Thread: Alpha Flight Villains...

Threaded View

Default Alpha Flight Villains...

Hi guys, since we started conversing about Alpha Flight villains (and possibly returning villains) here..

http://www.alphaflight.net/showthread.php?t=5340

I thought we should have a thread devoted to Alpha Flight villains...Past, present and future.

My picks for returning nasties...

The Master of the World

The Great Beasts
    (of course)

Pestilence
    (I'd like to see him return, IMHO he was one of the better villains from Mantlo's run)

The Dream Queen

Omega Flight
    ...Robot MX39147/Delphine...Why not...She's a robot, they're pretty resilient (and with Madison away from Canada, she'd feel safer getting Jaxon's revenge on Alpha), She could possibly regain control of Flashback, I'd like to see Radius return as a villain, he always did have a bad attitude, Box...It was interesting to have Jaxon using the Box robot and if Madison isn't using it, then why not a villain for a bit. Michael Pointer/Weapon Omega (why not?). Caliber...I think he may be better suited to a team setting. A mad and mentally-influenced Yukon Jack? Manbot, corrupted by a computer virus created by Delphine? Firebug, who briefly battled Windshear and Beta Flight in Vol 1. Marrina, while in a Plodex blood-lust and being influenced by Delphine? I'm drawing a blank now on others that might be good candidates for Omega.

The Wendigo
    (Alpha never faced him in any of their own series, but they would certainly run into him eventually, since he's Canada-based).

Lady Deathstrike
    (with guest star Wolverine?)...She first appeared as a villain in Alpha Flight, why not have her in Canada for some reason and Wolverine shows up on her trail?

Wild Child
    ...Maybe begins creating his own assassin's guild (based in Canada and killing for money all over the world)? Or maybe just have him rejoin Omega Flight?

Nemesis, not necessarily a villain, but more of a vigilante/anti-hero, killing criminals and such...Alpha could try to catch her.

Arcade...Has battled members of Alpha twice (Puck, Heather and Northstar) and he will try to kill whom-ever he's hired to (could be hired by and enemy of Alpha, maybe a human enemy who has no powers themselves)...Using Arcade will once again show Alpha is a part of the Marvel Universe.

Gods of the North, could become adversaries to Alpha. Like Nemesis, not necessarily villains...But in their war against the Beasts, they do seem to be the types to do anything to win, regardless of human lives and such.

The Director (Malcolm Colcord)
    from the Weapon X series, he might still have a major beef with Aurora and he certainly hates mutants.

Tech-Noir, Brain-Drain, Miss Mass, Strongarm, Sinew and Bile?

__________________________________________________ _______________________________
    Possible New Adversaries (mostly other Marvel villains, tying Alpha more into the 616 Universe):
    __________________________________________________ _______________________________

Graviton is almost a given...Being a Canadian power-mad scientist, he's a perfect fit for Alpha's villain stable. The Avengers don't use him that often, anyway...He could be a major "big bad" for Alpha.

The Mole Man, maybe as a villain for a two-part story (Sasquatch's Alpha Flight battled him briefly in Volume 3)...It ties Alpha to the Marvel universe a bit more and he has tunnels all over the world...It makes sense that Alpha might run into him more than once.

X-Men villains like Mr Sinister or Apocalypse would also tie Alpha to the X-teams a bit more...Perhaps said villains could have some interest in Aurora and Northstar?

Aron the rogue Watcher, he had a base in Canada once, when he fought the Fantastic Four. Perhaps he could return?

Canadian Hellfire Club, mentioned in an issue of Wolverine...They don't have to be mutants, but could be powerful and power-hungry people bent on controlling Canada?

Weapon: P.R.I.M.E. Not necessarily villains, but could butt heads (maybe even have a scrap) with Alpha while on a joint mission some time.

Marrina's Plodex children

Some villains who escaped to Canada during the Civil War, like Tentakill, Slag, Raptore, Daisy, etc...
    Last edited by cmdrkoenig67; 09-20-2010 at 01:13 PM. Reason: Added a few more villains
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!