S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R
    S

Finally, that felt like the real deal. I knew these characters and didn't feel like I had to fanwank away any of their behavior. Everything from Jean-Paul snarking at Walter, to the team being willing to go back to their graves, to Walter taking up his usual role as the team's unusually dim genius, all felt right.

So which petition do I have to sign to get McCann and Brown doing more of this?

I loved it.
    Let me say it again.
    I LOVED IT!
    Talk about showing respect for the team and the characters, both in dialogue, story and art. Especially given the space allotted.
    It is a little sad that they sort of closed the door on...
    S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

P

A

C

E

bringing back any of the other dead Alphans, or any mention of Snowbird's son, but then again, a creative writer could works wonders.
    This creative team did well. This was well worth the wait.

S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R
    S

Holy moly I loved it. I bought two copies and I was shocked how much research they did. Like the 20 minute time limit for the Beasts (hasn't been referenced since AF #1), character portrayls, The hudson\s daughter, and finally Wendigo appearing in an Alpha Flight comic.

Also interesting as it seems Heather has her geothermal powers afterall. haha also loved Snowbird's ice kamehame-ha.

I hope to get the issue, but as usual it'll be very tough.

Maybe we can start posting addresses here and email addresses from Marvel, so we can start sending in our desire for an AF ongoing now that AF Chaos War is out, and apparently VERY good.

I have no addresses, in other words.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

This is killing me. I work 4 ten hour days. My day off is Thurs. Which is Thanksgiving. The comic store is closed. My next day off is Saturday. I have to wait till then to get this.

Argh.

I am PISSED OFF! Was late getting to my LCS, because I had to go to physio after work, but when I finally got there the copy I had ordered had been sold to someone else! Tried another store, but it closed before I arrived. Called my LCS and asked them to put an order in for another copy, but still, they were supposed to hold that one for me.

Just read it...AWESOME!

Felt like the early 80's and Alpha Flight #1 again.

My comic place sold out this issue in four hours, we need an ongoing series!

Quote Originally Posted by Sypes View Post
    A little bit of both maybe? hahah
    That's great!

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by -K-M- View Post
    S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R
    S

Holy moly I loved it. I bought two copies and I was shocked how much research they did. Like the 20 minute time limit for the Beasts (hasn't been referenced since AF #1), character portrayls, The hudson\s daughter, and finally Wendigo appearing in an Alpha Flight comic.

Also interesting as it seems Heather has her geothermal powers afterall. haha also loved Snowbird's ice kamehame-ha.
    I loved it too (the team reuniting, Shaman mentioning he had kept their spirits from fully crossing over, the baby being mentioned, the Wendigos, Jean Paul giving Heather a hug)...My biggest "what the-!" moments were Heather using geo-powers, which confuses me a bit more about her having her first uniform on (and not the green one she died in) and Marrina mutating all over the place...But whatever, I really enjoyed it regardless.

BTW: I had a copy saved for me and I grabbed another off the shelf (the last one, I think).

Dana
    Last edited by cmdrkoenig67; 11-25-2010 at 01:55 AM.

Legerd, I PMed you, buddy.

Dana

Jeez! I have not read anything Alpha Flight in over ten years ... and here something new comes along that I might have liked and you all gave it away. You SPOILED it for me!

I still cannot wait to pick it up tomorrow. I can feel the good vibes from you all about it. Alpha Flight that actually 'feels' true to the characters? Nice!

Claw buddy...I hate that it may have been spoiled for you, but this is the spoiler thread.

Dana

S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R
    S
    !

I have to say...This one-shot felt like a good first issue of a new Alpha Flight series...Or even a good resurrection/re-forming issue of an ongoing series (you know, like the team lost a few members and the rest decide to disband, but they later come back together and find a way to bring their dead friends back...And stuff...LOL).
    Last edited by cmdrkoenig67; 11-25-2010 at 02:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ClawMaraud View Post
    Jeez! I have not read anything Alpha Flight in over ten years ... and here something new comes along that I might have liked and you all gave it away. You SPOILED it for me!

I still cannot wait to pick it up tomorrow. I can feel the good vibes from you all about it. Alpha Flight that actually 'feels' true to the characters? Nice!
    Short of sending out a SPRC (Spoiler Prevention Response Crew), I don't know that we could do much more than limit our spoiler-ish comments to this thread only, entitled Spoiler-FULL and even add spoiler-space. Self-control doesn't seem to be your forte! Please don't take offense to my razzing - when it comes to Alpha Flight, I can't resist either...

Just got my copy!

I ABOLUTELY
    S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R
    -ING WELL LOVED IT!!!!

My only minor quibble is that as a single issue, it felt a really fast read. As Jim says in Ben's interview a mini-series would have been great... BUT... As an Alpha Flight one-shot it answered pretty much everything I wanted it to.
    To be fair was barely a tie-in to Chaos War at all. Marvel could quite easily have not put this out, so I'm glad they invited Jim to pitch for it. It just shows that Marvel aren't completely against AF and that it just needs to be written well. In a way I'm actually almost glad Bendis killed the characters as this was a far better way to bring them back and cancel out all the Volume 3-ness.

The attention to detail and love for Byrne's run shows in both writing and artwork.

It's the small lines that make the story for me. Little titbits that, again as Jim mentioned to Ben, are their for the fans but don't alienate new readers or detract from the story; Northstar's reference to Kyle, Shaman's reasoning for Marrina being with them and Puck not, Heather's attention to files, Aurora's dig at the X-Men and Northstar's retort, the mentions of baby Hudson, Northstar's comment about being a monster (in reference to his time as terrorist and as a Brainwashed Hydra member, I'm guessing?), hell I could go on for ages. The issue is packed with details, research and respect.

Marinna's mutation makes sense and looks to be something that'll be picked up on later if the title comes back.

The art is pretty much spot-on throughout the issue. Their are times when some faces are slightly too cartoony/Eastern-esque, but it's more than made up for it by the amazing splash pages, and the details like pointed ears and the AMAZING Great Beasts and Wendigos.

I foresee a second printing very soon.

Finally got a copy... and it was GREAT! This is the kind of story I have been waiting to read for over a decade.

S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R
    S

I agree with pretty much everything Phil said. Surprisingly however, I prefer this as a one-shot (though it would have been better if it had a higher page count) only because it doesn't feel like it needs much more room to tell the story. Jim McCann brilliantly weaves a tale of heroism, self-sacrifice, nobility and (most importantly) heroes DOING THE RIGHT THING even though it's the difficult thing to do. This immediately sets AF above any other heroes out there. Of course, there were still some excellent character defining moments, such as when Snowbird turns away letting Kariooq die or when some AF members turn on others rather than give up the fight. He has researched every aspect of the team, and it shows.
    The art goes beyond being good, with the little details like the twins' ears, the big details like the splash page showing Tundra towering over the battlefield and the hidden details like the "graphic edit" from Somon to Shaman (huh, there's even a graphic edit when it comes to their names... okay, maybe I'm reading too much into it now) which reveals Mr. Brown's artistic genius.
    These guys deserve an ongoing title... and it should be an AF book. People, it's time for a letter writing campaign!