Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Spoiler-FULL Chaos War:Alpha Flight Previews/Reviews

Default Spoiler-FULL Chaos War:Alpha Flight Previews/Reviews

No, you haven't missed anything.
    The Chaos War previews are starting to trickle through, so in an attempt to keep the details of the issue from those who may not get their comics on the day they come out, I'm starting up two seperate threads for those who wish to wait for their copy.

Any posts made in this thread MUST start with spoiler space ala...

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

... in order to stop the comic being spoiled in the new post preview panels on the forum home page.

And with that, not long to go

Spoiler space is needed, even with the title indicating the thread is Spoiler-FULL? That seems kind of redundant.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

As I said;

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    ... in order to stop the comic being spoiled in the new post preview panels on the forum home page.

Whoops (I did just wake up)...Heh! Spoilers on...

Those of us who order our comics through the internet, and do not receive them until 3 or 4 weeks after they hit the LCS's, thank you Phil.
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Ahem

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...026&disp=table

For once, Legerd spoke too soon. And several of us got the predictions right (thank you, even I can get lucky) on who the 'devil' is and who makes the deal.

"How about this: Puck makes a deal with the Great Beasts, so he's in Hell as 'payment'; or Sasquatch does it (but then I can't guess the 'payment'). Either way living Snowbird is cheesed off, dead Shaman is too. You don't give the Great Beasts a break."
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Okay...

SPOLIER SPACE...
    If as the Chaos War: Alpha Flight preview says (on the recap page), the Chaos King ripped apart the afterlife (booting lots of or even all of the dead out)...Doesn't that mean most (or all) of the other dead Alphans could come back (like Diamond Lil, Bochs)...Maybe even some of their dead enemies (like Jerry Jaxon, Smart Alec, Wild Child)? it's just a thought....My other thought is...How can all of those dead that come back have physical bodies (like the dead Avengers)? Does their being kicked out of the afterlife somehow rebuild bodies for them?

Dana

Can't read my...

Can't read my...

No, he can't read my...

SPOILER SPACE!

Thoughts on the preview:

- Nice, economic storytelling so far; the band's back together by the end of the preview.

- Man, poor Snowbird just seems like she's doomed to lose everyone she cares about. But at least she gets reunited with Shaman.

- I figured it would be too much to see Kyle make an appearance, but I'm glad that he at least got a mention (and that it appears that he and JP are keeping up the LDR).

- Walteeeerrrrr... *headdesk* Yeah, this'll turn out well. There's a reason I call this guy a very stupid smart man.

- Seeing nothing here that makes me less excited for Wednesday!

S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R
    S

WOW....
    It actually all makes sense, and is well written and respectful and... and.. and... *faints*

Sas's guilt for being the only one to survive, as shown in Omega Flight, would be enough for him to be tempted by The Great Beast's offer, and as he says AF've defeat them once and they'll do it again.
    It does point to Snowbird being the one to not be happy with the deal, which again makes sense.

Seriously looking forward to this.
    I may have to buy multiple copies.

HEAD EXPLODE

My head exploded again.

Love,
    rplass
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R

S
    P
    A
    C
    E

Okay, I can admit when I'm wrong... although in my defence I did say that if it wasn't Llan then the only other possibility was it being the Great Beasts.

Still don't think they are AF's version of the devil though.

I do like the idea that Walter is the "betrayer" as he has been shown in the past to be willing to do the wrong thing for the right reasons. It isn't a stretch to see him make the deal with Somon, though I would have personally bartered for a thousand years instead of just one hundred.
    The art is great in my opinion, with only a minor quibble about the length of Sasquatch's arms (too nitpicky?). I especially love the last preview page with the dead members coming out from the portal all dramatic like. Can't wait for Wednesday! It seems we are finally getting a decent take on AF.

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

SPOILER SPACE

EVEN THOUGH I DON'T REALLY TALK ABOUT ANYTHING

Yeah, it's too early for anything more coherent than that. Randomly, I think my favourite part is the classic Alpha Flight trope of having things happen in the most random of Canadian cities. Bon Accord ftw!

ETA: This is probably a testament to how tired I am, but when Kyle was mentioned, I immediately thought Wild Child. It was VERY CONFUSING.
    Last edited by MistressMerr; 11-19-2010 at 11:53 AM.

Spoiler

Spoile

Spoil

Spoi

Spo

Sp

S

Ah, Northstar's got his pointy ears back. You can see his right ear fairly clearly in the preview page. So glad. Now we won't have to do the whole tar, feather, etc.
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67 View Post
    Okay...

SPOLIER SPACE...
    If as the Chaos War: Alpha Flight preview says (on the recap page), the Chaos King ripped apart the afterlife (booting lots of or even all of the dead out)...Doesn't that mean most (or all) of the other dead Alphans could come back (like Diamond Lil, Bochs)...Maybe even some of their dead enemies (like Jerry Jaxon, Smart Alec, Wild Child)? it's just a thought....My other thought is...How can all of those dead that come back have physical bodies (like the dead Avengers)? Does their being kicked out of the afterlife somehow rebuild bodies for them?

Dana
    Have you read DEAD AVENGERS yet? It might explain it. Not all of them are returned to their "a physical form" - because the Dead Avengers are not in a "physical world" per se, but some strange in between - caught between Dream and Awake, because when Chaos King killed Nightmare, it destroyed the Dream Realm, plunging EVERYONE into a coma like state. So the creatures that show up in DEAD AVENGERS... Well, they do something... that proves they're not in their physical bodies.

Where as, glancing at the preview of Alpha Flight, that Sas makes a deal for them to have their bodies back.

Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Tawmis View Post
    Have you read DEAD AVENGERS yet? It might explain it. Not all of them are returned to their "a physical form" - because the Dead Avengers are not in a "physical world" per se, but some strange in between - caught between Dream and Awake, because when Chaos King killed Nightmare, it destroyed the Dream Realm, plunging EVERYONE into a coma like state. So the creatures that show up in DEAD AVENGERS... Well, they do something... that proves they're not in their physical bodies.

Where as, glancing at the preview of Alpha Flight, that Sas makes a deal for them to have their bodies back.
    Thank you for the info, Tawmis (I'm not picking up Dead Avengers)...That makes more sense then (that some of the returned dead are sort of hovering in between life and death).

Although, I'm not really sure I understand why Heather is in her original costume (besides the writer and maybe artist liking her in it)...She died in the newer green costume. All of the others are fine, since thy all had pretty much the correct outfits on. Maybe I'm being too critical.

Dana