Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Spoiler-FULL Chaos War:Alpha Flight Previews/Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67 View Post
    (besides the writer and maybe artist liking her in it)
    According to the artist, that's it exactly, it's what the writer and editor both wanted. From a story point of view, though, you could probably say that they just returned as their most "iconic" selves, and the others all happened to die in their most iconic outfits.

Spoilers

Thank you for the info, Tawmis (I'm not picking up Dead Avengers)...That makes more sense then (that some of the returned dead are sort of hovering in between life and death).

Although, I'm not really sure I understand why Heather is in her original costume (besides the writer and maybe artist liking her in it)...She died in the newer green costume. All of the others are fine, since thy all had pretty much the correct outfits on. Maybe I'm being too critical.

Dana
    No, I am pretty sure it's:

1. The artist likes it.
    2. The fans (over all), I would think liked it more. I know I certainly did.

Though the downside, that makes Northstar/Aurora look the same and Guardian/Vindicator look the same.

Which isn't TOO bad, since three of the Fantastic Four look the same.
    (The main FF, that is)

Quote Originally Posted by Tawmis View Post

1. The artist likes it.

Though the downside, that makes Northstar/Aurora look the same and Guardian/Vindicator look the same.

(The main FF, that is)
    I couldn't disagree more. There are certain "aspects" of the Invisible Woman that are nothing like the others, hence my school-boy crush...

I agree that Snowbird will probably be the one to "betray" the team, though I would completely understand the rationale behind it. I'm just glad that it appears that Marrina is NOT going to be the one to sabotage them. I hope we see Marrina at her best again rather than Marrina the "victim" or Marrina the "villain". It would be a nice change...

Quote Originally Posted by Ahab View Post
    I agree that Snowbird will probably be the one to "betray" the team, though I would completely understand the rationale behind it. I'm just glad that it appears that Marrina is NOT going to be the one to sabotage them. I hope we see Marrina at her best again rather than Marrina the "victim" or Marrina the "villain". It would be a nice change...
    LOL, I see Walt as the "betrayer" because he made the deal with the Beasts, didn't think of it as the betrayer being the one who would oppose the villains' plan.

I couldn't disagree more. There are certain "aspects" of the Invisible Woman that are nothing like the others, hence my school-boy crush...
    Oh come on, Ahab...You know Sue looks exactly like her brother when they put their uniforms on. I can hardly tell them apart.

...And folks...Please remember, we need to put spoiler space before any posts (in this thread) that would give story details away on the website's first page.

Dana
    Last edited by cmdrkoenig67; 11-20-2010 at 07:38 PM.
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Thanks guys....I had a feeling it was just due to creative preference, but it makes very little sense in-story (when it isn't explained)...

BTW: Good possible explanation, Mistress M.

I kind of like the matching of Mac and Heather, Jean Paul and Jeanne Marie (although the twins costumes are technically reversals of each other)....It sort of makes the team look even more cohesive and...Well...Uniform.

Dana

Quote Originally Posted by MistressMerr View Post
    According to the artist, that's it exactly, it's what the writer and editor both wanted. From a story point of view, though, you could probably say that they just returned as their most "iconic" selves, and the others all happened to die in their most iconic outfits.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tawmis View Post

1. The artist likes it.

(The main FF, that is)

Hmmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by Legerd View Post
    LOL, I see Walt as the "betrayer" because he made the deal with the Beasts, didn't think of it as the betrayer being the one who would oppose the villains' plan.
    I think we may yet be surprised...It could very well be Snowbird, who ends up enraged that Walt made a deal with the Beasts (her arch-enemies). Walt only seems to have made the deal believing that Alpha Flight can defeat the Beasts afterward, but I have a feeling it won't be as easy as Somon claims (He's a liar pants!).

Dana

Yes....

I'd like to see Marrina used in positive way too, but if she faces no adversity...She'll be pretty boring. If the Master ever returns, he's bound to try and use her again (or at least make her life a living heck).

Dana

Hmmmm...

I think we may yet be surprised...It could very well be Snowbird, who ends up enraged that Walt made a deal with the Beasts (her arch-enemies). Walt only seems to have made the deal believing that Alpha Flight can defeat the Beasts afterward, but I have a feeling it won't be as easy as Somon claims (He's a liar pants!).

Dana
    I think so, too. While I'm not sure if Somon would go back on his word or anything (for a bunch of insanely powerful beings dedicated to violence and destruction, they seemed pretty on the up-and-up), I just don't buy Snowbird being happy about her archenemies being given free reign on the world, no matter the stipulations. She was willing to kill Walt back in the day to take down Tanaraq, I don't see her saying it's worth it for the others to be alive like everyone else might. Shaman might also see things in a similar vein, though, so who knows?

Well originally they said one living and one dead member would be unhappy. I think we need to see who the dead one is who wants to bring AF back and strong.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R
    S
    ?
    Although, I'm not really sure I understand why Heather is in her original costume (besides the writer and maybe artist liking her in it)...She died in the newer green costume. All of the others are fine, since thy all had pretty much the correct outfits on. Maybe I'm being too critical.
    If we're going by that logic then Marrina would be a mutated, decapitated, gene-spliced Plodex beast....

Yes....

I'd like to see Marrina used in positive way too, but if she faces no adversity...She'll be pretty boring. If the Master ever returns, he's bound to try and use her again (or at least make her life a living heck).

Dana

Dana, you curse like Sarah Palin.

For the BETRAYER... (potential spoilers for AF and definite spoilers for Chaos War: Dead Avengers #1)...

S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R

S
    P
    A
    C
    E

I am curious to see if it would be Shaman. Shaman would be the one who would probably feel the most out of balance, since he's probably the closest to nature (on the team), other than Snowbird. And strangely, Dr. Druid was the one who was against the "Dead Avengers" coming back...

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R
    S
    ?

If we're going by that logic then Marrina would be a mutated, decapitated, gene-spliced Plodex beast....
    I suppose so. Shaman should also have his loincloth uniform...He has his medicine bag too I see, which is interesting since his daughter has it....Are there now two?

Dana