Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Alpha Flight Villains...

Default Alpha Flight Villains...

Hi guys, since we started conversing about Alpha Flight villains (and possibly returning villains) here..

http://www.alphaflight.net/showthread.php?t=5340

I thought we should have a thread devoted to Alpha Flight villains...Past, present and future.

My picks for returning nasties...

The Master of the World

The Great Beasts
    (of course)

Pestilence
    (I'd like to see him return, IMHO he was one of the better villains from Mantlo's run)

The Dream Queen

Omega Flight
    ...Robot MX39147/Delphine...Why not...She's a robot, they're pretty resilient (and with Madison away from Canada, she'd feel safer getting Jaxon's revenge on Alpha), She could possibly regain control of Flashback, I'd like to see Radius return as a villain, he always did have a bad attitude, Box...It was interesting to have Jaxon using the Box robot and if Madison isn't using it, then why not a villain for a bit. Michael Pointer/Weapon Omega (why not?). Caliber...I think he may be better suited to a team setting. A mad and mentally-influenced Yukon Jack? Manbot, corrupted by a computer virus created by Delphine? Firebug, who briefly battled Windshear and Beta Flight in Vol 1. Marrina, while in a Plodex blood-lust and being influenced by Delphine? I'm drawing a blank now on others that might be good candidates for Omega.

The Wendigo
    (Alpha never faced him in any of their own series, but they would certainly run into him eventually, since he's Canada-based).

Lady Deathstrike
    (with guest star Wolverine?)...She first appeared as a villain in Alpha Flight, why not have her in Canada for some reason and Wolverine shows up on her trail?

Wild Child
    ...Maybe begins creating his own assassin's guild (based in Canada and killing for money all over the world)? Or maybe just have him rejoin Omega Flight?

Nemesis, not necessarily a villain, but more of a vigilante/anti-hero, killing criminals and such...Alpha could try to catch her.

Arcade...Has battled members of Alpha twice (Puck, Heather and Northstar) and he will try to kill whom-ever he's hired to (could be hired by and enemy of Alpha, maybe a human enemy who has no powers themselves)...Using Arcade will once again show Alpha is a part of the Marvel Universe.

Gods of the North, could become adversaries to Alpha. Like Nemesis, not necessarily villains...But in their war against the Beasts, they do seem to be the types to do anything to win, regardless of human lives and such.

The Director (Malcolm Colcord)
    from the Weapon X series, he might still have a major beef with Aurora and he certainly hates mutants.

Tech-Noir, Brain-Drain, Miss Mass, Strongarm, Sinew and Bile?

__________________________________________________ _______________________________
    Possible New Adversaries (mostly other Marvel villains, tying Alpha more into the 616 Universe):
    __________________________________________________ _______________________________

Graviton is almost a given...Being a Canadian power-mad scientist, he's a perfect fit for Alpha's villain stable. The Avengers don't use him that often, anyway...He could be a major "big bad" for Alpha.

The Mole Man, maybe as a villain for a two-part story (Sasquatch's Alpha Flight battled him briefly in Volume 3)...It ties Alpha to the Marvel universe a bit more and he has tunnels all over the world...It makes sense that Alpha might run into him more than once.

X-Men villains like Mr Sinister or Apocalypse would also tie Alpha to the X-teams a bit more...Perhaps said villains could have some interest in Aurora and Northstar?

Aron the rogue Watcher, he had a base in Canada once, when he fought the Fantastic Four. Perhaps he could return?

Canadian Hellfire Club, mentioned in an issue of Wolverine...They don't have to be mutants, but could be powerful and power-hungry people bent on controlling Canada?

Weapon: P.R.I.M.E. Not necessarily villains, but could butt heads (maybe even have a scrap) with Alpha while on a joint mission some time.

Marrina's Plodex children

Some villains who escaped to Canada during the Civil War, like Tentakill, Slag, Raptore, Daisy, etc...
    Last edited by cmdrkoenig67; 09-20-2010 at 01:13 PM. Reason: Added a few more villains
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

I vote for not only Wild Child as a major bad-arse villain for AF, but also for a seat on the Canadian Hellfire Club. I think it is about time we got to see that not only is Wild Child brutal, but he is also very intelligent. Also, bringing him back from the dead, I think Wolvie owes him after the newly-pierced WC took him down with ease in Wolvie's own series; might be a good way to have
    "Mr. Snikt" guest-star in AF from time to time?

Again, hate to bring this up, but all this talk of future AF villains is predicated on us believing that when Chaos War ends, Alpha Flight will still be in the land of the living. Until it does end, we do not know that for sure...

Yukon Jack as a villain? I guess...I just really liked him as a hero, i thought he was one of the few good things to come out of AF Vol. 3. However, I think he could be a real annoyance for Snowbird, by playing up his love-relationship/marriage with the T.C. Snowbird (until one day, "bamph!", she just disappeared?) - if he saw her, would he believe Narya to be his wife? Interesting, I say!

One other thing. Anybody with access to the email accounts of any writers who have expressed interest in writing AF (FVL, McCann, etc), should send them a link to this thread. If they aren't reading this site already, that is! They need to know that we fans understand how to make this team, and its villains, interesting and successful - they should come here for ideas, and feel free to use them.

Nice job, Dana!
    Last edited by Flightpath07; 09-20-2010 at 06:37 PM. Reason: fixing typos
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

I agree with almost all your picks.

