Thread: Incredible Hulks: Enigma Force

Lion-O's 2nd Cousin Alpha Flight

Default Incredible Hulks: Enigma Force

Picked the first issue up after finding out it had a reunion of sorts of the Marvel owned Micronauts! One of my fave series in the early 80's. This series continues on events from Realm of Kings:Son of Hulk (which I can't find anywhere!) but it didn't take me long to be caught up. This also does not take into account the Micronauts The New Voyages series that killed off the Micronauts (due to Marvel letting the licence lapse).

Anyhow, this is the start of a great space adventure by the same creative team as Son of Hulk. He has a good read on the core cast and it was made even better when Bug came back where he belongs. I don't know too much about Carl, apparently he's a Deaths Head android. Is that the same from the old Marvel Brit comic? Hopefully more will be revealed as they chase Hiro-Kala. Very good start. If the same creative team were to do an ongoing and add some more of the old 'nauts (Huntarr, Acroyear under a new name, Devil/Fireflyte or even some non-Micros like say, the Warbound?) I would buy it even at a 3.99 price tag.
    The world is NOT getting more Alpha Flight! Tweet me you twits! @DaVeO52

I also picked this up, as I'm a huge Micronauts fan...I'm digging it so far.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Nuts, totally didn't see this one coming. Huge Micronauts fan. Acroyear and Bug are the best of the group, IMHO. Guess i will have to check this out at some point.
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Like DaVeo, I also wish there were more of the old crew (the characters owned by Marvel, at least) being used in this series (Huntarr or Fireflyte and/or Devil, etc...) to bulk up the team (the founders only being Rann, Mari and Bug). It would be nice to see other familiar faces from the past in the mix, although I do like the addition of Jentorra (Jarella's niece) to the team....I'm still not sure about Carl (I'm not terribly fond of the character, so far).

I'm kind of bummed that they can't be called the Micronauts (or The Mighty Micronauts, The Marvelous Micronauts, etc...) anymore, but it's really nice to see these characters again.

Dana
    Last edited by cmdrkoenig67; 10-04-2010 at 08:03 PM.

Lion-O's 2nd Cousin Alpha Flight

I think when they came back the first time, way back in an earlier Cable series, they called themselves the Microns. I actually think I prefer Enigma Force if we can't have Micronauts. I do really miss Acroyear though, but considering that isn't even his real name (it's his race) I don't see any reason he couldn't come back with a different set of armour and his actual name. Heck, he could even name himself after their destroyed home world of Spartak in remembrance.
    The world is NOT getting more Alpha Flight! Tweet me you twits! @DaVeO52

Heck, he could even name himself after their destroyed home world of Spartak in remembrance.
    Perhaps he could call himself "300" and come back with the face of actor Gerard Butler?
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by DaVeO View Post
    I do really miss Acroyear though, but considering that isn't even his real name (it's his race) I don't see any reason he couldn't come back with a different set of armour and his actual name.
    They could give him a really awful coloured suit of armour and call him SPARTACKY.

DIGGER

(don't get me wrong, I loved the Micronauts too)

Quote Originally Posted by DaVeO View Post
    I think when they came back the first time, way back in an earlier Cable series, they called themselves the Microns. I actually think I prefer Enigma Force if we can't have Micronauts. I do really miss Acroyear though, but considering that isn't even his real name (it's his race) I don't see any reason he couldn't come back with a different set of armour and his actual name. Heck, he could even name himself after their destroyed home world of Spartak in remembrance.
    Yeah...I have the issues where they are called the Microns (which I didn't mind too much, since it's almost the full name)...It was in Captain Marvel (they were called the Micronauts still in Cable), although I don't mind them being called the Enigma Force (except that it might be confusing to new readers, there being a power called the Enigma Force and also ateam by the same name....I dunno).

Acroyear couldn't really be called by his real name, since it's unpronounceable (maybe it's a symbol, like the Artist Formerly Known as Prince?...LOL!). Him taking the name Spartak to honor his dead world is still the best idea I've heard. I'd love for Marvel to be able to use his people too....Just call them the People of Spartak or Spartakians or the Spartak....And his mate Cilicia could be used too, since she's a Marvel creations. Technically, Acroyears brother Shaitan is a Marvel creation too (they just have to alter his armored appearance to use him.

I just love talking about the Micronauts.

Dana

BTW....I made a Yahoo group to discuss the Marvel Micronauts a while back, you're all welcome to join and gab about them with me and the other members (if you'd like). the group has been rather quiet lately, but maybe new voices would make it more lively?

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/themar...guid=100875155
    Last edited by cmdrkoenig67; 10-06-2010 at 01:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DIGGER View Post
    They could give him a really awful coloured suit of armour and call him SPARTACKY.

DIGGER

(don't get me wrong, I loved the Micronauts too)
    LOL! I like it!

Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath07 View Post
    Perhaps he could call himself "300" and come back with the face of actor Gerard Butler?
    THIS!IS!SPARTAK! Kicks his evil, resurrected brother, Shaitan into a pit.

Dana