Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Spoiler-FULL Chaos War:Alpha Flight Previews/Reviews

Hybrid View

Default Spoiler-FULL Chaos War:Alpha Flight Previews/Reviews

No, you haven't missed anything.
    The Chaos War previews are starting to trickle through, so in an attempt to keep the details of the issue from those who may not get their comics on the day they come out, I'm starting up two seperate threads for those who wish to wait for their copy.

Any posts made in this thread MUST start with spoiler space ala...

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

... in order to stop the comic being spoiled in the new post preview panels on the forum home page.

And with that, not long to go

Spoiler space is needed, even with the title indicating the thread is Spoiler-FULL? That seems kind of redundant.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

As I said;

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    ... in order to stop the comic being spoiled in the new post preview panels on the forum home page.

Whoops (I did just wake up)...Heh! Spoilers on...

Those of us who order our comics through the internet, and do not receive them until 3 or 4 weeks after they hit the LCS's, thank you Phil.
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Okay...

SPOLIER SPACE...
    If as the Chaos War: Alpha Flight preview says (on the recap page), the Chaos King ripped apart the afterlife (booting lots of or even all of the dead out)...Doesn't that mean most (or all) of the other dead Alphans could come back (like Diamond Lil, Bochs)...Maybe even some of their dead enemies (like Jerry Jaxon, Smart Alec, Wild Child)? it's just a thought....My other thought is...How can all of those dead that come back have physical bodies (like the dead Avengers)? Does their being kicked out of the afterlife somehow rebuild bodies for them?

Dana

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67 View Post
    Okay...

SPOLIER SPACE...
    If as the Chaos War: Alpha Flight preview says (on the recap page), the Chaos King ripped apart the afterlife (booting lots of or even all of the dead out)...Doesn't that mean most (or all) of the other dead Alphans could come back (like Diamond Lil, Bochs)...Maybe even some of their dead enemies (like Jerry Jaxon, Smart Alec, Wild Child)? it's just a thought....My other thought is...How can all of those dead that come back have physical bodies (like the dead Avengers)? Does their being kicked out of the afterlife somehow rebuild bodies for them?

Dana
    Have you read DEAD AVENGERS yet? It might explain it. Not all of them are returned to their "a physical form" - because the Dead Avengers are not in a "physical world" per se, but some strange in between - caught between Dream and Awake, because when Chaos King killed Nightmare, it destroyed the Dream Realm, plunging EVERYONE into a coma like state. So the creatures that show up in DEAD AVENGERS... Well, they do something... that proves they're not in their physical bodies.

Where as, glancing at the preview of Alpha Flight, that Sas makes a deal for them to have their bodies back.

Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Tawmis View Post
    Have you read DEAD AVENGERS yet? It might explain it. Not all of them are returned to their "a physical form" - because the Dead Avengers are not in a "physical world" per se, but some strange in between - caught between Dream and Awake, because when Chaos King killed Nightmare, it destroyed the Dream Realm, plunging EVERYONE into a coma like state. So the creatures that show up in DEAD AVENGERS... Well, they do something... that proves they're not in their physical bodies.

Where as, glancing at the preview of Alpha Flight, that Sas makes a deal for them to have their bodies back.
    Thank you for the info, Tawmis (I'm not picking up Dead Avengers)...That makes more sense then (that some of the returned dead are sort of hovering in between life and death).

Although, I'm not really sure I understand why Heather is in her original costume (besides the writer and maybe artist liking her in it)...She died in the newer green costume. All of the others are fine, since thy all had pretty much the correct outfits on. Maybe I'm being too critical.

Dana

(besides the writer and maybe artist liking her in it)
    According to the artist, that's it exactly, it's what the writer and editor both wanted. From a story point of view, though, you could probably say that they just returned as their most "iconic" selves, and the others all happened to die in their most iconic outfits.

Spoilers

Thank you for the info, Tawmis (I'm not picking up Dead Avengers)...That makes more sense then (that some of the returned dead are sort of hovering in between life and death).

Although, I'm not really sure I understand why Heather is in her original costume (besides the writer and maybe artist liking her in it)...She died in the newer green costume. All of the others are fine, since thy all had pretty much the correct outfits on. Maybe I'm being too critical.

Dana
    No, I am pretty sure it's:

1. The artist likes it.
    2. The fans (over all), I would think liked it more. I know I certainly did.

Though the downside, that makes Northstar/Aurora look the same and Guardian/Vindicator look the same.

Which isn't TOO bad, since three of the Fantastic Four look the same.
    (The main FF, that is)

1. The artist likes it.

Though the downside, that makes Northstar/Aurora look the same and Guardian/Vindicator look the same.

(The main FF, that is)
    I couldn't disagree more. There are certain "aspects" of the Invisible Woman that are nothing like the others, hence my school-boy crush...

Thanks guys....I had a feeling it was just due to creative preference, but it makes very little sense in-story (when it isn't explained)...

BTW: Good possible explanation, Mistress M.

I kind of like the matching of Mac and Heather, Jean Paul and Jeanne Marie (although the twins costumes are technically reversals of each other)....It sort of makes the team look even more cohesive and...Well...Uniform.

Dana

Quote Originally Posted by MistressMerr View Post
    According to the artist, that's it exactly, it's what the writer and editor both wanted. From a story point of view, though, you could probably say that they just returned as their most "iconic" selves, and the others all happened to die in their most iconic outfits.

1. The artist likes it.

(The main FF, that is)

S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R
    S
    ?
    If we're going by that logic then Marrina would be a mutated, decapitated, gene-spliced Plodex beast....

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R
    S
    ?

If we're going by that logic then Marrina would be a mutated, decapitated, gene-spliced Plodex beast....
    I suppose so. Shaman should also have his loincloth uniform...He has his medicine bag too I see, which is interesting since his daughter has it....Are there now two?

Dana

Where's Maple Syrup Lass when you need her?

Dana