Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: fan expo news

I thought it was confirmed Deadpool was Canadian.

This is great news.

Hopefully it will be the original team.

Quote Originally Posted by suzene View Post
    Here's hoping. Northstar's pretty much wasted over in X-Men
    If Wolverine can be on 2 Avengers teams and 1 X-Men team then JP's certainly fast enough to cover the country and be on both Alpha Flight and the X-Men....

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    If Wolverine can be on 2 Avengers teams and 1 X-Men team then JP's certainly fast enough to cover the country and be on both Alpha Flight and the X-Men....
    Oh, I'm not casting doubt on Jean-Paul's abilities, only a certain writer's. Maybe his having a partner will help with some of the characterization issues, but I'm not holding my breath.

Yeah I get that, I just don't think Fraction'll give him up.

Yeah I get that, I just don't think Fraction'll give him up.
    Which is ridiculous given the amount of time he has had to use the character and had barely done anything with him until the current storyline...

In his defence he gave him a serious boyfriend.
    A lot of writers still wouldn't have done that, and that's something that wouldn't have happened had he just stayed in comic limbo.

A lot of writers still wouldn't have done that, and that's something that wouldn't have happened had he just stayed in comic limbo.
    True, but it is frustrating to see him use him so little except to play up the homosexual angle. Even in the current arc, they bring in Storm to "assist" the current team. WHAT? Just because Northstar hasn't been an official member of the X-Men for long, that makes him less experienced? And Dazzler was part of the core X-men team for a good stint during the Australia years. This plot point was aggravating to me.

I think it's more as there isn't anyone there with leadership experience. Neither Warren nor JP have ever wanted that burden.
    Then there's the safety in numbers aspect and the political advantage of having Storm too.
    I wouldn't take it as a slight.

I get what you're saying, but IMO, Tim Fish gave Northstar a serious boyfriend. Fraction gave us an unnamed guy who was involved with Northstar and hasn't appeared under his pen since, not even as mention. So partial credit there, and very little for the characterization of JP himself. (I still think that page of Wolverine recruiting Northstar into the X-Men again should have ended with the runt getting a Mach 2 knee to the junk.)