I never liked
    Pestilence and don't particularly want to see him back.

The Delphine robot was IIRC turned into the battlesuit that Heather wore so highly doubtful we'll see it again.

I'd like to see Wild Child return and (if he doesn't join Alpha Flight) become a an ongoing villain. It's a great idea for him to start up his own OF or assassins guild, but work as the spider in the web type of villain. He seemed to be smarter and more skilled when last seen in Wolverine, but has to get over that small case of death he came down with.

Graviton
    should have appeared long ago as an AF villain!

I was working on a fanfic idea once which had a Canadian Hellfire Club, but never knew one was actually brought up in the comics.
    I'd love to see that fleshed out. Northstar might be a member or maybe Walter since he has wealth. For the bad guys it could be a Canadian politician or even the Master of the World using a pseudonym.

Mauvais
    was trapped with the Great Beasts which means he could return someday.

Other existing villains should be used as well. How would AF handle Venom, Black Tom Cassidy, the Serpent Society or Kang?
    Last edited by Legerd; 09-20-2010 at 06:39 PM.

How about Paste Pot Pete?
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath07 View Post
    How about Paste Pot Pete?
    A villain to make the hardiest hero quake in fear!

I like the names mentioned, just to note Firebug was absorbed into the Master's battlesuit.

The Great Beasts and the Master are my two favorites.

I think Graviton would be an excellent addition to AF's villan pantheon.

For me, the most important thing is to see the original Alpha Flight back together...Guardian, Sasquatch, Shaman, Snowbird, Northstar & Aurora.

Master and the Great Beasts are the no brainers. Graviton would be a good choice.

My Omega Flight Line up:
    Box - controlled Jerry Jaxxon's mind as hew was hooked up to a computer whey back in Vol. 1 issue 12
    Wild Child
    Diamond Lil
    Smart Alec
    Flash Back
    Witchfire
    Bones - Pink Pearl's buddy

Quote Originally Posted by Legerd View Post
    I agree with almost all your picks.

I never liked
    Pestilence and don't particularly want to see him back.

The Delphine robot was IIRC turned into the battlesuit that Heather wore so highly doubtful we'll see it again.

I'd like to see Wild Child return and (if he doesn't join Alpha Flight) become a an ongoing villain. It's a great idea for him to start up his own OF or assassins guild, but work as the spider in the web type of villain. He seemed to be smarter and more skilled when last seen in Wolverine, but has to get over that small case of death he came down with.

Graviton
    should have appeared long ago as an AF villain!

I was working on a fanfic idea once which had a Canadian Hellfire Club, but never knew one was actually brought up in the comics.
    I'd love to see that fleshed out. Northstar might be a member or maybe Walter since he has wealth. For the bad guys it could be a Canadian politician or even the Master of the World using a pseudonym.

Mauvais
    was trapped with the Great Beasts which means he could return someday.

Other existing villains should be used as well. How would AF handle Venom, Black Tom Cassidy, the Serpent Society or Kang?
    I totally forgot about Mauvais, L...Good one...He is so eeeeevil! He'd be a pretty creepy AF villain. I also like your suggestions of Black Tom and the Serpents as possible villains. Kang works too, since he's a cosmic sort of villain...He's not nailed down to any certain super hero group or country.

Some skrull action might be fun or maybe the Dire Wraiths?

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Graviton would make a great AF villain!

I never did like the Master, BUT I LIKE the idea of him as a member of a Canadian Hellfire Club. That could work very well. Nice idea!
    "You just decided *all by yourselves* that you are the Earth's protectors. And that you, and *only* you, not your teammates or family, are trustworthy enough to include in the process..."

T'Challa, The New Avengers: Illuminati 1

Yes, having Dream Queen influencing the Master, who runs a new group (I prefer Hardliners to Omega Flight) with Witchfire, Persuasion, J. Jaxon Box....
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

...let's throw in Earthmover, Ouija, and Feedback, Moke. Rather than have interesting characters from the past "float through limbo" and not be spoken of or used, i'd rather see them pop up as part of a larger villainous team. Maybe Brain Drain, too?
    Last edited by Flightpath07; 09-22-2010 at 11:01 PM. Reason: dang this Skrullian keyboard!

When I think of classic AF villians I immediately think Great Beasts. Others that I would like to see return one way or another are Pestilence, Dreamqueen, Master and Diablo. I know Diablo is mainly a FF foe, but he has some history with AF, maybe give someone an excuse to resurrect Gilded LIly
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath07 View Post
    ...let's throw in Earthmover, Ouija, and Feedback, Moke. Rather than have interesting characters from the past "float through limbo" and not be spoken of or used, i'd rather see them pop up as part of a larger villainous team. Maybe Brain Drain, too?
    WTF happened with Earthmover? Did he "go bad" and I just missed it? I need to know!

DIGGER

Quote Originally Posted by DIGGER View Post
    WTF happened with Earthmover? Did he "go bad" and I just missed it? I need to know!

DIGGER
    Nope. What happened with him? Absolutely...nothing.

And that's my point. "Hel-lo! Marvel execs? is anybody there?"

As i stated above, Digger; "Rather than have interesting characters from the past 'float through limbo' and not be spoken of or used, i'd rather see them pop up as part of a larger villainous team."

Better a villain and actually acknowledged and used, than a hero that never does any hero-ing.
    Last edited by Flightpath07; 09-24-2010 at 03:54 AM. Reason: punk-tuation