Quote Originally Posted by DIGGER View Post
Dana, I'm not saying Shaman is boring (I think he is a great creation). All I am saying is that he was given a chance to develop as a character whereas Guardian wasn't. The fact that we don't know why he didn't want to be the leader or why he was reluctant to wear the uniform in the first place leaves the door open for more character development. Reed Richards didn't go into space to become a superhero, Tony Stark wasn't a hero until circumstances practically forced him to be. The POTENTIAL IS THERE for Guardian to be so much more than what has been done to date. Perhaps a new Alpha series would help. FYI, the darkest day for me was when Mac showed up in the penultimate issue of vol.1 as the arch nemesis of perspiration, the.....ANTIGUARD. THAT WAS A TOTAL WTF...YGBKM MOMENT.

DIGGER
(sorry for the delay in responding. Damn job)
I totally agree with you about the Antiguard crap...It was lame...In fact, I feel nearly every resurrection of Mac has been horrible and lame...The most recent (in Chaos War) is the only one that feels right to me. Sorry about Shaman...I thought you were indicating he was a boring cliche`. I would love for Mac to be developed more and made into an interesting character...I just feel it's a bit beyond that now (then again, maybe it's never too late?). How many writers have brought Mac back from "death" only to not do anything meaningful with him (besides having him sacrifice himself again and again)? How many writers have explored his character and added to it?

Dana