remind me who the first one is?

And I dig the Wendigo idea!

Quote Originally Posted by suzene View Post
    The surviving members of Northstar's Alpha Squadron decide that Utopia is complete and utter pants and, being rather smarter than Cyclops, take all of the kids that will come with them and have Pixie sneak them across the border to Canada and petition for sanctuary. Thus begin their new and strange adventures in the land of politeness, poutine, Tim Horton's, and the most evil government agencies in the MU.*

Quote Originally Posted by Mokole View Post
    Guardian - using an EM suit based on superconductivity, another young genius who has a thing for heroism
    Box - a new man in the Box robot, as a robot again, a former soldier
    Nemesis - a new Nemesis
    Windshear - a daughter of the former Windshear
    Sasquatch - Walter's son
    Puck - they'd let me use him.

Both of those were epic. lol
    Last edited by Tawmis; 11-17-2010 at 01:17 AM.

6. 11-17-2010

Check out Alpha Flight -1, it was a flashback issue that came out just before the second series of AF.

No thanks!
    I don't want a new Alpha Flight...
    I want a fresh new comic with great stories and art featuring as many of the original cast as possible, do you hear me Marvel!?!

Quote Originally Posted by suzene View Post

And yet, I would TOTALLY read that. The concept's already better than v3 and anyway, Loa's always been one of my favourite New X-Men kids and I think she was on his squad. Bring Gary Cody back as the beleaguered adult trying to keep the kids in line and it's got all the makings of a classic Marvel "Who the hell greenlit THAT?" series.

I like them all. I'd buy them all.
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Seeing as they've all technically died, that technically means their new bodies will never have been part of AF so....

Guardian
    Vindicator
    Shaman
    Puck
    Marrina

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Seeing as they've all technically died, that technically means their new bodies will never have been part of AF so....

Guardian
    Vindicator
    Shaman
    Puck
    Marrina

There's always one in the crowd... LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Tawmis View Post
    I noticed some WWII reference - curious as to why you have two with a WWII reference? (Not sure if you have like a historical interest or something? Just made me interested!)

And I dig the Wendigo idea!
    The WW II thing is more coincidence than anything intentional.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Hyperion would were the Guardian suit without all that tech stuff and the teams powerhouse.
    Arcanna: sorceress
    Psylocke: telipathic/ mutant
    Fire Star: flight/ fire/ mutant
    Master of Kung Fu: marshal arts
    Namora (from the Exiles): water expert
    Omega Red: rehabilitated
    Puma: hunter
    Ghost Rider: supernatural/ speed (on his bike) (plus he's a personal fav of mine)

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Rider View Post
    Hyperion would were the Guardian suit without all that tech stuff and the teams powerhouse.
    Arcanna: sorceress
    Psylocke: telipathic/ mutant
    Fire Star: flight/ fire/ mutant
    Master of Kung Fu: marshal arts
    Namora (from the Exiles): water expert
    Omega Red: rehabilitated
    Puma: hunter
    Ghost Rider: supernatural/ speed (on his bike) (plus he's a personal fav of mine)
    That is a powerful team. I dig it.

I am, quite surprised, that Marvel hasn't done more with (what remains) of Squadron Supreme.

Especially given they could have "spoofed" Blackest Night, Brightest Day.

The Squadron Supreme 12 issue LS was epic. Just a bummer that so many key members died.

I would go with those connected to Alpha in some way:

Snowbird's son
    Jeffries' technomorph offspring from Death Metal
    Mar or one of Marrina's other offspring
    Wendigo (controlled)
    Flinch (was he officially considered a part of any team?)
    Guardian (a McNeal brother seeking comfort in losing his sister)