Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Spoiler-FULL Chaos War:Alpha Flight Previews/Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by ClawMaraud View Post
    Dana, you curse like Sarah Palin.
    Ouch...you wound me! Do you really hate me that much?

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

s
    p
    o
    i
    l
    e
    r
    !
    !
    !

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67 View Post
    I suppose so. Shaman should also have his loincloth uniform...He has his medicine bag too I see, which is interesting since his daughter has it....Are there now two?

Dana

Actually Beta Ray Bill carried the pouch back into the realm of the beasts to lure the deamons in so Pointer could seel the portal.

Ouch...you wound me! Do you really hate me that much?

Dana

Dana, just messing with you. I do not like a lot of people but you seem like a good fella. I like reading your posts. Keep it up.

I had just watched a show with Palin in it on TLC at a friends' house and she was rock climbing. I cannot believe what the TV has on it these days. She was 'cursing' with words like - 'Fudge', 'shucks' and more.... lol

With all her appearances as of late, maybe a continuing series of Alpha Flight could use her as a liason of some sort. I would love to see how Heather Hudson would deal with her. Ha Ha Ha. Just kidding.

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

I think, as others have also, that Snowbird is the one that will be against the dead coming back. Also, Shaman, will be the one against coming back from the dead. That only makes sense from how I read through the preview pages.

Also wanted to note, I do not think The Great Beasts can truly be defeated. Most of what they are all about has something to do with the natural order of things: Tundra, elements, sickness ... but I guess they, being the incarnation of these things, bend it to an evil purpose? And when did they become gods? Or am I mixed up on that issue? Be interesting to link some of the disasters in our world to them in some of the stories. Or would that be tasteless and tacky?

Just had a thought. Cool! A 'The Great Beasts' mini-series.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    s
    p
    o
    i
    l
    e
    r
    !
    !
    !

Actually Beta Ray Bill carried the pouch back into the realm of the beasts to lure the deamons in so Pointer could seel the portal.
    Ooh...I forgot about that. Thanks Ben.

Dana

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

Ooh...I forgot about that. Thanks Ben.

Dana

And, because the pouch is in the Beast Realm when Shaman is brought back to life, that would be why he has it on him now. A good enough reason?

Nice! The Great Beasts might have tampered with the pouch for future use ... as in ... maybe making it possible for them to use its' dimension to get to the MU dimension.
    Last edited by ClawMaraud; 11-23-2010 at 02:51 PM. Reason: Added spoiler space.

I'm SO freaking excited! I really really love surprise party!

Yeah I'm tad worried as Marvel has yet to release a preview for the issue, which they have done for basically every other Chaos War tie-in

Quote Originally Posted by -K-M- View Post
    Yeah I'm tad worried as Marvel has yet to release a preview for the issue, which they have done for basically every other Chaos War tie-in
    Ummm, K-M- Preview has been out for a few days

Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    Ummm, K-M- Preview has been out for a few days
    Oh nice I didn't even see that. I was looking on newsarama and cbr but didn't see it

EDIT: Wow, for only a few pages it really showed respect to the mythology of Alpha Flight. Great Beasts are some of my favorite villians and their being treated awesome....well so far
    Last edited by -K-M-; 11-24-2010 at 12:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sypes View Post
    I'm SO freaking excited! I really really love surprise party!
    LMAO! Are you referencing a certain Youtube video by a young fellow that mimes an SNL skit or the SNL skit, itself?

Dana

Picked up a couple of copies at my LCS and there were only two left on the shelf.

S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R
    S

Really good stuff and I think it covers a lot of stuff but still makes it accessible to new readers.

We finally get some mention of the Hudson daughter and I particularly loved Aurora's jab at the X-Men. Also, Northstar saying he thought Heather was a better leader gave me a bit of a chuckle.

It also seems like Marvel is pushing Alpha Flight a bit. The last page is one big ad for Alpha Flight trades and hardcovers so that may bode well for the future.
    "How do you know that my dimwitted inexperience isnt merely a subtle form of manipulation used to lower peoples expectations, enhancing my ability to effectively maneuver within any given situation."

Quote Originally Posted by mreeez View Post
    Picked up a couple of copies at my LCS and there were only two left on the shelf.

S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R
    S

Really good stuff and I think it covers a lot of stuff but still makes it accessible to new readers.

We finally get some mention of the Hudson daughter and I particularly loved Aurora's jab at the X-Men. Also, Northstar saying he thought Heather was a better leader gave me a bit of a chuckle.

It also seems like Marvel is pushing Alpha Flight a bit. The last page is one big ad for Alpha Flight trades and hardcovers so that may bode well for the future.

mreeez - Are you referring to the Alpha Flight Chaos War One Shot?

Yessiree
    "How do you know that my dimwitted inexperience isnt merely a subtle form of manipulation used to lower peoples expectations, enhancing my ability to effectively maneuver within any given situation."

LMAO! Are you referencing a certain Youtube video by a young fellow that mimes an SNL skit or the SNL skit, itself?

Dana
    A little bit of both maybe? hahah