Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Article: Marvel Premier Classics X-Men: Alpha Flight HC

I may need to go back and find these again...

Quote Originally Posted by rplass View Post
    Are you sure about this? I'm fairly certain I did this right, the Cockrum cover being the partial reprinting of the cover of UXM #109 as the variant and the Smith cover reprinting the wraparound cover of the X-Men Alpha Flight crossover is the regular cover.
    Check any of the other Marvel Premiere Classics series, the 2 layered colour version is always the variant.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Check any of the other Marvel Premiere Classics series, the 2 layered colour version is always the variant.
    Yes, I've posted that I've been collecting all of them - so this will be mine either way.
    That said, I really can't predict whether they'll include the bonus material, but knowing them I'm leaning towards 'yes' - but I wouldn't be surprised if it was tacked on to the end.

But I can confirm what Phil posted - the 2 layered colour version is always the variant. And really annoying when the three you had to buy over Amazon turned out not to be the variant!

Quote Originally Posted by suzene View Post
    And a pony.
    Aww myannnn, Suzene, you know my horse is dead!

- Le Messor
    Okay, maybe you didn't know that...

Buffy: How was school today?
    Dawn: The usual, big square building filled with boredom and despair.
    Buffy: Just how I remember it.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
    That said, I really can't predict whether they'll include the bonus material, but knowing them I'm leaning towards 'yes' - but I wouldn't be surprised if it was tacked on to the end.
    A little research later:
    The Wikipedia page for Marvel Premier Classics says it'll reprint Uncanny X-Men, not Classic X-Men, so I'm not going to hold my breath for the bonus material.

- Le Messor
    Husband: Darling, will you love me when I'm old and feeble?
    Wife: You bet I do.

Wikipedia's Wikipedia though... but yeah, I thought it was unlikely, but hey...

Images

Wikipedia's Wikipedia though... but yeah, I thought it was unlikely, but hey...
    True that, but it's been fairly accurate so far at this GN series.
    The series does seem to want to give us as much as possible though. There've been little bonuses in the past.

- Le Messor
    Spike: How was your walk, pet?
    Drusilla: I met an old man. I didn't like him. He got stuck in my teeth.

Images

Oh, yes, I forgot to tell you: The spice exists on only one planet in the known universe.

Also, and slightly more relevant to this thread, I can come close to guaranteeing that the special features for this hardcover will be Marvel Universe Handbook entries; one on Alpha as a whole, probably one or two on the original original six - the Hudsons, but probably not everybody.

- Le Messor
    "I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good either."

Add up the pages from the issues stated, subtract from the solicited page count, what do you get?
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

Images

Maths headache?

Images

But seriously folks, the page count won't help, it'll only tell us whether there are more pages than the original print - not what's on them.

I've been saying that there'll be OHOTMU pages. That's based on the fact that between #s 28 and 52, all of them had OHOTMU pages in the back. (Which would confuse the page count idea.)
    (I haven't gone and looked at them all, but I noticed they were in there on reading, and it seems to start at #28.)
    #54 does not.

So, I'm going to take back my 'guarantee' that they'll be in there. I will state with absolute certainty that AF's OHOTMU pages might or might not be in there.

- Le Messor
    "I demand that I may or may not be Vroomfondel!"
    - HHGTTG
    Last edited by Le Messor; 12-09-2010 at 09:47 PM.

Images

Now that my attention's been drawn back to this thread, more on the 'Marvel Premiere Classics' special features issue:

MPC #52 was the last of mine that had OHOTMU pages as features, and I'm now up to #58.
    The Alpha Flight one will be #66 (two gn's before Dr. Strange's first, btw!)

What they have been doing lately is reprinting 'extra pages' in the back - pages that were meant to align the page count properly in previous trade printings, so that two-page spreads would still be two-page spreads (I noticed with one of them that they were probably meant to replace double-pages). When they exist, of course.
    That doesn't quite apply to the Classic X-Men pages, but it's the closest I've got.

- Le Messor
    "I have understanding... of digital watches. And soon I shall have understanding of videocassette recorders and car telephones. And when I have understanding of them, I will have understanding of computers. And when I have understanding of computers, _I_ shall be the supreme being."
    ~ The Evil One, Time Bandits

The advance solicitation date of this for May makes a lot more sense now!
    4th May shipping, so perhaps Vol 4 #0.1 the same week or the following week!

Images

The advance solicitation date of this for May makes a lot more sense now!
    4th May shipping, so perhaps Vol 4 #0.1 the same week or the following week!
    Ooh, you're so right!

- LM
    Debbie: I just can't tell, does he like me at all?
    Morticia: Of course he does. He vomited.
    Debbie: That's true. Does he do that with all the women he likes?
    Morticia: Oh no. Just you.

According to Diamond the HC has been pushed back to 8th June which is the same date as Volume 4 #1 rather than #0.1
    Last edited by Phil; 05-11-2011 at 07:49 AM.

Which is my 15th year anniversary. I wonder if my wife will appreciate a copy of Alpha Flight #1 for her anniversary gift?